Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:54 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 11/28/15 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 11/2/15 at 2:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Last edited: Today
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3004
Styleforum Top Picks
the point of bragging to a forum of a few members sucks imho, they'll all be back when they cant get that string of posts that heap praise and evoke jealousy from lots of members, like dm7 (whos super sensitive) just hope stellar posters like nataku and klobber stay.
You clearly have a very poor grasp of the majority of posters within this thread.
I hear you, since I lurked for a long time before posting. But the fact is, I stopped posting a majority of my finds a long time ago. It gets to be pretty time consuming, and even stressful, when you receive an influx of pm's every time you post your best finds. I've had people send a string of pm's requesting measurements and pictures, then just stop responding all together when they decide they aren't interested. Most of those people only have a few posts, but I try to be nice and respond to pm's anyways. In a nutshell, it has become difficult to post here just to brag.
Nevertheless, as others have said, people will likely continue posting here including myself.
Maybe it's just because I rarely find items worth being hounded for, but I kind of like that surge of attention when I find something truly epic and my inbox fills up with messages inquiring on size and availability. As someone new to this it makes me feel like I'm doing it right. Of course, if I was bringing home a dozen suits and shell cordovan shoes everyday (as it seems capnwes does - what is your secret???) then I could see how it might get tiring.
Hi guys, I'm still new and was wondering if someone could authenticate these for me. I have a feeling both are fake but it was my first time seeing them in the wild so I took a chance on them. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They both look real to me.
I'm going to disagree with the verdict on the Hermes - there seems to be an awful lot of space between the R and the M, or am I seeing things? Quick look on Google Images and I didn't see anything similar, but what do I know, the only Hermes tie I've ever seen in the wild was so boring (diagonal stripes) that I concluded it had to be a fake. All the others I've ever seen have been here on SF.
+1, Hermes looks fake to me. here is an H pattern one I picked up & sold a few months back (authenticated by Spoo (if I recall) & several others here ) , tag on the one above looks way off..
edit: should have added.."but I'm no expert"..in there somewhere..could always be wrong.....
Not very familiar w/ Gucci.....
I will be hanging around Styleforum for the forseeable future, but my post counts are on a steady decline and that is purely a reflection that I have other activities distracting me at the moment.
I have stayed quiet on the Frenchy front - I did not know the fellow very well and had little time to form a feeling of dislike or friendship towards him. He certainly appeared to be quite the character, although whether this was really him or an alter ego behind the sanctuary of a keyboard I do not know.
I did not catch his so called comments deriding anything Jewish, so cannot give an opinion on what was written. With people nowadays joining the PC brigade, I would imagine that what he wrote was blown out of proportion. Enlighten me please what was written by Frenchy / Valium that caused this furor so I can understand more where this ban came from (i.e. deserved ban due to unjust bullying / harassment or undeserved due to him just pissing off some thin skinned bigwigs around here).
From the moderator perspective, there is no such thing as an all inclusive policy invoking the totality of free speech. This site could theoretically be shut down if certain topics come up - all it would take are one or two pro-terrorist supporters here to throw Styleforum in chaos and subject to FBI investigation. Same would happen if certain members came out pro-pedophilia in the name of free speech. Free speech is conditioned I presume on the laws of the land, and if racism or racist activity are deemed a serious violation of human rights, then so called free speech in support of this activity would surely be deemed subject to moderation and ban worthy.
Attorneys / lawyer members here, please enlighten me if I am way off base
I think you are correct. There are no spokes on the wheels of the one in question, and no accent mark above the second E. I am changing my vote to fake too.
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- › Can Anyone Identify the Maker of these Norvegese Shoes for Gruppo... 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 9 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 9 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories