Moral of the story, by the time I spend $10 on the suit, with the hopes of the stain coming out, spend my time and money to clean it, and then list on Ebay, pay all their fees, I might have 2 bits to rub together.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 9:27 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 8/20/16 at 4:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on Today at 3:28 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3166post #47476 of 1387289/17/12 at 3:46pmpost #47477 of 1387289/17/12 at 5:01pmpost #47478 of 1387289/17/12 at 5:46pmpost #47479 of 1387289/17/12 at 5:55pm^ post a pic of the inside code to the alden thread, i'm sure they'll help figure out what model and last those are: http://www.styleforum.net/t/85589/the-official-alden-threadpost #47480 of 1387289/17/12 at 5:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by mexicutioner
^ post a pic of the inside code to the alden thread, i'm sure they'll help figure out what model and last those are: http://www.styleforum.net/t/85589/the-official-alden-thread
Also, I have had great luck identifying the orthos here too.
Here for standard lasts
look under catalogspost #47481 of 1387289/17/12 at 7:28pmpost #47482 of 1387289/17/12 at 7:34pmpost #47483 of 1387289/17/12 at 8:40pmpost #47484 of 1387289/17/12 at 9:32pm
Holy cow, I'm literally swimming in sea island cotton over thanks to eazye (mad props to you sir). Fun fact- Turnbull & Asser bespoke gear has little tags with the month and year of production on them, as well as the order number. The last date was Oct 11, so some of these are less than a year old!
Now I must find a good tailor, these fit pretty well in the neck, and are dead on perfect in the sleeve length, but I'm swimming body wise. Anyone successfully have shirts taken in in the body and sleeves?post #47485 of 1387289/17/12 at 10:14pmQuote:
I'd say you're a winner! I'd love to see pictures of this.
I was stalking a NOS wool robe from the '50s made by an English company that I didn't know. I forgot about it and someone else grabbed it, but I'm on the lookout for a good (warm) robe to throw on in the mornings. Our heating is expensive and I hate being cold. I also hate waking up in the mornings, so I thought this may help out in the upcoming awful that we call winter. I hate winter. I hate snow. I hate ice. I hate cold.
Speaking of, if anyone has or finds a nice warm overcoat in like a 36, get at me. I have a hard time finding nice-fitting coats.post #47486 of 1387289/17/12 at 11:08pmQuote:i feel partly in this camp, in that i am trying to use the proceeds from sales + trades (still yet to make one) to support my tailoring wardrobe and to fill in odd holes. i wear scrubs to work every day and sw&d most days.Originally Posted by barrelntrigger
I have tremendous respect for all the guys who are willing to put in hard work to maximize their chances of finding grails. I, on the other hand, am largely doing it for the thrill of discovering treasure while not planning far ahead. That makes thrifting fun and not so much as a chore!
feel like people in my age group just don't wear suits/blazers (esp. not tradder/classic stuff)
in other news: picked up a comme de garcons blazer with some handwork (don't see much of that here at all) and a cdg shirt with wool chest and polyester back panels and sleeves. unsized ascot chang (learned in the thread a few pages ago to not buy based on name if fit is odd or nonstandard), paul smith suit in navy 38r
will post more deets/pics tomorrow for anyone interestedpost #47487 of 1387289/17/12 at 11:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Patrologia
Speaking of looking a bit dated, and perhaps even a bit loud (does that put me in GMMcL's hipster crowd? so be it...)
Finally some pics (story at end) of the Norman Hilton suit I mentioned the other day. Trad goodness, and I don't care that the thing has such a long rise your arm gets tired pulling up the zipper.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)So the reason I haven't been able to take any decent pics for a little while. We finally found the camera yesterday - apparently my daughter knew where it was all along. She had set it up as a security camera in the tree in our front yard Fortunately it only rained once (!) in that time, and it seems to have dried out nicely. I thought by 8 years old it was only boys doing stuff like that.
sold by ron burgandy.post #47488 of 1387289/17/12 at 11:47pmQuote:
That's not a particularly hard or expensive alteration, and your corner alterations shop would be able to do it. A better tailor would pay a little more attention and the seams would be finished better, but it probably wouldn't make much difference.Quote:
I have one in a jacket weight tweed (gray herringbone and nothing special) I picked up recently, 36S, that I haven't decided what to do with yet. It's a light overcoat, not a heavy one, and I was planning to use it for those transitional periods in fall and early spring, but if you're interested, let me know.post #47489 of 1387289/17/12 at 11:59pmpost #47490 of 1387289/18/12 at 12:04amQuote:Originally Posted by cptjeff
I have one in a jacket weight tweed (gray herringbone and nothing special) I picked up recently, 36S, that I haven't decided what to do with yet. It's a light overcoat, not a heavy one, and I was planning to use it for those transitional periods in fall and early spring, but if you're interested, let me know.
I would certainly imagine, I was just curious to see it as I've never seen a Loro Piana robe. I would guess that it would bring in a nice sum
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Double Breasted Style. 3 minutes ago
- › <Wanted> Ralph Lauren Shearing jacket or B-3 3 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 8 minutes ago
- › OFFERING SERVICE OF Bespoke Neapolitan 5-7-12 fold ties 9 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 13 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 17 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 18 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding