or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2859

post #42871 of 125127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobber View Post

Aquascutum are good quality from what I can tell. Most models are half canvassed, a few fully canvassed. Not great for selling on eBay though, but you never know what may happen if the pattern rocks. I pick these up for myself if they are cool and in my size.

Ive got one up now with horrendous interest - and this is the full monty - likely bespoke, full canvas, fully handmade, etc. This is the top top of the line stuff.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350582422671?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649#ht_14393wt_1378
post #42872 of 125127

yo I am in the market for a few more ties, foulards, reps, basically anything, I don't care about brand if anyone has some bad/unlabeled ties that still look good I would be really happy, same with pocket  squares, this should probably go in b&s but whatever

post #42873 of 125127
Picked up the COOLEST blue crushed velvet blazer yesterday. Satin lapels and cuffs and ribbing around the pockets. Looks to be from the 60's and still has the tag on it! It's either a 44 or 46, pics to follow. Also picked up 2 vintage BB golden fleece blazers, one with 2 button working cuffs, the first I've seen on a BB, also a really crazy patterned lining.
post #42874 of 125127
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


Ive got one up now with horrendous interest - and this is the full monty - likely bespoke, full canvas, fully handmade, etc. This is the top top of the line stuff.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350582422671?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649#ht_14393wt_1378

Whoa! That thing is tits! If I wore a 40 and didn't have a long haired white dog...

post #42875 of 125127
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

 

What did you pick up for yourself? Take some pics of the HT's

 

For myself, I picked something utilitarian:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Gimme Shelter is one of my favorite documentaries - you get it or you don't...

700

 

 

The Harris Tweeds:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

The one above was tailored for a "D. M. Eddy".  I was trying to figure out Duane Eddy's middle name but it's nowhere to be found on the net.  Doubtful it was his, but, I've never heard of anyone else with the surname of Eddy, first initial D.

 

700

 

700

 

post #42876 of 125127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

yo I am in the market for a few more ties, foulards, reps, basically anything, I don't care about brand if anyone has some bad/unlabeled ties that still look good I would be really happy, same with pocket  squares, this should probably go in b&s but whatever
what width?

i picked up a huge lot of self tipped vintage polo ralph lauren rep ties the other day. i'm looking to sell them for cheap but they're very skinny, all around 3" i think
post #42877 of 125127
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Ive got one up now with horrendous interest - and this is the full monty - likely bespoke, full canvas, fully handmade, etc. This is the top top of the line stuff.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350582422671?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649#ht_14393wt_1378

134 is horrendous interest? If only I had such bad luck smile.gif

There's a reason I uncheck the visitor counter box on my auctions shog[1].gif

Also, does anyone know what this is? It's a strip of fabric that has the buttons on it

post #42878 of 125127
Hey guys Today I picked up 3 Charvet Place Vendome custom made dress shirts. Unfortunately they do not have a tag size and i was wondering if anyone could help me depicted their measurement. Here are the measurements:

Chest 56 inches
Shoulder 20 inches
Sleeve 22.5 inches
Length 34 inches
Neck (from the button hole to the button) 17 inches

Funky size huh?! I know its sleeve length is a 32 but I am having trouble with determining the neck. If anyone could help that would be great.

CP
post #42879 of 125127
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post

 

For myself, I picked something utilitarian:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Gimme Shelter is one of my favorite documentaries - you get it or you don't...

700

 

 

The Harris Tweeds:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

The one above was tailored for a "D. M. Eddy".  I was trying to figure out Duane Eddy's middle name but it's nowhere to be found on the net.  Doubtful it was his, but, I've never heard of anyone else with the surname of Eddy, first initial D.

 

700

 

700

 

 

What size are the HT's?

post #42880 of 125127
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

 

What size are the HT's?

 

Only the 3rd one will be available (5th and 6th photos); it feels like a 38L or 40R but I haven't measured it yet (untagged) and I have about 200 items ahead of it to throw on eBay...me being mostly a flipper I have to let a lot of things go that route.

post #42881 of 125127
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

yo I am in the market for a few more ties, foulards, reps, basically anything, I don't care about brand if anyone has some bad/unlabeled ties that still look good I would be really happy, same with pocket  squares, this should probably go in b&s but whatever
what width?

i picked up a huge lot of self tipped vintage polo ralph lauren rep ties the other day. i'm looking to sell them for cheap but they're very skinny, all around 3" i think

Sure Ian will be on this, but PM sent also icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post
What size are the HT's?

Only the 3rd one will be available (5th and 6th photos); it feels like a 38L or 40R but I haven't measured it yet (untagged) and I have about 200 items ahead of it to throw on eBay...me being mostly a flipper I have to let a lot of things go that route.

Maybe I just dont get it, but even if your flipping everything you buy, wouldnt you rather sell it to someone here instead for a decent profit? Knock off the ebay fees, toss an extra 10 or 20% discount to SF members and it's a win-win for everyone. Everything I list in my Megathreads (which really are useless these days) gets listed on ebay but I would much rather sell it to someone here any day of the week.

post #42882 of 125127
B&S here has been really poor for me lately frown.gif
post #42883 of 125127

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

05486bd5.jpg

Such a bad ass suit!!! I wish I had one half that good looking worship.gif Rocking it Spoo!

 

 

OOPS - stupid double post facepalm.gif

post #42884 of 125127

Ok so if un-pleated Zanellas are unicorns, do we have a name for their crazy 3 pleated pants? Shark gills perhaps? I was swimming in them today at one stop, never seen so many pleats in one pair of pants.

Also found my first RRL, khakis, only to see that at least 1 button had been replaced with a terrible match, and they were worn to hell.ffffuuuu.gif Plus they looked almost kid sized.

 

Turned down two kitschy buys that I initially returned to a shop for- a terrifying clown figurine (think scary like the one in that USPS commercial a while back) and a black Jesus statuette. Stoked to see they were both there, but didn't want them gathering dust till the next white elephant gift exchange around the holidays.

post #42885 of 125127
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmac7 View Post

I know its sleeve length is a 32 but I am having trouble with determining the neck. If anyone could help that would be great.

CP

To get the neck size, measure from the center of the button to the far edge of the button hole. There was some discussion about how to measure neck size here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/10615/how-much-room-should-be-in-your-shirt-collar/0_100.

By the way, any plans to post pics of those Ferragamo ties?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread