Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:57 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3063post #45931 of 1387288/29/12 at 9:40am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #45932 of 1387288/29/12 at 10:01ampost #45933 of 1387288/29/12 at 10:09ampost #45934 of 1387288/29/12 at 10:27ampost #45935 of 1387288/29/12 at 10:30ampost #45936 of 1387288/29/12 at 10:49ampost #45937 of 1387288/29/12 at 10:56amQuote:
"I'm wearing your grandpa's clothes ..."
I think that'll be more than adequate deterrent.post #45938 of 1387288/29/12 at 11:35ampost #45939 of 1387288/29/12 at 1:09pmpost #45940 of 1387288/29/12 at 1:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Evil Abed
Wow, they also have Krampus and Baphomet buttons among others. Who knew?
fkn win!post #45941 of 1387288/29/12 at 1:17pmpost #45942 of 1387288/29/12 at 1:35pmQuote:
When I lived in England with tough firearm laws, people still got shot dead. Mainly gang related bullshit, although to my knowledge armed invasion in the UK is rare so the only viable to excuse to own a firearm is hunting related. To get a firearm, you needed written permission from a land owner and a small game hunting related interest (i.e. rabbits / vermin and deer). I had a firearm license although ultimately went more towards the archery side of things. Many owned air rifles over there as well, I swear a head shot with one of them would certainly result in a serious injury / casualty, particularly when a 22gr pellet penetrates at least halfway into a block of two by four.
Over here in America there are way too many guns, banning them would be futile. They could do what they did in Australia by having people hand in their weapons, but here there is the 2nd amendment to deal with and people still like to believe we are a free country so that one would be tough for the Obama administration to get around.
What they could do is make getting new firearms tougher - i.e.
"why do you want a firearm"?
"I am gonna be hunting sir".
"Really, so you gonna shoot deer with a pistol then huh?"
"Errrrr..... Yeah....."post #45943 of 1387288/29/12 at 1:53pmpost #45944 of 1387288/29/12 at 2:05pmi always wonder if hardcore pro-gun dudes realize that their interests might not actually line up with the interests of the gun lobby. the gun lobby is there to serve and promote the interests of the gun manufacturing industry, not the interests of citizens (irrespective of their views on guns). or does every NRA member just blindly think "it would be best for the country if everyone kept buying more and more guns from the companies that sell, manufacture and import guns."
Edited by mexicutioner - 8/29/12 at 2:19pmpost #45945 of 1387288/29/12 at 3:14pmQuote:Great meeting you too. It's fun chatting with people who have the same affliction. The thrifting bug, that is.
I'm trying really hard to resist speculative buys until I clear out a bunch of what I already have waiting to be listed. The buying part is so much more fun—and easier.
I keep seeing tweeds that grab my interest, even if they aren't my size.
I was tempted to pick this one up. Does Hickey-Freeman do work for Gieves & Hawkes? It was only half-canvas, which helped me say "no". Unfortunately the pic is pretty crappy.
There was a jacket of E. Zegna fabric as well, but it was a striped orphan.
I guess I answered my own question. HF had a N. American license in the 80's, which didn't show up when I searched from my phone.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Currently, there are 1564 Active Users (384 Members and 1180 Guests)
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 46 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 49 seconds ago
- › OTR 3-Piece with a Lapelled Vest? 49 seconds ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The SW&D Music Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SCAM ALERT - Alden X J Gilbert Indy Shell Cordovan #8 in 7.5D 3 minutes ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 5 minutes ago
- › For Sale or Trade: Carmina Suede Chelsea Inca 7UK 6 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...