or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3116

post #46726 of 134424

Sorry Spoo, no pics this time around. If I find myself out there again soon, I'll see what I can do.

 

Can't afford a pair of Alden Kudu boots yet, so I snagged these To Boots in the meantime for $49. (who makes their Italian made stuff?).

 

Notice the laces are actually mismatched and aren't the actual laces that came with the boots, because they only came with 1 lace. Anyone know a good source for non-waxed round cotton olive/brown laces in 41 inch length? haha

post #46727 of 134424
If anybody's sitting on a very nice formal shirt in 16x36, I'm looking. I definitely want a turndown collar, and would love a bib or plain front, rather than pleats. But I'm open on the last.
post #46728 of 134424
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post


My suggestion would be not to attempt to do this. Even if you find the right fabric pants if they've been cleaned more / less times they won't look like they match. Just move on and hope the thrift river brings something else your way. 

All good. Rock this with some indigo jeans, white shirt, walnut shoes? Or some cords ?
post #46729 of 134424
Quote:
Originally Posted by troika View Post

First off,

Dis gon be our year (Click to show)

 

nod[1].gif

post #46730 of 134424

Thrift Fit

 

 

Jacket -- Lubiam Studio 1/2 canvassed jacket with dual vents (thrifted). I think the sleeves are about 1/2 in. to 1 in. too short. Needs some tailoring. The jacket feels a bit tight but I can still breath comfortably in it.

Jeans -- Lucky Brand (thrifted).

T Shirt -- The Locust limited edition band T with Alfredo Sauce (bought from a show, I think).

$30 Hair Cut. Was wearing some chucks.

post #46731 of 134424
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMProf View Post

How was it that my profession got tagged with this image oh so many years ago. Truthfully, I don't know anyone I work with who does the tweed and elbow patch look, though I do work with plenty of folks who dress awfully, in their own way.

Ehm, because I exist biggrin.gif
That would be my winter look, except I am on a nice sabbatical so this winter will sport my tweeds with jeans.
post #46732 of 134424

thrift fit rocky horror picture show edition

 

seems pretty normal right, thrifted blazer, thrifted bowtie, blah blah, pretty boring

 

but wait is that a mesh tank top he is wearing?!

 

 

Warning explicit content (Click to show)

YOUR DAMN RIGHT IT IS, THIS IS THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW YOU CAN'T GO IN THERE WEARING A BLAZER YOU NEED A MESH TANK TOP AND NIPPLE TASSLES

also as a random side note I won the dancing competition for all the virgins

post #46733 of 134424
sleeves look just a bit short on the jacket, shoulders seem decent though
post #46734 of 134424
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMProf View Post

How was it that my profession got tagged with this image oh so many years ago. Truthfully, I don't know anyone I work with who does the tweed and elbow patch look, though I do work with plenty of folks who dress awfully, in their own way.

It was shabby, casual attire back when coat and tie was expected, and academics, in my experience, love shabby and casual.

On a sidenote, my advisor really did dress like that. Tweed jackets that were a bit too large for him with chinos, and crappy rockportish shoes with holes in the rubber soles. Great guy, and I really enjoyed his classes.
post #46735 of 134424
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican View Post

If anybody's sitting on a very nice formal shirt in 16x36, I'm looking. I definitely want a turndown collar, and would love a bib or plain front, rather than pleats. But I'm open on the last.

 

Damn... If you didn't need those long sleeves I could help. I've still got a 15.75 x 34 Burberry tux shirt I haven't gotten around to listing

post #46736 of 134424
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

Thrift Fit

 

 

Jacket -- Lubiam Studio 1/2 canvassed jacket with dual vents (thrifted). I think the sleeves are about 1/2 in. to 1 in. too short. Needs some tailoring. The jacket feels a bit tight but I can still breath comfortably in it.

Jeans -- Lucky Brand (thrifted).

T Shirt -- The Locust limited edition band T with Alfredo Sauce (bought from a show, I think).

$30 Hair Cut. Was wearing some chucks.

 

No way to tell fit from that... Need to have it buttoned and not have your arm above your shoulder. 

post #46737 of 134424
my reading on philosophy professors is that they're poorly disguised perverts who wander the halls of post-secondary institutions rocking black turtlenecks and steely grey man ponytails.
post #46738 of 134424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

thrift fit rocky horror picture show edition

 

seems pretty normal right, thrifted blazer, thrifted bowtie, blah blah, pretty boring

 

but wait is that a mesh tank top he is wearing?!

 

 

Warning explicit content (Click to show)

YOUR DAMN RIGHT IT IS, THIS IS THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW YOU CAN'T GO IN THERE WEARING A BLAZER YOU NEED A MESH TANK TOP AND NIPPLE TASSLES

also as a random side note I won the dancing competition for all the virgins

No comment on the mesh/bow party but more and more I am very interested in the 1"+ too short sleeve and pant leg. However if either one is too tight it loses the class, in my opinion.

post #46739 of 134424
ian erickson, that second picture is a horrifying monstrosity.
post #46740 of 134424
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesWho View Post

No comment on the mesh/bow party but more and more I am very interested in the 1"+ too short sleeve and pant leg. However if either one is too tight it loses the class, in my opinion.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse's_ass View Post

ian erickson, that second picture is a horrifying monstrosity.
 

have none of ya'll been to the rocky horror picture show? I was the most clothed person there, people were walking around in ductape underwear, and you get to make out with random chicks it is awesome.

 

also yeah the sleeves are too short, I have not gotten around to taking them to the tailor yet but I promise you I will before I have to wear it to a serious function. as for the pants... as you can tell I wasn't really going for class...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread