Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 8:43 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 1:57 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3063post #45931 of 1387288/29/12 at 9:40ampost #45932 of 1387288/29/12 at 10:01ampost #45933 of 1387288/29/12 at 10:09ampost #45934 of 1387288/29/12 at 10:27ampost #45935 of 1387288/29/12 at 10:30ampost #45936 of 1387288/29/12 at 10:49ampost #45937 of 1387288/29/12 at 10:56amQuote:
"I'm wearing your grandpa's clothes ..."
I think that'll be more than adequate deterrent.post #45938 of 1387288/29/12 at 11:35ampost #45939 of 1387288/29/12 at 1:09pmpost #45940 of 1387288/29/12 at 1:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Evil Abed
Wow, they also have Krampus and Baphomet buttons among others. Who knew?
fkn win!post #45941 of 1387288/29/12 at 1:17pmpost #45942 of 1387288/29/12 at 1:35pmQuote:
When I lived in England with tough firearm laws, people still got shot dead. Mainly gang related bullshit, although to my knowledge armed invasion in the UK is rare so the only viable to excuse to own a firearm is hunting related. To get a firearm, you needed written permission from a land owner and a small game hunting related interest (i.e. rabbits / vermin and deer). I had a firearm license although ultimately went more towards the archery side of things. Many owned air rifles over there as well, I swear a head shot with one of them would certainly result in a serious injury / casualty, particularly when a 22gr pellet penetrates at least halfway into a block of two by four.
Over here in America there are way too many guns, banning them would be futile. They could do what they did in Australia by having people hand in their weapons, but here there is the 2nd amendment to deal with and people still like to believe we are a free country so that one would be tough for the Obama administration to get around.
What they could do is make getting new firearms tougher - i.e.
"why do you want a firearm"?
"I am gonna be hunting sir".
"Really, so you gonna shoot deer with a pistol then huh?"
"Errrrr..... Yeah....."post #45943 of 1387288/29/12 at 1:53pmpost #45944 of 1387288/29/12 at 2:05pmi always wonder if hardcore pro-gun dudes realize that their interests might not actually line up with the interests of the gun lobby. the gun lobby is there to serve and promote the interests of the gun manufacturing industry, not the interests of citizens (irrespective of their views on guns). or does every NRA member just blindly think "it would be best for the country if everyone kept buying more and more guns from the companies that sell, manufacture and import guns."
Edited by mexicutioner - 8/29/12 at 2:19pmpost #45945 of 1387288/29/12 at 3:14pmQuote:Great meeting you too. It's fun chatting with people who have the same affliction. The thrifting bug, that is.
I'm trying really hard to resist speculative buys until I clear out a bunch of what I already have waiting to be listed. The buying part is so much more fun—and easier.
I keep seeing tweeds that grab my interest, even if they aren't my size.
I was tempted to pick this one up. Does Hickey-Freeman do work for Gieves & Hawkes? It was only half-canvas, which helped me say "no". Unfortunately the pic is pretty crappy.
There was a jacket of E. Zegna fabric as well, but it was a striped orphan.
I guess I answered my own question. HF had a N. American license in the 80's, which didn't show up when I searched from my phone.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Currently, there are 1254 Active Users (278 Members and 976 Guests)
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info 3 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 5 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones - Seymour Double Monk Handgrade 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway