Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 7:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 4/30/16 at 11:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3063post #45931 of 1387288/29/12 at 9:40ampost #45932 of 1387288/29/12 at 10:01ampost #45933 of 1387288/29/12 at 10:09ampost #45934 of 1387288/29/12 at 10:27ampost #45935 of 1387288/29/12 at 10:30ampost #45936 of 1387288/29/12 at 10:49ampost #45937 of 1387288/29/12 at 10:56amQuote:
"I'm wearing your grandpa's clothes ..."
I think that'll be more than adequate deterrent.post #45938 of 1387288/29/12 at 11:35ampost #45939 of 1387288/29/12 at 1:09pmpost #45940 of 1387288/29/12 at 1:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Evil Abed
Wow, they also have Krampus and Baphomet buttons among others. Who knew?
fkn win!post #45941 of 1387288/29/12 at 1:17pmpost #45942 of 1387288/29/12 at 1:35pmQuote:
When I lived in England with tough firearm laws, people still got shot dead. Mainly gang related bullshit, although to my knowledge armed invasion in the UK is rare so the only viable to excuse to own a firearm is hunting related. To get a firearm, you needed written permission from a land owner and a small game hunting related interest (i.e. rabbits / vermin and deer). I had a firearm license although ultimately went more towards the archery side of things. Many owned air rifles over there as well, I swear a head shot with one of them would certainly result in a serious injury / casualty, particularly when a 22gr pellet penetrates at least halfway into a block of two by four.
Over here in America there are way too many guns, banning them would be futile. They could do what they did in Australia by having people hand in their weapons, but here there is the 2nd amendment to deal with and people still like to believe we are a free country so that one would be tough for the Obama administration to get around.
What they could do is make getting new firearms tougher - i.e.
"why do you want a firearm"?
"I am gonna be hunting sir".
"Really, so you gonna shoot deer with a pistol then huh?"
"Errrrr..... Yeah....."post #45943 of 1387288/29/12 at 1:53pmpost #45944 of 1387288/29/12 at 2:05pmi always wonder if hardcore pro-gun dudes realize that their interests might not actually line up with the interests of the gun lobby. the gun lobby is there to serve and promote the interests of the gun manufacturing industry, not the interests of citizens (irrespective of their views on guns). or does every NRA member just blindly think "it would be best for the country if everyone kept buying more and more guns from the companies that sell, manufacture and import guns."
Edited by mexicutioner - 8/29/12 at 2:19pmpost #45945 of 1387288/29/12 at 3:14pmQuote:Great meeting you too. It's fun chatting with people who have the same affliction. The thrifting bug, that is.
I'm trying really hard to resist speculative buys until I clear out a bunch of what I already have waiting to be listed. The buying part is so much more fun—and easier.
I keep seeing tweeds that grab my interest, even if they aren't my size.
I was tempted to pick this one up. Does Hickey-Freeman do work for Gieves & Hawkes? It was only half-canvas, which helped me say "no". Unfortunately the pic is pretty crappy.
There was a jacket of E. Zegna fabric as well, but it was a striped orphan.
I guess I answered my own question. HF had a N. American license in the 80's, which didn't show up when I searched from my phone.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Currently, there are 1760 Active Users (354 Members and 1406 Guests)
- › Crownhill Shoes The Stewart, Dark Brown, UK10 20 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet - Sport Coats - Suit - Trousers - 40/34 & 33 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 6 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 6 minutes ago
- › Buday Oxblood Shell Cordovan Budapesters Short Wings ~11.5/12D 6 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 8 minutes ago
- › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. 9 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts