or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2827

post #42391 of 125115
Frenchy, Actually I think you have been pretty tame. Thanks for that, we like you around here, no need to get banned. How about some furnitures, etc you know, picker stuff?
post #42392 of 125115

A little more catch up,

 

The square blue ones are more transparent than they appear.

 

Blue Squares SOLD

Black Ovals SOLD

AAA Links (1).JPGAAA Links (2).JPG

 

AAA Links (3).JPGAAA Links (4).JPG

 

Mounties SOLD

AAA Links (5).JPGAAA Links (6).JPG


Edited by capnwes - 7/17/12 at 6:51pm
post #42393 of 125115

yeah i dont want to either so if i get out of line let me know.

as far as furniture,im gonna do like a bi weekly or monthly mega haul  round up thing unless its something mind blowing 

Quote:
Originally Posted by catside View Post

Frenchy, Actually I think you have been pretty tame. Thanks for that, we like you around here, no need to get banned. How about some furnitures, etc you know, picker stuff?
post #42394 of 125115
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchytoo View Post

thats actually not that bad ,i still wouldnt be caught dead in that outfit but not that bad.

what happened to the outfit i laid out for you last night?

 

Your mom didn't like it this morning. 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchytoo View Post

lol,im gone tone it down but i just cant stand it when people dont know shit chime in on a subject and sling around words like "self-righteous".

anyway im done,back to thrift finds.

 

(ps im really a nice guy in real life lol,just you know shit magnet)   

 

I'm a big believer in karma, and it sounds like you're putting out what you're getting back. 

post #42395 of 125115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ick578 View Post

HOLD THE PHONE!  

I was going through some of my pickups from the weekend haul, and decide to look up the maker of a couple of my Luciano Barbera Collezioni Sartoriale jackets.  Are these who I think they are? 
Welcome to the party that was going on in my head when I saw the label.
Doubt you would have passed on Barbera anyway, but that's what I call a lucky break!


So glad I went back and read those 300 posts I missed over the last couple of days. Scintillating stuff, dudes. (Though there were a few nice finds in there).
post #42396 of 125115

Welcome to another edition of Tales from the Thrift...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchytoo View Post

The Cart Blocker

 

Salvation Army Aisle.jpg

 

 

^^^ "He was at the end of the aisle and I was trying to get out of it (the freaking thing was like a mile long)."

 

Mad Max 5.jpg

 

^^^ "I politely asked him if he could move it."

 

You Shall Not Pass.jpg

 

^^^ "His response: 'Wait or go back the entire aisle if you want to get to the next one.'"

 

Mad Max 6.jpg

 

^^^ "My response: [A FUCKING KICK TO THE CART]"

 

 

Thrift Fit:

 

Thrift Fits5.jpg

post #42397 of 125115
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

AAA Links (4).JPG

 

Those trains are pretty kick ass!!!!

post #42398 of 125115
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchytoo View Post

lol,im gone tone it down but i just cant stand it when people dont know shit chime in on a subject and sling around words like "self-righteous".

anyway im done,back to thrift finds.

 

(ps im really a nice guy in real life lol,just you know shit magnet)   


Sir, you have done nothing wrong here. This is the internet, we all are entitled to opinions, thoughts, etc. Who cares if we say them over a forum? I say, as long as cool finds are still posted continue to tell people to eff off and why. nod[1].gif

 

I have a couple of pretty crappy quality finds coming once I take some quick picks before I am off to the bar.

post #42399 of 125115
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdeep2001 View Post

They still have split toes (same price, so I'm not sure when you wouldn't want split toe shoe trees?)

 

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF610_1_40000000001_-1

 

Thanks, didn't see those on the site. When I ordered the Strands, just said I wanted shoe trees (which were on sale for $19.99) and the non-split are what I got, but for $25 vs. $7.50, I'll buy the Jos A Banks with $10 off, non-split toe or not.

post #42400 of 125115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Those trains are pretty kick ass!!!!

I love the figure type links like these, they are so much more interesting than the plain old gold and silver finish.

 

And....you need them.

post #42401 of 125115

Most recent line.  I think it's more "fashion forward" targeted or some shit.  Looks and feels like regular Corneliani to me...pick up fo sheez.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Abed View Post

Currently in store... Corneliani ID a must grab or diffusion?
post #42402 of 125115
I've never posted my thrift finds but this past Saturday I found something I was pretty blown away by. There is this one particular GW near my house that I regularly go in. Sometimes I find things and sometimes I don't. And I usually start with the jackets and suits then on to the shirts and then the rest. This past Saturday I walked in and I thought, "I'm gonna start with the shoes today." So I walk up to the rack and their are these gorgeous brownish chukkas staring me in the face. And they look about my size. but something told me these were "special". So I picked them up and they were really substantial and heavier than the average bear. I could tell by just looking at them they were well constructed and they were in really good shape. So I looked inside, and I saw the name, Alden. Now my heart started to race a little bit and I looked over my shoulder to make sure no one was looking at me because I was getting really excited. I turned them over and the soles have plenty of life left but the heel could be replaced. I've never handled shell but something told me these were it. I tried them on and they were a little tight but I was ok. I looked them up when I got home and they are the Alden chukka 1339. Yes indeed I did the happy dance! And I haven't been able to stop looking at them since. bounce2.gif
post #42403 of 125115
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroFan View Post

Most recent line.  I think it's more "fashion forward" targeted or some shit.  Looks and feels like regular Corneliani to me...pick up fo sheez.

 

How does retail pricing compare to mainline Corneliani? 

post #42404 of 125115
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieStevens View Post

I've never posted my thrift finds but this past Saturday I found something I was pretty blown away by. There is this one particular GW near my house that I regularly go in. Sometimes I find things and sometimes I don't. And I usually start with the jackets and suits then on to the shirts and then the rest. This past Saturday I walked in and I thought, "I'm gonna start with the shoes today." So I walk up to the rack and their are these gorgeous brownish chukkas staring me in the face. And they look about my size. but something told me these were "special". So I picked them up and they were really substantial and heavier than the average bear. I could tell by just looking at them they were well constructed and they were in really good shape. So I looked inside, and I saw the name, Alden. Now my heart started to race a little bit and I looked over my shoulder to make sure no one was looking at me because I was getting really excited. I turned them over and the soles have plenty of life left but the heel could be replaced. I've never handled shell but something told me these were it. I tried them on and they were a little tight but I was ok. I looked them up when I got home and they are the Alden chukka 1339. Yes indeed I did the happy dance! And I haven't been able to stop looking at them since. bounce2.gif

PICS

post #42405 of 125115
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

How does retail pricing compare to mainline Corneliani? 


I am pretty sure it is relatively the same or comparable.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread