I don't think so
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 9:23 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 9/12/16 at 2:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2865post #42962 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:30pmpost #42963 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:34pmpost #42964 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:35pmpost #42965 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:37pmEbay talk below, unspoiler at your own risk.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Item in question is this pair of sunglasses
I received an offer for 60 and countered at 80. The buyer then sends me this message:Quote:is the glasses has alot of scratches on the lenses are visible with the naked eye that will effect the vision? is it comes with case & cleaning cloth? pls advise, thx
I retracted the offer because this didn't give me a warm, fuzzy feeling about dealing with this person. The lenses are in good condition, but the frame definitely shows some wear which can be seen in the pictures and I stated it in the auction.
Just now the same buyer sent me an offer for 80 and this message:Quote:HI SELLER
YOU GAVE ME AN OFFER FOR $80.
I WAS PLANNING TO CLICK ACCEPT IT THE NEXT MORNING AFTER LONG DAY AND CAME HOME LATE ON THE BALL FIELD BUT YOU RE-TRACTED EARLY THAN ACTUAL TIME YOU SET FOR ME.
ANYHOW, I WONDER IF YOU WOULD SELL IT WITH THE SAME PRICE AND I WILL PAY INSTANTLY. OR DO I NEED TO MAKE ANOTHER OFFER? PLS ADVIE, THX
I would be thrilled to get $80 for these glasses, but I'm still put off a bit by the seller (general demeanor and grasp of the English language). They're real, but I'm really not in the mood for a bogus counterfeit item claim or something like that. So, what would you do?post #42966 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:40pmpost #42967 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:43pmpost #42968 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:44pmpost #42969 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:45pmThey're going on day 40 now. Offers have been trickling in slowly, but mostly ~50-60, which is less than I wanted, and they ignore any counter. It's unlikely I get another offer before this one expires in the next 48 hours. Although I think I may just block the buyer and continue waiting. Sunglasses aren't what's filling my spare bedroom.
Buyer in question does have 1800+ feedback though (326 as a seller), in case that changes your minds.post #42970 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:47pmpost #42971 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:48pm
:shrug: I have been wrong before. Those look like microcreases to me. I hope for him they are shell.
On unrelated news I have found a pair of Alden for Barrie Booters shortwing shell cordovans (marked as such) today. 11E and available when i post the photos.post #42972 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:48pmpost #42973 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:49pm^^ 99.9% shellQuote:Originally Posted by VLSI
They're going on day 40 now. Offers have been trickling in slowly, but mostly ~50-60, which is less than I wanted, and they ignore any counter. It's unlikely I get another offer before this one expires in the next 48 hours. Although I think I may just block the buyer and continue waiting. Sunglasses aren't what's filling my spare bedroom.
Buyer in question does have 1800+ feedback though (326 as a seller), in case that changes your minds.
Look at the feedback he has left for others. Any dings?post #42974 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:52pmpost #42975 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:54pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Currently, there are 1267 Active Users (315 Members and 952 Guests)
- › Fantasy Football 2016 sign up! Ends 8/21 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 9 minutes ago
- › The Contentedness thread 12 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 12 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 14 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...