I agree. I've often thought that this is a thread for 21st-century ragmen. High-end rag, but rags nonetheless. I had an uncle in the shmata trade, a manufacturer. I guess the families going full circle.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 1:23 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 10/22/16 at 2:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2843post #42631 of 1387287/19/12 at 4:42pmpost #42632 of 1387287/19/12 at 4:52pmpost #42633 of 1387287/19/12 at 4:56pm
Found a beautiful Cashmere and Silk Pashmina, (Scarf/Shawl) to accent my Rabhor Robe. Made in India, fabric appears to change color depending on the angle you look at it. No makers tag.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by capnwes - 7/19/12 at 5:53pmpost #42634 of 1387287/19/12 at 5:38pmQuote:
When I used to play in bands, we had a guy tell us once that we had fucked up hard by not playing one of his shows. The gist of it was that, since we blew the guy off about playing, we missed an opportunity to play a stage at the Vans Warped Tour. Essentially, that we could have seen better than we had. The latter part of your comment reminds me a lot of that moment.post #42635 of 1387287/19/12 at 5:47pmpost #42636 of 1387287/19/12 at 5:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by concealed
Spoo aint got nothin on meeeeeeeeeeee
Congrats mang - i hope you did BIN with immediate payment requiredpost #42637 of 1387287/19/12 at 6:00pmQuote:post #42638 of 1387287/19/12 at 6:07pm
A few shirts to go along with the tie from yesterday...and a few more still to come.
Brioni White w/ Blue & Red Stripe - 16.5-36Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Chest (armpit to armpit on back): 24.25"
Shoulder (seam to seam on back): 20.5"
Arm (shoulder seam to end of arm): 25.25"
Some of the finest material!
Brioni Roma Darted Back Blue w/ White Stripe - 16.5-35Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #42639 of 1387287/19/12 at 6:08pm
Took a long lunch and hit a GW today. Picked up some shirts (average - Tommy Bahama, Brooks Bros, Polo etc) but passed on 3 pairs of Land's End corduroy pants in excellent condition and wild colors: plum, electric blue and bright orange. Should I have grabbed them? I have never picked up any Land's End (for flippage or keepers)...post #42640 of 1387287/19/12 at 6:15pmpost #42641 of 1387287/19/12 at 6:20pmpost #42642 of 1387287/19/12 at 6:20pm
You guys were being really unfair to frenchy, a guy who to my knowledge has never said anything mean about anyone before.
Anyway, dude don't leave, at least not until you've seen this eBay beauty:
Also, nice thrift fit Grendel. Unfortunately I'm not swinging by your neck of the woods in the near future, but thanks for your kind offer a few dozen posts back.
Anyway, so I grabbed this Kiton shirt the other day to flip.
Didn't realize until I got home that it had some snags, one of which might even be the beginning of a hole.
I'm thinking I should just take it back. Or is Kiton enough of a name that it would still be worth selling as is?
Also grabbed a couple of ties for me, and decided to shoot them while I was doing some eBay listing photos (so, not available). Note the use of my patented one-point lighting system.
And, finally I find a tie made for someone like me. But what's that bulge?post #42643 of 1387287/19/12 at 6:31pmQuote:
I don't have enough experience to say but someone's trying something similar:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/KITON-Hand-Sewn-Solid-White-Mens-Dress-Shirt-16-/280924007835?pt=US_Men_s_Dress_Shirts&hash=item4168602d9b#ht_1264wt_1165post #42644 of 1387287/19/12 at 6:54pm
BIGFOOT BROS: There might be a deal to be made in this BINOBO (Not in any way affiliated with the seller, to be clear...just found it in my quest for bigfootbro shooz). Worth a shot on an offer for the real Jill Sander heads:post #42645 of 1387287/19/12 at 7:13pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 seconds ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: 19 October - 29 October: The Sleaze Challenge 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 17 minutes ago
- › nice leather strap watch gift for fiance 33 minutes ago
- › THE EUROPEAN THRIFT BUY /SELL / TRADE / WANT THREAD 36 minutes ago
- › What are the rules on wearing odd trousers that have... 38 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 38 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 45 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 55 minutes ago
- › Custom made Casuals website 56 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...