or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3031

post #45451 of 124319
And don't take that Hermes to the cleaners. It will be soundly destroyed.
post #45452 of 124319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post

And don't take that Hermes to the cleaners. It will be soundly destroyed.

 

What do you recommend?

post #45453 of 124319
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStormnMormon View Post

What do you recommend?

Everyone is going to say Tiecrafters. I've been meaning to send them a batch, but you need a minimum of four.
post #45454 of 124319

Todays grabs - a sick little Zanella shirt in XL, and something I haven't seen before, which I'll photograph and share separately.

 

There's a purple label tie that's lightly spotted at a shop I've been to a few times now, and honestly it haunts me. I've been considering buying it so that I can send it in to tiecrafters... We really should get some sort of group buy type of deal going where four of us put our ties together in one order so we can get it done.

post #45455 of 124319
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post


Everyone is going to say Tiecrafters. I've been meaning to send them a batch, but you need a minimum of four.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Abed View Post

Todays grabs - a sick little Zanella shirt in XL, and something I haven't seen before, which I'll photograph and share separately.

 

There's a purple label tie that's lightly spotted at a shop I've been to a few times now, and honestly it haunts me. I've been considering buying it so that I can send it in to tiecrafters... We really should get some sort of group buy type of deal going where four of us put our ties together in one order so we can get it done.


Gah... if I was allowed to freely use the internet while I'm on my mission, I'd gladly do it! I leave in 9 days for the next two years, hahaha. 


Anyone have a recommendation for me? I'm in Bloomington, MN.

 

Evil Abed - I almost picked up a pair of Zanella slacks. The pleating turned me away, though. What's the shirt look like? I'd love to see pictures!

post #45456 of 124319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post

DeadBoy, you are correct (although I have had a few pale ales as well). Awesome find, Grensons in near perfect condition - wow.

Picked up a few more hats today - MikeH (or the artist formerly known as Mike H), or any other hat experts, any thoughts on these (even the name of each style, fabric, etc.):

Bates Felt:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








Vintage Abercrombie & Fitch:


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




And I believe these two are real, but an authenticity check would be much appreciated:

Gucci:



Versace:


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





Gucci also has a separate embossed logo on the slimmer end of the blade that I forgot to photograph.

Overall, great finds recently guys! Keep up the good work.


I havent changed my name here yet, although i do expect to ask to. Here's what little I can say about those hats. Bates is a very well regarded shop, so I'm not sure whether that is made by them in the same way a Borsalino is made by Borsalino, but still, nice. I'm not sure what to call that felt though. I'd wear it as a casual hat, like a tweed, I guess. There are several finishes that leave longer nap on the hat, velour is the most common, but that isn't quite what this looks like. The word "marled" springs to mind?

The A&F just looks like a Fedora that has not been blocked or shaped. Once upon a time that was how they came from the manufacturer and they assumed either the buyer or the local hat shop would shape it the way the buyer wanted. Most hat shops now can't do that, at least not well.

For both of those, I'd say go to thefedoralounge.com to ask for more and better info. I am but an egg.

That Versace is a pretty tie. Did you ever get it authenticated? I've been reading sketchily all day.
post #45457 of 124319
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

A week with Frenchy thrifting must be awesome. Codeine and Louis Vuitton... icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
http://frenchyfoundit.blogspot.com/

Will be my new favorite site...LV golf bag...really! Effin ridiculous! drool.gif
post #45458 of 124319

Sup to all the thrift homies, started law school for real today. So far so good! Im self-imposing a ban until the siren song of the 'will becomes too great. On another note, the 2nd ~1/3 of my haul arrived. When I have time sometime this week Ill post the best of the lot. Im going to need some spootification on a shirt, hopefully a hermes shirt haha.

post #45459 of 124319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post


Will be my new favorite site...LV golf bag...really! Effin ridiculous! drool.gif

 

So, Frenchy can go golfing while he rocks his Boglioli SC AND is tripping on Codeine? Sweet.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmorris View Post

Sup to all the thrift homies, started law school for real today. So far so good! Im self-imposing a ban until the siren song of the 'will becomes too great. On another note, the 2nd ~1/3 of my haul arrived. When I have time sometime this week Ill post the best of the lot. Im going to need some spootification on a shirt, hopefully a hermes shirt haha.

Hermes shirt, you say? Is it white? wink.gif

post #45460 of 124319
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStormnMormon View Post

What do you recommend?

If it's just wrinkled, a light steam should get it in shape. If you don't have a steamer, hang it in the bathroom when you shower.
post #45461 of 124319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmorris View Post

Sup to all the thrift homies, started law school for real today. So far so good! Im self-imposing a ban until the siren song of the 'will becomes too great. On another note, the 2nd ~1/3 of my haul arrived. When I have time sometime this week Ill post the best of the lot. Im going to need some spootification on a shirt, hopefully a hermes shirt haha.

So....fucking....stoked.....
post #45462 of 124319
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeH View Post

I havent changed my name here yet, although i do expect to ask to. Here's what little I can say about those hats. Bates is a very well regarded shop, so I'm not sure whether that is made by them in the same way a Borsalino is made by Borsalino, but still, nice. I'm not sure what to call that felt though. I'd wear it as a casual hat, like a tweed, I guess. There are several finishes that leave longer nap on the hat, velour is the most common, but that isn't quite what this looks like. The word "marled" springs to mind?
The A&F just looks like a Fedora that has not been blocked or shaped. Once upon a time that was how they came from the manufacturer and they assumed either the buyer or the local hat shop would shape it the way the buyer wanted. Most hat shops now can't do that, at least not well.
For both of those, I'd say go to thefedoralounge.com to ask for more and better info. I am but an egg.
That Versace is a pretty tie. Did you ever get it authenticated? I've been reading sketchily all day.

Thanks for the info, Mike. Really appreciate it.

Yes, Spoo gave his approval on the ties - thanks as always.

Found my first bit of Tom Ford tonight. Just a shirt, but pics to come tomorrow.
post #45463 of 124319

Got these jammers in the mail from a trade with user Nell.  Really incredible frames...now I just need to make an eye appointment.

 

 

 

 

post #45464 of 124319
What's with all this Tom Ford?
post #45465 of 124319
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkThomas View Post

Picked this up today.

 

Made in Italy Jacob Siegel lambswool, cashmere topcoat, size 46 (XL). Looks to be some mud splash near the bottom. I'm gonna have it dry cleaned. Available.

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is what I'm looking for (not this brand/material, but this kind of model, generally) but smaller. Shoulders maximum 18 3/4 (ideally 17") and length from bottom of collar no greater than 39". Someone sell me something like that!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread