or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3105

post #46561 of 125345

Anyone familiar with the label Brioni Sport? Obviously I'm familiar with Brioni, but I have never seen Brioni Sport before, and a quick google search didn't help me too much. I Found a pretty ugly sport shirt with that tag on it and was wondering if its even worth trying to sell, if not, I am only out $4. I can post pics later if needed. 

post #46562 of 125345
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahk11 View Post

Anyone familiar with the label Brioni Sport? Obviously I'm familiar with Brioni, but I have never seen Brioni Sport before, and a quick google search didn't help me too much. I Found a pretty ugly sport shirt with that tag on it and was wondering if its even worth trying to sell, if not, I am only out $4. I can post pics later if needed. 

 

Yes, if its not the most hideous thing in the world you should make a profit on eBay.

post #46563 of 125345

Ill throw up a pic later and let SF be the judge. Its pretty bad.

post #46564 of 125345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrologia View Post

my first thrift fit pic:

I see your thrift fit and your knit tie and raise you. This outfit started very fall-y: sage green tie, navy cashmere SC, brownish paisley square, mid-brown trou. Then I realized: a) 78 degrees means nothing when it's 40000% humidity; and b) I'm in utter denial that it's no longer summer. Hence, this: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Blazer: Canali, traded with a dude here
Square: Handmade (by me) from a thrifted Vineyard Vines shirt that was uber monogrammed and I failed to notice
Tie: no-name wool blend knit, "thrifted" from a family member's closet. patch[1].gif
Shirt: Not thrifted. uhoh.gif
Trou: Vineyard Vines, thrifted by me
Shoes: AE Coppel, traded with a dude here.
DSC06168Photobucket
post #46565 of 125345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrologia View Post

Speaking of which, my first thrift fit pic: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
A bit limited - I'm not set up to take full body shots for actual fit comments, let alone Dig style action shots. Just basic color combo recording here.
Nothing special:
Austin Reed Tweed
shirt - Nordstrom house brand
tie - no tags wool knit
square - no name, cream silk
photo-54.jpg
OK, on reviewing the preview, it looks like I just photoshopped out a region above my pocket. I swear, I am really wearing a square, and it is NOT white. The ipod must have chosen it for white balance.
Here's the crazy thing - my students liked my knit tie but (with a couple of exceptions) had never even heard of such a thing as a knit tie. Really, have we come to this?

 

I think that looks great, TAFKA MikeH, a nice Fall (or pre-Fall) look. I love the versatility of the knit tie, especailly in this casual Fridays world we live in. Last time a wore a knit tie (a few weeks ago) some guy commented on how much he loved wearing those in the 80's. Whatever, I'll take it.

post #46566 of 125345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post

I think that looks great, TAFKA MikeH, a nice Fall (or pre-Fall) look. I love the versatility of the knit tie, especailly in this casual Fridays world we live in. Last time a wore a knit tie (a few weeks ago) some guy commented on how much he loved wearing those in the 80's. Whatever, I'll take it.

It's not like they're unstylish: Look at WAYWRN. They're pretty standard.
post #46567 of 125345

I had a co-worker comment that he'd never seen a knit tie before last winter, so I gave him one for Christmas.

post #46568 of 125345

Knit (assuming silk) ties with stains on them are basically fucked right? Saw a sweet kelly green one at a store and decided against picking it up figuring it was done for.

post #46569 of 125345
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHo View Post


+1. if you pass and it's a 38R, I'm listening...


Me too, and I have an Isaia suit that I could trade you...devil.gif

post #46570 of 125345
What say y'all about olive / army green knit ties. I've got one with a pointed end that I'm thinking I need to unleash. smile.gif
post #46571 of 125345
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

I see your thrift fit and your knit tie and raise you. This outfit started very fall-y: sage green tie, navy cashmere SC, brownish paisley square, mid-brown trou. Then I realized: a) 78 degrees means nothing when it's 40000% humidity; and b) I'm in utter denial that it's no longer summer. Hence, this: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Blazer: Canali, traded with a dude here
Square: Handmade (by me) from a thrifted Vineyard Vines shirt that was uber monogrammed and I failed to notice
Tie: no-name wool blend knit, "thrifted" from a family member's closet. patch[1].gif
Shirt: Not thrifted. uhoh.gif
Trou: Vineyard Vines, thrifted by me
Shoes: AE Coppel, traded with a dude here.
DSC06168Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post

I think that looks great, TAFKA MikeH, a nice Fall (or pre-Fall) look. I love the versatility of the knit tie, especailly in this casual Fridays world we live in. Last time a wore a knit tie (a few weeks ago) some guy commented on how much he loved wearing those in the 80's. Whatever, I'll take it.

Yeah, I grabbed the first half way tweedy day I could to bust it out. High today in beer town is only supposed to hit 73.

GMMcL, I love the trou - might have to go Nantucket Reds next week one day (not thrifted - bought them myself at Murrays). Students will almost certainly comment on that though! Very cool self made square. I should probably learn to do that.
post #46572 of 125345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Smith View Post

What say y'all about olive / army green knit ties. I've got one with a pointed end that I'm thinking I need to unleash. smile.gif

The one I had for today was on the border between olive and sage. So I say you can easily rock it with a nice tweed, flannel navy with a pattern shirt and many, many other combos.
post #46573 of 125345

For all you guys that like the eBay sellers who pose in what they're selling, wearing only that item and no shirt or pants, here's a new one for you.

post #46574 of 125345
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post

For all you guys that like the eBay sellers who pose in what they're selling, wearing only that item and no shirt or pants, here's a new one for you.

 

Plastic torsos be damned, THAT is how you make money

post #46575 of 125345
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post

For all you guys that like the eBay sellers who pose in what they're selling, wearing only that item and no shirt or pants, here's a new one for you.

 

Definitely get that dry cleaned if you buy it uhoh.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread