I agree. I've often thought that this is a thread for 21st-century ragmen. High-end rag, but rags nonetheless. I had an uncle in the shmata trade, a manufacturer. I guess the families going full circle.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 4/27/16 at 9:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Today at 12:50 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2843post #42631 of 1387287/19/12 at 4:42pmpost #42632 of 1387287/19/12 at 4:52pmpost #42633 of 1387287/19/12 at 4:56pm
Found a beautiful Cashmere and Silk Pashmina, (Scarf/Shawl) to accent my Rabhor Robe. Made in India, fabric appears to change color depending on the angle you look at it. No makers tag.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by capnwes - 7/19/12 at 5:53pmpost #42634 of 1387287/19/12 at 5:38pmQuote:
When I used to play in bands, we had a guy tell us once that we had fucked up hard by not playing one of his shows. The gist of it was that, since we blew the guy off about playing, we missed an opportunity to play a stage at the Vans Warped Tour. Essentially, that we could have seen better than we had. The latter part of your comment reminds me a lot of that moment.post #42635 of 1387287/19/12 at 5:47pmpost #42636 of 1387287/19/12 at 5:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by concealed
Spoo aint got nothin on meeeeeeeeeeee
Congrats mang - i hope you did BIN with immediate payment requiredpost #42637 of 1387287/19/12 at 6:00pmQuote:post #42638 of 1387287/19/12 at 6:07pm
A few shirts to go along with the tie from yesterday...and a few more still to come.
Brioni White w/ Blue & Red Stripe - 16.5-36Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Chest (armpit to armpit on back): 24.25"
Shoulder (seam to seam on back): 20.5"
Arm (shoulder seam to end of arm): 25.25"
Some of the finest material!
Brioni Roma Darted Back Blue w/ White Stripe - 16.5-35Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #42639 of 1387287/19/12 at 6:08pm
Took a long lunch and hit a GW today. Picked up some shirts (average - Tommy Bahama, Brooks Bros, Polo etc) but passed on 3 pairs of Land's End corduroy pants in excellent condition and wild colors: plum, electric blue and bright orange. Should I have grabbed them? I have never picked up any Land's End (for flippage or keepers)...post #42640 of 1387287/19/12 at 6:15pmpost #42641 of 1387287/19/12 at 6:20pmpost #42642 of 1387287/19/12 at 6:20pm
You guys were being really unfair to frenchy, a guy who to my knowledge has never said anything mean about anyone before.
Anyway, dude don't leave, at least not until you've seen this eBay beauty:
Also, nice thrift fit Grendel. Unfortunately I'm not swinging by your neck of the woods in the near future, but thanks for your kind offer a few dozen posts back.
Anyway, so I grabbed this Kiton shirt the other day to flip.
Didn't realize until I got home that it had some snags, one of which might even be the beginning of a hole.
I'm thinking I should just take it back. Or is Kiton enough of a name that it would still be worth selling as is?
Also grabbed a couple of ties for me, and decided to shoot them while I was doing some eBay listing photos (so, not available). Note the use of my patented one-point lighting system.
And, finally I find a tie made for someone like me. But what's that bulge?post #42643 of 1387287/19/12 at 6:31pmQuote:
I don't have enough experience to say but someone's trying something similar:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/KITON-Hand-Sewn-Solid-White-Mens-Dress-Shirt-16-/280924007835?pt=US_Men_s_Dress_Shirts&hash=item4168602d9b#ht_1264wt_1165post #42644 of 1387287/19/12 at 6:54pm
BIGFOOT BROS: There might be a deal to be made in this BINOBO (Not in any way affiliated with the seller, to be clear...just found it in my quest for bigfootbro shooz). Worth a shot on an offer for the real Jill Sander heads:post #42645 of 1387287/19/12 at 7:13pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire and Styleforum Leather jackets - Official thread 31 minutes ago
- › Authentic G. J. Cleverley Russian Reindeer Belt 46 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 47 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 48 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 52 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 55 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 57 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts