I don't think so
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 7:45 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2865
Styleforum Top Pickspost #42962 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:30pmpost #42963 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:34pmpost #42964 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:35pmpost #42965 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:37pmEbay talk below, unspoiler at your own risk.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Item in question is this pair of sunglasses
I received an offer for 60 and countered at 80. The buyer then sends me this message:Quote:is the glasses has alot of scratches on the lenses are visible with the naked eye that will effect the vision? is it comes with case & cleaning cloth? pls advise, thx
I retracted the offer because this didn't give me a warm, fuzzy feeling about dealing with this person. The lenses are in good condition, but the frame definitely shows some wear which can be seen in the pictures and I stated it in the auction.
Just now the same buyer sent me an offer for 80 and this message:Quote:HI SELLER
YOU GAVE ME AN OFFER FOR $80.
I WAS PLANNING TO CLICK ACCEPT IT THE NEXT MORNING AFTER LONG DAY AND CAME HOME LATE ON THE BALL FIELD BUT YOU RE-TRACTED EARLY THAN ACTUAL TIME YOU SET FOR ME.
ANYHOW, I WONDER IF YOU WOULD SELL IT WITH THE SAME PRICE AND I WILL PAY INSTANTLY. OR DO I NEED TO MAKE ANOTHER OFFER? PLS ADVIE, THX
I would be thrilled to get $80 for these glasses, but I'm still put off a bit by the seller (general demeanor and grasp of the English language). They're real, but I'm really not in the mood for a bogus counterfeit item claim or something like that. So, what would you do?post #42966 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:40pmpost #42967 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:43pmpost #42968 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:44pmpost #42969 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:45pmThey're going on day 40 now. Offers have been trickling in slowly, but mostly ~50-60, which is less than I wanted, and they ignore any counter. It's unlikely I get another offer before this one expires in the next 48 hours. Although I think I may just block the buyer and continue waiting. Sunglasses aren't what's filling my spare bedroom.
Buyer in question does have 1800+ feedback though (326 as a seller), in case that changes your minds.post #42970 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:47pmpost #42971 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:48pm
:shrug: I have been wrong before. Those look like microcreases to me. I hope for him they are shell.
On unrelated news I have found a pair of Alden for Barrie Booters shortwing shell cordovans (marked as such) today. 11E and available when i post the photos.post #42972 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:48pmpost #42973 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:49pm^^ 99.9% shellQuote:Originally Posted by VLSI
They're going on day 40 now. Offers have been trickling in slowly, but mostly ~50-60, which is less than I wanted, and they ignore any counter. It's unlikely I get another offer before this one expires in the next 48 hours. Although I think I may just block the buyer and continue waiting. Sunglasses aren't what's filling my spare bedroom.
Buyer in question does have 1800+ feedback though (326 as a seller), in case that changes your minds.
Look at the feedback he has left for others. Any dings?post #42974 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:52pmpost #42975 of 1387287/23/12 at 8:54pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Currently, there are 1454 Active Users (329 Members and 1125 Guests)
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket Japan 2 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket - 3 Button Summer Weight - Tagged 48 8 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 10 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Marlow Shell Cordovan Plain Toe Blucher PTB by... 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 10 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...