Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 7:45 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 8/20/16 at 4:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on Today at 8:15 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3004post #45046 of 1387288/15/12 at 9:13amthe point of bragging to a forum of a few members sucks imho, they'll all be back when they cant get that string of posts that heap praise and evoke jealousy from lots of members, like dm7 (whos super sensitive) just hope stellar posters like nataku and klobber stay.post #45047 of 1387288/15/12 at 9:15amQuote:Originally Posted by eddievddr10
the point of bragging to a forum of a few members sucks imho, they'll all be back when they cant get that string of posts that heap praise and evoke jealousy from lots of members, like dm7 (whos super sensitive) just hope stellar posters like nataku and klobber stay.
You clearly have a very poor grasp of the majority of posters within this thread.post #45048 of 1387288/15/12 at 9:47ampost #45049 of 1387288/15/12 at 9:59amQuote:Originally Posted by goneAWOL
I hear you, since I lurked for a long time before posting. But the fact is, I stopped posting a majority of my finds a long time ago. It gets to be pretty time consuming, and even stressful, when you receive an influx of pm's every time you post your best finds. I've had people send a string of pm's requesting measurements and pictures, then just stop responding all together when they decide they aren't interested. Most of those people only have a few posts, but I try to be nice and respond to pm's anyways. In a nutshell, it has become difficult to post here just to brag.
Nevertheless, as others have said, people will likely continue posting here including myself.
Maybe it's just because I rarely find items worth being hounded for, but I kind of like that surge of attention when I find something truly epic and my inbox fills up with messages inquiring on size and availability. As someone new to this it makes me feel like I'm doing it right. Of course, if I was bringing home a dozen suits and shell cordovan shoes everyday (as it seems capnwes does - what is your secret???) then I could see how it might get tiring.post #45050 of 1387288/15/12 at 10:41ampost #45051 of 1387288/15/12 at 11:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Anth
Hi guys, I'm still new and was wondering if someone could authenticate these for me. I have a feeling both are fake but it was my first time seeing them in the wild so I took a chance on them. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They both look real to me.post #45052 of 1387288/15/12 at 11:03ampost #45053 of 1387288/15/12 at 11:05ampost #45054 of 1387288/15/12 at 11:15amOops, looks like 330CK posted the same while I was stuck in server upgrade mode.
I'm going to disagree with the verdict on the Hermes - there seems to be an awful lot of space between the R and the M, or am I seeing things? Quick look on Google Images and I didn't see anything similar, but what do I know, the only Hermes tie I've ever seen in the wild was so boring (diagonal stripes) that I concluded it had to be a fake. All the others I've ever seen have been here on SF.post #45055 of 1387288/15/12 at 11:19ampost #45056 of 1387288/15/12 at 11:22am
+1, Hermes looks fake to me. here is an H pattern one I picked up & sold a few months back (authenticated by Spoo (if I recall) & several others here ) , tag on the one above looks way off..
edit: should have added.."but I'm no expert"..in there somewhere..could always be wrong.....
Not very familiar w/ Gucci.....post #45057 of 1387288/15/12 at 11:22amI would not be one to underestimate the power of a sub forum where members have buddied up (particularly through the PM system here or in personal chats via email / Skype, beers at local pub etc). That throws a different spill on the post to brag.
I will be hanging around Styleforum for the forseeable future, but my post counts are on a steady decline and that is purely a reflection that I have other activities distracting me at the moment.
I have stayed quiet on the Frenchy front - I did not know the fellow very well and had little time to form a feeling of dislike or friendship towards him. He certainly appeared to be quite the character, although whether this was really him or an alter ego behind the sanctuary of a keyboard I do not know.
I did not catch his so called comments deriding anything Jewish, so cannot give an opinion on what was written. With people nowadays joining the PC brigade, I would imagine that what he wrote was blown out of proportion. Enlighten me please what was written by Frenchy / Valium that caused this furor so I can understand more where this ban came from (i.e. deserved ban due to unjust bullying / harassment or undeserved due to him just pissing off some thin skinned bigwigs around here).
From the moderator perspective, there is no such thing as an all inclusive policy invoking the totality of free speech. This site could theoretically be shut down if certain topics come up - all it would take are one or two pro-terrorist supporters here to throw Styleforum in chaos and subject to FBI investigation. Same would happen if certain members came out pro-pedophilia in the name of free speech. Free speech is conditioned I presume on the laws of the land, and if racism or racist activity are deemed a serious violation of human rights, then so called free speech in support of this activity would surely be deemed subject to moderation and ban worthy.
Attorneys / lawyer members here, please enlighten me if I am way off basepost #45058 of 1387288/15/12 at 11:23ampost #45059 of 1387288/15/12 at 11:24amQuote:
I think you are correct. There are no spokes on the wheels of the one in question, and no accent mark above the second E. I am changing my vote to fake too.post #45060 of 1387288/15/12 at 11:30am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › London Shirtmakers 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 14 minutes ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 15 minutes ago
- › 2 DAYS ONLY : NWT Ring Jacket, Man 1924, Nigel Cabourn, Chester... 16 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 17 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 19 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 21 minutes ago
- › Which colour do you think looks best? 32 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding