Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 2:49 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 7/26/16 at 5:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3026post #45376 of 1387288/19/12 at 3:22pmpost #45377 of 1387288/19/12 at 3:28pmI picked up this Despos the other day because I had seen them mentioned here a couple times. tagged 43R. great fabric. Available. Ill have measurements up later tonight and maybe a few more available SC I've picked up recently.post #45378 of 1387288/19/12 at 4:09pm
Did reasonably well this week.
Allen Edmonds woodstock size 10 1/2 B. Too small for me but i thought someone here might be interested.
Don't know much about Panelli but decided to take a chance because they fit. I have been wearing them all week so far.
Canali Milano shirt size 17/43. Not sure where Milano fits in the Canali hierarchy but it is a real nice shirt and has MOP buttons. Too big for me so if anyone is interested just let me know.post #45379 of 1387288/19/12 at 4:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by bytor13
Yesterday was easily the best day for thrifting I've had in the last month.
Oxxford tie - Made in England (by Drakes, right?)
BBGF LP Super 120's charcoal suit
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)No-Name cord jacket. I just really like the details, and it fit me.
Zegna khaki chinos 36x37
PRL "Made in Italy" 30x27 pants, double pleated, cuffed. Corneliani? Man, I wish these fit!
BB "Made in England" navy duffle coat, 2XL
PRL "Made in Italy" tweed 41L. No tags, any idea on the maker?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Armpit to Armpit - 21.5 in.
. . . . . . .
Jacket Waist - 20 in.
. . . . . . .
Sleeves (shoulder seam to end of cuff) - 26.75 in. (0 in. to let out)
. . . . . . .
Shoulders (seam to seam across the back) - 19 in.
. . . . . . .
Length (from bottom of collar to bottom of coat) - 33 in.
Burberry London SC (44R) and Suit (46R)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That BB duffel is a stupendous find. I'm guessing Gloverall.post #45380 of 1387288/19/12 at 4:49pmpost #45381 of 1387288/19/12 at 5:05pmpost #45382 of 1387288/19/12 at 5:07pmQuote:
I believe those are both Corneliani.post #45383 of 1387288/19/12 at 5:09pmQuote:
For the price I paid, the duffle is definitely the best bargain. I was thinking Gloverall as well. Anyway to know for sure? My biggest problem is the size. I'm wondering if the size will limit its market.
Spoo - The BBGF fits me nearly perfectly OTR, so I'll be keeping. The sleeves are to short for you, anyhow.
That's what I was thinking, but only because I haven't heard of any other options.post #45384 of 1387288/19/12 at 5:54pmQuote:
You know who these would fitQuote:Originally Posted by tbenQuote:Originally Posted by Tweets
Rough day, hit 2 GW's and came home with a Banana Rep cashmere v neck sweater and an express shirt I liked.
Hickey Freeman Bespoke Suit, couldn't find pants
Donna Karan Signature suit, couldn't find pants
3 or 4 HSM, found pants on 1, but it was older, didn't fit and wasn't worth flipping
Dior tie, stained
Dior blazer, stained and stitching coming out on shoulder
Canali, Ted Baker, Flusser and a couple other shirts that weren't my size and I was too lazy to flip
Tommy Bahama pants, my size, I guess I put them back, I got home and didn't have them and they weren't on my receipt
Whatever, try again another day.
I am sure he is talking about Dior Homme......
I would hope so, but usually people with 3 total posts don't find to Dior Homme things in one trip.... how many good Dior things do we see posted here??? Like none.post #45385 of 1387288/19/12 at 5:57pmpost #45386 of 1387288/19/12 at 6:14pmpost #45387 of 1387288/19/12 at 6:39pm
There was actually a Dior Homme suit at my Marshalls the other day. I almost shit my pants and then I looked and the price tag was a smooth 1,000. Next to it was a Brioni Sportcoat and they wanted 1299 for that one.
I have been extremely busy as I was studying for MPRE and trying to squeeze vacation relaxing time before the start of school again, but I will post a few things I found in the short time I spent thrifting later when more time.
Also, I was absent during the age game and migration. I was surprised at the young ages. I am only 24 and thought I was on the young end of things here.post #45388 of 1387288/19/12 at 6:46pmpost #45389 of 1387288/19/12 at 6:59pmpost #45390 of 1387288/19/12 at 7:22pmQuote:
That's "RL signature" (not an offical name, but what I've seen it called on the internet).
It is not a precursor to Purple Label.
Purple Label has been around since the early 90s, most of that RLsig stuff i from the early 00s IIRC.
If anything it's an off shoot of polo, you can fins PRL buttons an stuff on the RLsig pants for example.
It's really good stuff, but not equal to purple label in quality, more like the current Caruso PRL stuff.
That said, it's one of the best RL lines to buy secondhand because the styling is so conservative.
For example as far as jackets go:
-the older, made in USA PRL is well-made but really dated (close button stance, low buton point, wide lapels, big shoulders)
-some of the newer PRL runs short with high button points and skinny lapels.
The other thing to keep in mind is that most of those Chester Barrie RLPL have a VERY severe cut, with very wide shoulders.
I got a great deal on a CB RLPL suit, it was a tagged 36 or 38 (I've forgotten) with shoulders over 19.5" across.
Ended up selling it again after trying it on and seeing how crazy it looked.
I had it on ebay for months and had to field daily questions asking if I'd messed up the measurements.
There's a reason some of that RLPL is so cheap, very well made, but dated.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 12 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 16 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 21 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 22 minutes ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 23 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding