I'm going to try to catch up on everything, but I haven't made it through all of the posts yet. I am now in the US and I'm just starting to hit the thrifts. It's been a crazy week, so I wanted to let everyone know that I will catch up on PMs. All of my trades were shipped out on Tuesday after I arrived, except FaceofBoh (really sorry!), they're going out tomorrow.
First time going to thrift stores in the US and it's really overwhelming. I've realized a couple of things:
1. I see a lot of things pop up here and now that I'm seeing them for the first time (think American brands), I don't know whether you guys or anyone else would want them. I'm leaving most of it, but still cool to see.
2. My wife is more patient than I ever gave her credit.
3. Selection is huge which is incredibly fun. The amount of torn, stained and dated clothing is outstanding, which isn't so much fun.
4. I could probably come back 4 times a year just to check out the stores. Tons of stuff to be found.
5. I don't have a means of transferring photos from my camera onto my laptop at the moment. I left my iPad cable at the last hotel. I'm stuck transferring terrible photos from my phone. Apologies.
Anyway, here is some of the stuff I've picked up. I know that a lot isn't great and I took some gambles, but I'll be honest: the prices were too good to pass on it. Unless noted, it's available. I don't have exact measurements yet.
Sulka shirt, 16 1/2 33
Hilditch & Key, french cuffed US15 1/2, EU39
Allen Edmonds Stanford (?) black boots. Size 10D.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hickey Freeman Collection odd jacket, 50 XL, 51% wool 49% silk. I didn't think it was special and is likely older, but I thought some of the bigger guys might like it. Should I have left it?Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Corneliani jacket (possible orphan). Some texture, so I thought it could be worthwhile. EU 54Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thick wool US Naval shirt. Looks to be warm. Any ideas on a date? Unavailable.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Wool Pea Coat, assuming it's US Navy from 1963. It's absolutely the heaviest pea coat I've ever held. It's a 38, but too big for me. Surely someone wants/needs it.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Can someone fill me in on this? It's a US navy double breasted wool trench from 1945. I don't know the rank before the name, maybe someone here has an idea. It's missing the belt but looks to be in great condition and I thought it was really interesting. I would think this would be desirable, but am I wrong?Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I picked this up in Austria and it didn't work for my father. It's a Pringle sweater with the crest for the Killarney Golf & Fishing Club. Someone here can have it for cost and shipping. Great condition. Size Mish.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Non-thrift finds, but will be heading to eBay soon. Thought I'd show them off here first.
PRL chocolate cord blazer. Made somewhere. Size 38 I believe.
PRL made in Italy by Corneliani cord blazer with suede elbow patches. Size 40.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Finally, I found something interesting in the pocket of a jacket that was hanging on the rack. Needless to say, I left them.