Just picked em up with you in mind.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 6:21 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/15/17 at 2:21pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2975post #44611 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:04ampost #44612 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:07ampost #44613 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:12amSo, this is very much of the "discount", as opposed to "thrift" category but I thought it was notable:
at Century 21 grabbed a Brooks Brothers 1818 Fitzgerald in grey, from the full-canvassed, Golden Fleece line ("made in the USA", so this was done by Southwick, I believe). Vitale Barberis Canonico wool. No flaws.
$1600 down to $499.post #44614 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:13amMy wife dropped the camera and it is now out of commission, so I'm using an older camera that I forgot how to use. Anyway, a few things for me today...
A couple of wool ties for another member...
Wool/silk scarf for myself (?). I need to add this to my list of things to leave behind. I have far too many wool and/or silk scarves, as does my wife.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ludwig Reiter shoes. They appear black, but they're as dark of a brown as you can get before you cross over to black. Terrible photo.
This one is for me. It's a local defunct ceramik company and I like a lot of their vases. I have a small collection and I like to add to it.
I took a chance on this wallet. I liked that it said made in France, but the company doesn't produce Hermés-priced goods. Most of the wallets I saw on their site were in the €100-300 range. Still, when we go on vacation I usually have a lot of cash, so I'll make due with this one until I find something better.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Finally, a D&G polo. Nothing special, going to eBay, but can anyone confirm it's legit? I found the same shirt online, but the hologram is missing, so I questioned it a bit. Tags in the spoiler.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #44615 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:15ampost #44616 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:21ampost #44617 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:27ampost #44618 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:29ampost #44619 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:30ampost #44620 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:41ampost #44621 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:43ampost #44622 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:48amQuote:
I keep hearing that app thrown around but I've never looked into it. I'll take a look at it to find out exactly what it does.
On a completely unrelated note, Austria will officially not earn a medal in the Olympics. It's the worst performance by Austria in around 50 years.post #44623 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:54am
Some ties I picked up on my last few trips. If any questions of the authenticity please let me know as these are my firsts of each designer.
From L to R: John Varvatos; RRL; Canali; Canali
Some other stuff (unavailble):
Tie carousel with compartment for accessories and blank name-plate
Surcingle belt. I'm unfamiliar with the maker, any info appreciated. And these are flags representing what exactly? Boating clubs?
Old Benrus military watch, my new favorite. Needs new strap but works fine.
Edited by elev8rz - 8/9/12 at 12:22pmpost #44624 of 1387288/9/12 at 12:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by ATLjon
Like a lot of you on this thread, I have a ton of stuff to move. This weekend is ebay weekend, I think. And I'll probably return that RLBL tie just to make my workload a bit less.
And yet I still pick things up:
a pretty good size, too (Click to show)
is this a full suit or just a coat?post #44625 of 1387288/9/12 at 12:20pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 28 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 29 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 34 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 41 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 57 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...