I think the RL sweater looks legit. Most fake's are either the gaudy items or popular ones. I doubt people are clamoring for fake white cable knit sweaters.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3050post #45736 of 1387288/25/12 at 5:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #45737 of 1387288/25/12 at 6:49amQuote:Originally Posted by ATLnoob
Looks real to me. I flip a fair amount of Polo RL and have come across a couple fakes. Real will have the tags attached by the same color thread as the garment itself. If it has an embroidered horse & rider, it will be detailed and almost 3-dimensional (not flat which is how 99% of fakes look). Made in HK, even cashmere, is not a red flag for me. Not sure what you mean about the 2nd label not being separated - I see 3 labels there, and they will sometimes be attached under the main label, or off to the side between neck & shoulder. Looks fine by me.Quote:Quote:
+1 Good.post #45738 of 1387288/25/12 at 7:16amDecent day today. Took my brother out with me to show him some of the tricks of the trade. He must have been my lucky charm because today was a good day. All are available except for the BB linen shirt. It fits me perfectly and I've been looking for a linen shirt all summer. I swear, I saw more linen shirts today (6) then I ever have. Going back tomorrow to pick up a Sammy navy blazer. Side vented.
BB linen shirt.
VV tie. Surprisingly, this is one of the first VV ties I've found.
Bergdorf Goodman Tailored fit linen shirt. Large.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The highlight. My first! Grail find for me!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #45739 of 1387288/25/12 at 8:00ampost #45740 of 1387288/25/12 at 8:30ampost #45741 of 1387288/25/12 at 9:39ampost #45742 of 1387288/25/12 at 11:04ampost #45743 of 1387288/25/12 at 11:26amBrooks Bros clearance center report!
On my most recent trip to the BBCC in rural NC I was in communication with a few of you i-gents (hello Brianpore) to see if I could pick up some hard to find sizes of staple items (mostly OCBDs, the place was crammed full of them in the early part of the summer). Alas, that's the nature of going to a place like this, the stock had really turned over, and selection was much more poor this go around. However, if you wanted this particular striped shirt:
lordy, there were tons of them!
Still though, always a fun place to visit, because you look in the back corner and see this, and just wonder what those boxes hold.....
Nonetheless, I did pick up a few cool things like ties.....
...which can be found over on the B&S (see my signature).post #45744 of 1387288/25/12 at 11:58amQuote:
Alpaca - the super fiber. Cannot really tell from the low resolution of your photos any additional details.Quote:
Why would you think that it is not authentic? You may want to check out the sf cheap watch thread.post #45745 of 1387288/25/12 at 12:18pmAny Vintage Zegna experts?
Thrifted this today, without much inspection.
Is this real?
- Tags says Ermenegildo Zegna Paris but white tag says made in Italy?
- Old Zegna tag and has anyone ever seen the "E Z Paris" logo as per pic below?
- Waistband in pants is brand new
- Pants are flat front , if it was as old as tags indicates, wouldnt it have pleats?
- No tags in pants
- Lining in pants is strange for lack of a better word
- Tag in the collar that usually says where it was made was removed.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #45746 of 1387288/25/12 at 12:36pmpost #45747 of 1387288/25/12 at 12:58pmpost #45748 of 1387288/25/12 at 1:04pmpost #45749 of 1387288/25/12 at 1:27pmPry-ed myself out of bed this morning to hit a garage sale. One other woman was standing outside with me waiting. The house owner was out front (the sale was in the back alley where the garage was) on the porch. We waiting until opening time rolled around. Nothing. The women told me she had just come from a sale that never opened and there was quite the crowd of angry people outside. However we both thought something was amiss as there was just the two of us. We then walked around front to speak with the homeowner. He said there was a death in the family and they were going to the funeral today. The sale had been rescheduled. Everyone else seemed to have gotten the memo except this woman and I. Oh well. So up at 9am on a Saturday. Decide to hit some thrifts. Made the morning somewhat worth it.
- Alden split toes. 11 B. Gummy soles. Needs some serious leather conditioner (doing that now).
Trying my hand one more time with Gucci. If this flops, I give up. Real leather. Heavy brass piston lock closure. The only thing that makes me second guess is the inside Gucci label. The # on the back of it is crooked. The way the label is merely a "tab" looks so cheap. You'd think it'd be a leather patch sewn onto the lining. Spoo, please tell me this thing is real. If not, I can return it but will likely give up with all this highly-faked stuff.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #45750 of 1387288/25/12 at 1:28pmQuote:
Alpaca really is wonderful to wear. I have a cheap cardigan off e-bay, and even though it's low end, it's simply a wonderful feeling fiber. Really light, soft, and warm. Only trouble is that it's much fuzzier than a wool or cashmere would be, but that's just part of the look, though it may be mitigated with higher end alpaca yarns than the ones used in the sweater I have.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 seconds ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 52 seconds ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Junya Glencheck Boiled Patchwork Blazer 2 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 2 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...