or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3107

post #46591 of 113045

I am just not too sure what I am dealing with here. I'm used to finding dress shirts, but these are just strange to me. I was also not sure if the first one is too ugly even for Ebay.
 

post #46592 of 113045
Both should do alright. At least $20+ each. The stuff you need to worry about is mostly ties. The older, ugly 80's-90's trendy patterns made from the finest 100-grit silk.
post #46593 of 113045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post

Both should do alright. At least $20+ each. The stuff you need to worry about is mostly ties. The older, ugly 80's-90's trendy patterns made from the finest 100-grit silk.


Thanks for helping out a noob Nat!

post #46594 of 113045
No prob - good luck! Brioni stuff has the name going for it, a lot of people will jump on it just because it's Brioni and was sold for a very high retail price. Same with Kiton. I've seen hot pink Kiton blazers get $250+.
post #46595 of 113045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmorris View Post


Ebay, completed listings. (Sorry BP, you could've probably answered the same in a much more spectacular fashion.)

Tried that. Results are all over the place. Literally Zegna tuxes have gone for $100 and $1300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Depends on the Zegna line

Regular Ermenegildo Zegna, white letters on black label. Not Z Zegna or Napoli Coture or anything.
post #46596 of 113045
You'll definitely be able to get more than what you paid for it. How much more depends on how long you're willing to let it sit on the 'bay, what type of picture setup you have, etc.
post #46597 of 113045


PRL made in the US. Side vents, ticket pocket, surgeon's cuffs. Heavy wool, definitely a winter suit. Pants are forward pleat ( uhoh.gif ) and cuffed. But this thing is fkn baller. EazyE can vouch for its awesomeness.

Jacket:

P2P = ~17.5 inches
BOC = ~30 inches
Shoulders = ~19.5 inches
Sleeve = ~23.25 inches

Pants

Outseam = ~41 inches
Inseam = ~30.75 inches
Waist = ~34 inches
Cuffs = 1.25 inches

Available for trade for similar level items. More pics from my iPhone if someone wants them.
post #46598 of 113045

Nice finds, guys!  Cotton Dockers & Klobber - Amazing hauls! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif Eazy - that Lebowski sweater! drool.gif

 

School's kicked into high gear, so thrifting has been limited to once a week.  Only found this tonight.

 

PRL - not crazy quality, but nice detailing (side vents, ticket pocket, throat latch).  BTW, how many fall SCs in too many?

 

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrologia View Post

That Linen pinstripe is sweet. Probably enough to make me reconsider my no pinstripes rule. No hate for pinstripes, I just think there are limts to how far down the banker look path you can go and still teach humanities classes.
Speaking of which, my first thrift fit pic: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
A bit limited - I'm not set up to take full body shots for actual fit comments, let alone Dig style action shots. Just basic color combo recording here.
Nothing special:
Austin Reed Tweed
shirt - Nordstrom house brand
tie - no tags wool knit
square - no name, cream silk
photo-54.jpg
OK, on reviewing the preview, it looks like I just photoshopped out a region above my pocket. I swear, I am really wearing a square, and it is NOT white. The ipod must have chosen it for white balance.
Here's the crazy thing - my students liked my knit tie but (with a couple of exceptions) had never even heard of such a thing as a knit tie. Really, have we come to this?
 

Lookin' good, teach!  Every time that I wear a knit tie to school, one of my students will always say, "It looks like you have a sock around your neck!".

post #46599 of 113045
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor13 View Post

Nice finds, guys!  Cotton Dockers & Klobber - Amazing hauls! icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif Eazy - that Lebowski sweater! drool.gif

 

School's kicked into high gear, so thrifting has been limited to once a week.  Only found this tonight.

 

PRL - not crazy quality, but nice detailing (side vents, ticket pocket, throat latch).  BTW, how many fall SCs in too many?

