Just picked em up with you in mind.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2975post #44611 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:04am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #44612 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:07ampost #44613 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:12amSo, this is very much of the "discount", as opposed to "thrift" category but I thought it was notable:
at Century 21 grabbed a Brooks Brothers 1818 Fitzgerald in grey, from the full-canvassed, Golden Fleece line ("made in the USA", so this was done by Southwick, I believe). Vitale Barberis Canonico wool. No flaws.
$1600 down to $499.post #44614 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:13amMy wife dropped the camera and it is now out of commission, so I'm using an older camera that I forgot how to use. Anyway, a few things for me today...
A couple of wool ties for another member...
Wool/silk scarf for myself (?). I need to add this to my list of things to leave behind. I have far too many wool and/or silk scarves, as does my wife.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ludwig Reiter shoes. They appear black, but they're as dark of a brown as you can get before you cross over to black. Terrible photo.
This one is for me. It's a local defunct ceramik company and I like a lot of their vases. I have a small collection and I like to add to it.
I took a chance on this wallet. I liked that it said made in France, but the company doesn't produce Hermés-priced goods. Most of the wallets I saw on their site were in the €100-300 range. Still, when we go on vacation I usually have a lot of cash, so I'll make due with this one until I find something better.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Finally, a D&G polo. Nothing special, going to eBay, but can anyone confirm it's legit? I found the same shirt online, but the hologram is missing, so I questioned it a bit. Tags in the spoiler.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #44615 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:15ampost #44616 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:21ampost #44617 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:27ampost #44618 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:29ampost #44619 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:30ampost #44620 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:41ampost #44621 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:43ampost #44622 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:48amQuote:
I keep hearing that app thrown around but I've never looked into it. I'll take a look at it to find out exactly what it does.
On a completely unrelated note, Austria will officially not earn a medal in the Olympics. It's the worst performance by Austria in around 50 years.post #44623 of 1387288/9/12 at 11:54am
Some ties I picked up on my last few trips. If any questions of the authenticity please let me know as these are my firsts of each designer.
From L to R: John Varvatos; RRL; Canali; Canali
Some other stuff (unavailble):
Tie carousel with compartment for accessories and blank name-plate
Surcingle belt. I'm unfamiliar with the maker, any info appreciated. And these are flags representing what exactly? Boating clubs?
Old Benrus military watch, my new favorite. Needs new strap but works fine.
Edited by elev8rz - 8/9/12 at 12:22pmpost #44624 of 1387288/9/12 at 12:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by ATLjon
Like a lot of you on this thread, I have a ton of stuff to move. This weekend is ebay weekend, I think. And I'll probably return that RLBL tie just to make my workload a bit less.
And yet I still pick things up:
a pretty good size, too (Click to show)
is this a full suit or just a coat?
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 33 seconds ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 7 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 10 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?