Here it is: funky monkeys and birds in foliage. Very cool.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 10/25/16 at 1:23pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 10/22/16 at 2:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2831post #42451 of 1387287/18/12 at 7:29ampost #42452 of 1387287/18/12 at 7:39ampost #42453 of 1387287/18/12 at 10:07am
Some of the good and bad of recent thrifts:
Even with a bit of a patch-job on there, a Kiton Micron Jacket was still a good pickup at $15, right? Right...
Also my first time finding any of this guy's stuff:
A handful of stains (some not visible in pics) on the front. I figured I'd take a gamble and see what the dry cleaners and/or Oxyclean could do.
Borrelli Completely Unstructured Navy Blazer w/ Patch Pockets (44/46)
Tried in vain to get this out, but I don't think I'm going to make it work. Too bad, it's a great piece.
And finally, this is all good:
Lightweight Prada Navy Blue Suit (40r - my size so keeping)post #42454 of 1387287/18/12 at 10:29ampost #42455 of 1387287/18/12 at 10:33amOverall Cotton, a good day thrifting. Pity about the Borrelli though, perhaps you could look at some dyeing techniques? Just a thought. I would try to fix that jacket, it is potentially one of the better finds I have seen recently.post #42456 of 1387287/18/12 at 10:38am
Went at lunch... Only pickup was a pair of Romano Martegani shoes, size 8... I hadn't heard of the brand, but they seem well made and they look like they've only been worn once. Black with an elongated chisel toe with brogueing, no cap.post #42457 of 1387287/18/12 at 10:58ampost #42458 of 1387287/18/12 at 11:23ampost #42459 of 1387287/18/12 at 11:56ampost #42460 of 1387287/18/12 at 12:10pmQuote:
Wes, the round blue ones in the front, any close up pics, please?post #42461 of 1387287/18/12 at 12:15pmQuote:
Yep thats a killer find and great suggestion. I wasn't going to go thirft today but now ive got the itch.post #42462 of 1387287/18/12 at 12:44pmpost #42463 of 1387287/18/12 at 12:51pmQuote:
Ugh. I've had that happen to me before in Charlotte. I'm assuming for weather (it's about to get a stormin' up here). Not a terrible airport to get stuck in, just not overnight (literally). If you need a place to sleep, I highly suggest the padded chairs near the baggage terminal on the lower floor. There's also a Starbucks up the stairs from there, so you won't go hungry or decaffinated.post #42464 of 1387287/18/12 at 1:00pmpost #42465 of 1387287/18/12 at 1:12pm
Went into the city for a couple of hours yesterday. Found one consignment shop where Oxxfords and Brionis were as common as Bert Pulitzer 'round my parts. None of them were in my size, and, most importantly, they were all outrageously priced.
I did, however, find a few things, both in the city and the burbs.
Nordstrom olive camel hair
Paul Frederick (which I don't usually pick up, but it's linen/silk, side vented, ticket pocket, and fits me)
Polo players! Also, I'm a science teacher, so I couldn't resist.
2 MTM shirts from a local maker, NWT PRL chambray spread collar shirt w/ MOP buttons
Zegna FC, BB slim fit OCBD
Prada - I'm guessing this is legit based on Cotton Dockers' last post. Also, I'm guessing this is an orphan.
I haven't measured anything yet, and everything's at the cleaners, so if you're interested, I'll have to wait on measurements.
side vented, really cool pattern, tagged 46S
I don't normally pick these up, but this is side vented and linen/cotton and ALMOST fits me. Plus it has that retina-burning pattern that is so devisive around here.
This is a first for me! Tagged 56 EU. Is it an orphan? Thoughts?
Either way, who cares?
Unfortunately, this is 4''
Another first! J. Press - contrast collar, FC, 16-33. Both need the "treatment" first.
Kind of a corduroy feeling to this one.
Anyone know about denim? Are these selvege?
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info 1 minute ago
- › Sartoriale = Official Affiliate Vendor thread 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 23 minutes ago
- › BOGLIOLI Wool/Cotton/Cashmere Light Brown Sportcoat Size 48IT/38US 29 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 37 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 48 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 58 minutes ago
- › Russell & Bromley? 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...