or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3054

post #45796 of 118002

Every time I feel like I have a solid haul, I look back when taking photos and it's not really as epic as I thought. Oh well, I had a pretty good couple of days.

 

Some Shoes

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Unmarked suit, probably old, recognized the tag but not sure what it is 40R 34x29.75

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lubiam 1911 Suit 40R 34x30

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

pick stitching!

 

 

Canali Proposta 40-41R ; Probably wouldn't have picked this up but the texture and pattern is pretty cool

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NWT PRL Seersucker Pants 36x30 ;A little late but oh well

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Vintagish Coogi Sweater-WTF! Size L

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Canali Proposta Flat Front Pants 34x30.75

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Zanella Pants 34-35 x 29.5-30 (Double Pleat, Triple Pleat, Double Pleat, Triple Pleat)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hickey Freeman Jacket-Size Large

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mr. Tony Herringbone Pattern- Size 42L ish

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

E. Zegna-EU 56

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Paul Stuart? Herringbone SC

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Paul Stuart Orphan-Would have normally left but the colors are pretty unique

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Briggs&Riley Luggage

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tumi Laptop and Accessory Bag

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

For the ladies? Are these good ones? As I know nothing about ladies anything.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And some pretty decent ties...

Hermes, NWT Dior, RLPL, NWT Dolce and Gabbana

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Left some stuff due to lack of funds. Most of this is AVAILABLE if anyone is interested.

post #45797 of 118002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post


Nice! I think I know what store you found this at - they seem to get a ton of NWOT/NWT Kuhlman stuff, both new and older. Their tailored stuff is great. 5-6 years ago when they still had 2-3 outlets in the TC area, the tailored stuff could be picked up on deep discount and was an amazing deal. I liked the styling too. Sleek with great details, Really reminds me of Etro.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

 

^ Nataku - picked up that number at Unique in Burnsville. Yeah, actually had a convo with a Nordstrom sales rep about Kuhlman stores back in the day... sounds like it was a decent place. Now that you mention it, I can see Etro.

post #45798 of 118002
Quote:
Originally Posted by tben View Post

I know nothing about ladies
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I enjoy taking quotes out of context
post #45799 of 118002

...the only other stuff worth posting from today (aside from a pair of shoes, which I know nothing about and have questions, and will post separately).

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Nice Paul & Shark Yachting pull-over:

 

 

Zanella Italy linen w/ colorful flecks:

 

Robert Graham:

 

 

Armani sunglasses case, kinda donked around but leather / Italian so someone on the 'bay might want it:

 

Ted Lapidus overcoat, made in France:

 

 

Startown (a/k/a London Fog) vintage belted leather coat w/ zip-out lining...the bomb:

 

 

Burberrys' overcoat, made in England:

 

 

 

 

 

post #45800 of 118002

Nothing too amazing but I'm going to post them anyways.

 

Allen Edmonds Byron 11.5 C

 

Wool Ties

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

NWT PRL, Nordstrom

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Ralph RL (yeah yeah I know, but it looked cool)

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Kingsridge Custom Fabric Berry-Burk Co Richmond VA (?)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Cool buttons

Cool lining

 

 

Brooks Brothers 346 Linen/Cotton

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Way late to this party, but where I put my thrifted stuff

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Well, OK, a couple things were ebayed, kopped from sf thrift thread, or discount stores

 

 

 

 

 

 

Also left behind Canali orphan.  Didn't see high quality stuff today hence the mediocre haul.

post #45801 of 118002

I know jack about shoes.  Picked these up strictly on spec for flipping, from a place I found that has a 7-day return-for-credit policy...they're too beat for anyone on the 'bay to be interested, right?

 

Loake's.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #45802 of 118002
Quote:
Originally Posted by tben View Post

I know nothing about ladies
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to hide)
I enjoy taking quotes out of context
 
post #45803 of 118002
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post

I know jack about shoes.  Picked these up strictly on spec for flipping, from a place I found that has a 7-day return-for-credit policy...they're too beat for anyone on the 'bay to be interested, right?

Loake's.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)















Pop in some shoe trees, try to clean them up, and see how they look. You probably won't get that much, but you should probably be able to get something out of 'em, even if not a whole lot. Take my advice with a grain of salt though, I don't sell a whole lot of stuff on e-bay or here, I'm usually just looking at stuff as a buyer.
post #45804 of 118002
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyfud View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I enjoy taking quotes out of context

 

lol8[1].gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by workthatwedo View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Well, OK, a couple things were ebayed, kopped from sf thrift thread, or discount stores

 

 

 

 

 

Wow, impressed at how neat and clean your walk in is. Just curious, what do you use to keep the pests away? I'm terrified at the idea of pests invading my woolens. I use the freezer treatment on just about everything for about a week and then keep them sealed up in a zip up suit bag with bunch of ceder.

post #45805 of 118002
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post


Pop in some shoe trees, try to clean them up, and see how they look. You probably won't get that much, but you should probably be able to get something out of 'em, even if not a whole lot. Take my advice with a grain of salt though, I don't sell a whole lot of stuff on e-bay or here, I'm usually just looking at stuff as a buyer.

 

Thank you for the advice - will see how well they might shape up - I'm guessing not a whole lot, but perhaps a little better than as-is.

post #45806 of 118002
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post
Wow, impressed at how neat and clean your walk in is. Just curious, what do you use to keep the pests away? I'm terrified at the idea of pests invading my woolens. I use the freezer treatment on just about everything for about a week and then keep them sealed up in a zip up suit bag with bunch of ceder.

It is only that neat because I just moved and put everything away nicely.  As far as pests, when I am feeling smart, I will dry clean stuff before I put it in with the rest.  When I am feeling dumb, I will just throw stuff in the closet and hope for the best (and tell myself that moth holes look very academic).

post #45807 of 118002
Quote:
Originally Posted by tben View Post


NWT PRL Seersucker Pants 36x30 ;A little late but oh well
Interesting. Didn't someone have a PRL seersucker SC (orphan) a few pages back? It had working cuffs, so I remember thinking "I wonder if that's Made in Italy for Corneliani?" If these are also Corneliani, I wonder if they could be mated orphans.

A nice seersucker suit (i.e., flat front, double vent) is on my wish list.
post #45808 of 118002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

thrift fit, (sort of)

I have been wanting an extreme cutaway collar shirt but haven't come across one thrifting so I made one with another shirt I thrifted

this shirt previously was a slim fit arrow shirt with a HUGE 70s style button down collar but I fixed that...


if you can see from this spoiled picture I just folded the collar under and sewed the edge it took all of a couple minutes
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

need more info on how you did your homemade collar. looks nice! I'm a bit slow - not understanding "folder collar under and sewed the edge."
post #45809 of 118002
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Interesting. Didn't someone have a PRL seersucker SC (orphan) a few pages back? It had working cuffs, so I remember thinking "I wonder if that's Made in Italy for Corneliani?" If these are also Corneliani, I wonder if they could be mated orphans.
A nice seersucker suit (i.e., flat front, double vent) is on my wish list.

Unsolicited advice: If you can find an undarted jacket, that, IMO, is optimal for seersucker--no matter how careful the tailor, darts on seersucker never look good.

Not double vented, but I think of this as the ideal:

http://shop.oconnellsclothing.com/search.php?q=seersucker&search.x=11&search.y=8
post #45810 of 118002

i would not go double vented on a seersucker, but hey that's me

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread