Just picked em up with you in mind.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 6:29 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 7/18/16 at 7:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2975post #44611 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:04ampost #44612 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:07ampost #44613 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:12amSo, this is very much of the "discount", as opposed to "thrift" category but I thought it was notable:
at Century 21 grabbed a Brooks Brothers 1818 Fitzgerald in grey, from the full-canvassed, Golden Fleece line ("made in the USA", so this was done by Southwick, I believe). Vitale Barberis Canonico wool. No flaws.
$1600 down to $499.post #44614 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:13amMy wife dropped the camera and it is now out of commission, so I'm using an older camera that I forgot how to use. Anyway, a few things for me today...
A couple of wool ties for another member...
Wool/silk scarf for myself (?). I need to add this to my list of things to leave behind. I have far too many wool and/or silk scarves, as does my wife.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ludwig Reiter shoes. They appear black, but they're as dark of a brown as you can get before you cross over to black. Terrible photo.
This one is for me. It's a local defunct ceramik company and I like a lot of their vases. I have a small collection and I like to add to it.
I took a chance on this wallet. I liked that it said made in France, but the company doesn't produce Hermés-priced goods. Most of the wallets I saw on their site were in the €100-300 range. Still, when we go on vacation I usually have a lot of cash, so I'll make due with this one until I find something better.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Finally, a D&G polo. Nothing special, going to eBay, but can anyone confirm it's legit? I found the same shirt online, but the hologram is missing, so I questioned it a bit. Tags in the spoiler.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #44615 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:15ampost #44616 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:21ampost #44617 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:27ampost #44618 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:29ampost #44619 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:30ampost #44620 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:41ampost #44621 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:43ampost #44622 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:48amQuote:
I keep hearing that app thrown around but I've never looked into it. I'll take a look at it to find out exactly what it does.
On a completely unrelated note, Austria will officially not earn a medal in the Olympics. It's the worst performance by Austria in around 50 years.post #44623 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:54am
Some ties I picked up on my last few trips. If any questions of the authenticity please let me know as these are my firsts of each designer.
From L to R: John Varvatos; RRL; Canali; Canali
Some other stuff (unavailble):
Tie carousel with compartment for accessories and blank name-plate
Surcingle belt. I'm unfamiliar with the maker, any info appreciated. And these are flags representing what exactly? Boating clubs?
Old Benrus military watch, my new favorite. Needs new strap but works fine.
Edited by elev8rz - 8/9/12 at 12:22pmpost #44624 of 1387288/9/12 at 12:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by ATLjon
Like a lot of you on this thread, I have a ton of stuff to move. This weekend is ebay weekend, I think. And I'll probably return that RLBL tie just to make my workload a bit less.
And yet I still pick things up:
a pretty good size, too (Click to show)
is this a full suit or just a coat?post #44625 of 1387288/9/12 at 12:20pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 49 seconds ago
- › F/W ties: Bespoke Cappelli Challis and Drake's Grenadine 50 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 9 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE - JULY 29, 2016 - LOCAL CHALLENGE 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding