Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 7:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 4/30/16 at 11:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2969post #44521 of 1387288/8/12 at 3:03pmpost #44522 of 1387288/8/12 at 3:12pmpost #44523 of 1387288/8/12 at 3:21pmQuote:
Wow, those are one of the more awesome finds I've seen in the thread!
Wish I had a use for them....post #44524 of 1387288/8/12 at 3:22pmpost #44525 of 1387288/8/12 at 3:24pmpost #44526 of 1387288/8/12 at 3:44pm
I passed on a pair of Dacks made in Canada burgundy kangaroo skin oxfords today, size 13 (just a bit too big). Should I go back to pick those up?
I often find Dacks made from less common leathers (antelope, bison to name a couple), although nothing too crazy... yet.post #44527 of 1387288/8/12 at 3:53pmpost #44528 of 1387288/8/12 at 3:54pmpost #44529 of 1387288/8/12 at 4:47pmFound a new-to-me store and picked up a pair of 10.5C Nettleton loafers to sell and E. Zegna and Alan Flusser ties for myself. From reading other threads, I don't see any obvious signs of fakery in the Zegna, but I'm not well versed. This tie doesn't have the self-material keeper, but I'm not sure if all of them are supposed to have that.
On the way out, I spotted this wonderful coat...
but then noticed the holes in the sleeve at checkout. How much does reweaving tend to cost? I'm wondering if I should go back for it.
Back in my neck of the woods, I picked up a 1940's B&W herringbone tweed with blue specks (also a small one), only to discover when I returned home that it too has a hole or two. I didn't have any wools or knit ties yet, so I grabbed the Paul Stuart as well.post #44530 of 1387288/8/12 at 4:52pm
"Don't put it out with your boots, Ted."
"Don't tell me my business, Devil Woman. Call the fire department, this one's outta control."
On another note, anyone have seersucker pants in 32/33 waist they'd like to get rid of?post #44531 of 1387288/8/12 at 5:05pmpost #44532 of 1387288/8/12 at 5:14pmpost #44533 of 1387288/8/12 at 5:17pm
Really cool ties Nataku.
Also really cool guitar, Frenchy.
I had a pretty successful day. For me, at least.
Some Royal Tweed by Cheany Tassel Loafers sz 10.5 D available
Some Brooks Bros. Makers ties. Red one is NWT
No brand label but...
It felt nice and that red dot was awfully familiar. Is there any way to tell if it's a Kiton? I'm leaning towards no, but who knows. Either way it's a pretty nice tie. A couple stains though
A like new Pendleton woolen mills shirt. Got it cheap, figured I'd see how it does on eBay.
Also, this thread is really weird when it comes to music. It seems like whatever band I listen to is mentioned in the thread the next day. I guess you guys just listen to some cool tunes.
Somewhat related is my last, and favorite find.
Yamaha DX7 Synthesizer
This thing is so cool. From the 80's, heavy as all hell, everything is working. Weird thing to find in a thrift, but I'm not complaining. Just need to pick up a decent amp one of these days to replace my crappy one.
Oh, and 20 here
Edited by Stissius - 8/8/12 at 7:51pmpost #44534 of 1387288/8/12 at 5:24pmpost #44535 of 1387288/8/12 at 5:40pmQuote:
99.99% sure its not real handwriting and they only had like 6 nails AND the sidewall was stamped and didnt look that fancy. Should have spent the $10 though
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Random Food Questions Thread 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 8 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 9 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 10 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts