Originally Posted by capnwes
Black or navy...even for a morning wedding?
Oh. Still not a bad choice but I did some googling and found stuff like this.
1. Try a summery sundress or knit dress. Bright prints and colors are perfectly acceptable for a morning wedding (especially during warmer months). If it is spring, then bring a sweater or wrap.
2. Try an a-line or full skirt with a blouse, or a jacket and skirt combo. Again, bright colors or solids would be appropriate, and this will work year-round.
3. If you don't like wearing skirts or dresses, a suit would be appropriate, though "fancying it up" with a brightly colored top or a fun scarf would be nice.
4. Dresss pants with a blouse and/or jacket would be fine as well, if you don't like the "matchy-matchy" look of a suit.
1. No flip-flops. Flat sandals or low heels are appropriate, but be classy!
2. Nothing too short or too tight. You don't want to distract from the bride.
3. Avoid wearing all black (or all white, for that matter). A black dress is just fine today, but snazz it up with something colorful (it could even be your shoes!)