I think you are mistaken on the second HF. Hickey Freeman Collection is the mainline stuff. Full canvas, etc.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 6:21 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/15/17 at 2:21pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3048post #45706 of 1387288/24/12 at 5:02pmpost #45707 of 1387288/24/12 at 5:17pmQuote:
I stopped in at an independent thrift today that I hadn't been to in months. It was like nothing had changed.post #45708 of 1387288/24/12 at 5:30pm
Ok bros, you have been wowing me with stuff lately. i won't have my last dallas haul in till a bit over a week from now... post something incredible so I can salivate.
PS/edit for the love of GOD someone please thrift some solid color ties of decent quality or better and get at me!post #45709 of 1387288/24/12 at 6:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by Evil Abed
So yesterday I was up signing the lease on my new place and decided to hit up a shop that's going to be walking distance to me as of next month (that's going to be trouble).
Hadn't seen this before, but figured it was good, and it is(street wear). Size small- I'm convinced it's kid sized but I guess it isn't.
Kid sized you say......?
Going to be killing it up in LA!!post #45710 of 1387288/24/12 at 6:24pm
okay pretty good day for me,
first up is a dolce and gabbana jacket that I know nothing about.... SPOO HELP!
and a theory button down I might keep, I am a hard to find size, 15, 34-35 so I am loth to sell something that fits me well
this recent burberry london button down that I am also on the fence about selling because it is also my size
ysl tie... SPOO can I get and id on this, is it real?Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
MY FIRST ZENGA!! i searched everywhere for the pants and couldn't find them :/Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
j crew pants for myself
didn't thrift these johnston and murphy's but got them on ebay for a steal...
NOW FOR THINGS I DID NOT PICK UP BUT WOULD LOVE TO PROXY/HAVE MY QUESTIONS ANSWERED ABOUT THEMWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
tiny patch pocket cord sport coat, 36-38R
patch pocket tweed same size
cool taped seams on it
^id on the label?
bb herringbone sport coat 44L
didn't pick this one up because although I know lora piana wool is good I was unsure of the styling/label
4 roll three button stance with ticket pocket size was somewhere around 38-40R
linen patch pocket blazer I have been looking for forever but in the wrong size :/
then this thing that I am intruiged and confused by, all corduroy outside with styling like a belstaff trailmaster, size M
crap this picture is blurry but it has a fur lining and a strange label that says made in turkey
a strange patch on it...
Edited by IRKSM - 8/24/12 at 6:44pmpost #45711 of 1387288/24/12 at 6:48pmI clumped around Valu Village today for about half an hour in some 12C Allen Edmonds Ashton-Orthotic Split-Toe Lace-Up Oxfords that were marked 10 bucks. I tried to convince myself that my size 10 feet didn't look like Bozo feet. The right heel on the Vibram sole was worn more than I felt comfortable wearing and the sides of the soles looked like scaly monster skin.
I left them. Some other guy who was eying them on me jumped on them. I like it when tough decisions are made for me. They were at least an inch too long for me. What was I thinking?
Also found a woman's Tissot watch for $15 but I couldn't verify that it worked. I need stronger reading glasses!post #45712 of 1387288/24/12 at 7:10pmIt was cold this morning: 9 degrees C (48 F for you Americans) so it was a great day for tweedy.
Thrift pic, all thrifted:
Blue herringbone HT - Eaton's (now-defunct Canadian national department store)
Izod tattersall button down
Charvet PS (form trade with Spoo)
Canvas pants - bought new at Top Man 2 years ago in London
And then this evening, for those of you who are hankering for some tweed:
Samuelsohn, green herringbone tweed, tagged 44L
Nice colours going on in here...
Deets (Click to show)post #45713 of 1387288/24/12 at 7:12pmpost #45714 of 1387288/24/12 at 7:24pm
So...any watch people here?
I'm looking to see what the woman's Tissot was that I was looking at. It looked a lot like this but it had a date indicator, oddly located at 6 o'clock instead of 3 o'clock.
Any clue? I think I'll go back for it in the morning.post #45715 of 1387288/24/12 at 7:30pmQuote:
Jacket and tie are real, but sort of meh in $ value. Jacket = 35-50 ebaybux tie maybe 16 ebaybux.post #45716 of 1387288/24/12 at 7:31pmpost #45717 of 1387288/24/12 at 7:43pm
AE Malverns (eBay)
Patchwork tweed cap - 7 1/4 (AVAILABLE)
HF brown w/ multicolor overcheck. Haven't measured it, but a little big for me, so around a 42R (AVAILABLE)
Burberrys' navy trench. Has the belt, but missing the zip-in liner. Tagged 44L. (AVAILABLE)
PRL down vest (NOT AVAILABLE)
Paul Stuart (NOT AVAILABLE)
Nordstrom by Jacob Siegel Made in Italy Charcoal Lambswool Overcoat w/ Loro Piana Storm System. Tagged 48R. Great condition, but ripped lining. (AVAILABLE)post #45718 of 1387288/24/12 at 7:47pm
^^^^ are you serious? I'm quite sure they're all real, because none of them are worth a shit, sorry bro. (referring to dubc, not bytor) To Dig, BUY THE TISSOT!! Tissot is a decent watch, and regardless of model etc. it is surely worth more than $15. As a matter of fact, ill give you $30 for it. :)post #45719 of 1387288/24/12 at 7:49pmQuote:
Anyway. Back in town and stores are still dry. Only picked up the following Filson flat front chinos which are available. 40”W x 30”I:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Passed on these AE Bradley’s which are 7.5D. They were a little hammered and will need new soles soon. Also, the prior owner probably did not use shoe trees. I can go back and get them for a certain member here :
A lot of passes. A slew of PRL blue label pants, a Paul Stuart orphan coat and a nice BB Makers orphan coat; no luck on the pants. Also, passed on a NWT recent burberry tie with the jousting guy throughout. They wanted $9 for it. Too much, IMHO. Also, passed some nice PRL ties that were not new, but they wanted too much for them as well.
Shout out to Atljon, who hooked me up with some sweet shell PTBs. They’re gonna work brah .post #45720 of 1387288/24/12 at 8:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jpmorris
^^^^ are you serious? I'm quite sure they're all real, because none of them are worth a shit, sorry bro. (referring to dubc, not bytor) To Dig, BUY THE TISSOT!! Tissot is a decent watch, and regardless of model etc. it is surely worth more than $15. As a matter of fact, ill give you $30 for it. :)
speaking of buying watches I still have that fake lady cartier, any takers? would make an excellent and cheap gift for a clueless wife/girlfriends
also to keep this post not a complete self promotion I bought this guess watch at goodwill for my mom today as a present, it needs a new battery and strap but it's the thought that counts right...
on a side note I am still confused about goodwills standard pricing, at one store in my area ties are $2.99 and at another they are $5.99?!
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 6 minutes ago
- › Best shirts in NYC? 8 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 13 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 16 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...