 

 

 

Depends on how big your closet is lol8[1].gif

 

Nice sportcoat

post #46600 of 113045
Who's the one here who's into Polaroid land cameras?
I'm hitting a SA that I think is having one in its monthly auction. I can get you some details and I'm happy to proxy a bid.
PM if you want to discuss.
post #46601 of 113045
Quote:
Originally Posted by toscano_adottato View Post


PRL made in the US. Side vents, ticket pocket, surgeon's cuffs. Heavy wool, definitely a winter suit. Pants are forward pleat ( uhoh.gif ) and cuffed. But this thing is fkn baller. EazyE can vouch for its awesomeness.
Jacket:
P2P = ~17.5 inches
BOC = ~30 inches
Shoulders = ~19.5 inches
Sleeve = ~23.25 inches
Pants
Outseam = ~41 inches
Inseam = ~30.75 inches
Waist = ~34 inches
Cuffs = 1.25 inches
Available for trade for similar level items. More pics from my iPhone if someone wants them.

Either your PTP or your shoulder has to be off - the PTP indicates it is about a size 33? I think it would be in boy sizes at that point. The Shoulders are more like what you'd see on a 42 or larger.

If they are right, I think this suit has been heavily altered, and you will have trouble finding someone for it - even though it looks really nice.
post #46602 of 113045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrologia View Post

Either your PTP or your shoulder has to be off - the PTP indicates it is about a size 33? I think it would be in boy sizes at that point. The Shoulders are more like what you'd see on a 42 or larger.
If they are right, I think this suit has been heavily altered, and you will have trouble finding someone for it - even though it looks really nice.

Deja vu.

Didn't we have almost exactly this phenomenon with an incredibly similar suit a few hundred pages ago?

When I saw that pit size, I couldnt help think of Brianpore. Then I couldn't help think: Where the hell is that broseph?
post #46603 of 113045
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Deja vu.
Didn't we have almost exactly this phenomenon with an incredibly similar suit a few hundred pages ago?
When I saw that pit size, I couldnt help think of Brianpore. Then I couldn't help think: Where the hell is that broseph?

Could be, I zoned out for a month and when I came back decided not to catch up on the thousands of posts I'd missed. satisfied.gif
I sure would love to see the man that actually needed that combo!
post #46604 of 113045
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahk11 View Post

Anyone familiar with the label Brioni Sport? Obviously I'm familiar with Brioni, but I have never seen Brioni Sport before, and a quick google search didn't help me too much. I Found a pretty ugly sport shirt with that tag on it and was wondering if its even worth trying to sell, if not, I am only out $4. I can post pics later if needed. 

 

Recently, I've sold a Brioni Sport button front on ebay for around $26 plus made a few bucks off of shipping. I was a bit disappointed...

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Square: Handmade (by me) from a thrifted Vineyard Vines shirt that was uber monogrammed and I failed to notice
Tie: no-name wool blend knit, "thrifted" (you meant stolen? nest.gif) from a family member's closet. patch[1].gif
Shirt: Not thrifted. uhoh.gif
Trou: Vineyard Vines, thrifted by me
Shoes: AE Coppel, traded with a dude here.
DSC06168Photobucket

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Abed View Post

Knit (assuming silk) ties with stains on them are basically fucked right? Saw a sweet kelly green one at a store and decided against picking it up figuring it was done for.

 

Does The Method work on silk?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

 

Definitely get that dry cleaned if you buy it uhoh.gif

 

Ewwww, the thoughts his shaft and balls rubbing on it...*BARFfacepalm.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmorris View Post
Warning: lots more shit (Click to show)

 



 

 

 

I'm glad I'm not the only one here picking up ugly Karl Lagerfeld ties. lol

 

Bro, do you usually pick up Bookease?

post #46605 of 113045

 I Got shoes today

 

 

NIB Red Wing Waterproof Boots Model #411 10.5 EE

 

Not sure on these, Cheaney?

 

 

 

 

 Vintage Lloyd and Haig PTB V-Cleats 8.5 D

 

Hanover Sheppard Signature Longwings 8.5 C

 

Florsheim Imperial 5 Nail V Cleat 11 E

 

Alden PTB, with vibram soles 9 E/C

 

Alden Longwings, with vibram soles 9 E/C

 

Banana Republic Chukkas 9.5 D

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread