or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2821

post #42301 of 118017
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchytoo View Post

thats exactly why i dont shove them,i karate kick the shit out of that cart so it goes flying.

 

I don't use a cart but I am tempted to start doing so now.

 

Also, I don't drive a jag, but generally have kind of a pissed off expression when pounding the racks.

post #42302 of 118017
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post

Years ago I used to watch in horror as they ripped open my shirts to get the hangers off. Ever since, I always take the hangers off before checking out. It makes it much easier for them as well and they appreciate the gesture.

I generally try to remember to, but not always. I really hate when they slide my ties all over the dirty counter or decide that ties go into the bag before shoes!!!

I always give them the ties first, and then ask for that bag...keeps them on their own no problem

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmorris View Post

Ok, I've been meaning to.ask for awhile, and the discussion of looking in carts reminded me , has anyone actually had anyone take something from their.cart? I am paranoid about this...

YES!!! Really fucking pissed me off also. I had a few ties where they staple the tie to a tag with a hole in the top. Then all the tags have the price on them and get slid onto the tie "hanger" that sticks out 2" from a peg board. Well to make sure no one takes a ties from my cart, I always slide the tags down the hanger on a shirt. Had a few ties around a shirt (MY SIZE). Got a little too far and BAM, no only were the ties gone, they took the damn shirt with the hanger the ties were on. One fell swoop.

 

What I do now when I walk into a store that I do pretty good at is grab the first suit off the rack. Every goes UNDER that suit. I just keep it on top as a buffer. Only need to do this in one store. Crappy area but produces some of the best stuff in NJ I have found.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicutioner View Post

every time someone on here posts to complain about "today i saw a flipper / today some pro flipper just cleaned everything out and didn't leave anything behind" i just imagine that there's some website called forumstyle.info with a "thrift boasting thread" where those guys are posting about "i was thrifting in jersey the other day and saw some sz 14 shirt dude who just cleaned everything out and left nothing behind" or "some tom ford-wearing dude in NYC just cleaned the racks of all the versace shirts and left nothing behind."

9xf7G.jpg

they're heartless flippers who scoop everything up, but we're thrift thread regulars!

crackup[1].gifI'm not THAT small....I wear a 14.5!!!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainy View Post

WORD
carts / baskets are for pussies. sometimes i use those rolling baskets at savers, but i never START with one. always start empty handed, go back for reinforcements if you need them. Alanc has seen me in action and can attest to the fact that I weigh about 120lbs yet can carry 15 suits on one arm. People with carts drive me absolutely insane especially when they block aisles with them, i will straight up shove them out of my way

+1 for fuck the carts.

Also, does anyone else get a shocked look when you tell them you don't want the hangers? "YOU DONT WANT THE HANGERS?!"

From the guy who had 20 fake Versace shirts piled high in a CART! On a note about hangers, I always take my shirts off the hangers before putting them on the counter. Fear of buttons being ripped off!

 

On a side note, I hit LA (right off the 5 freeway in Burbank today), nothing like most of the LA guys as it was a quick stop in a crappy area, but picked up a few things. Photos when I'm back in NJ. I have found more Oxxford jackets here in SoCal in a week then in 2 years in NJ censored.gif

post #42303 of 118017
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBoy View Post

 

I don't use a cart but I am tempted to start doing so now.

 

Also, I don't drive a jag, but generally have kind of a pissed off expression when pounding the racks.

go for it and when you see a size 13 coming at you and the cart you know its Frenchy timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

and the guy i was describing didnt have a pissed off expression,he has a "I am about to piss myself expression"


Edited by frenchytoo - 7/16/12 at 10:22pm
post #42304 of 118017
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchytoo View Post

go for it and when you see a size 13 coming at you and the cart you know its Frenchy timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

 

... and when the cart rams your planted knee you know it's grendel devil.gif

post #42305 of 118017

pfffft,the only thing that could hurt me are some of the outfits you post,as in retina damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

 

... and when the cart rams your planted knee you know it's grendel devil.gif

post #42306 of 118017
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchytoo View Post

pfffft,the only thing that could hurt me are some of the outfits you post,as in retina damage

 

I'm honored you remember. Maybe one day you'll grace us with your thrift fit. 

post #42307 of 118017

well i will be honest with you,i have enough clothes to fill your closet ten times over.but you know what i wear almost every day ,a plain white vneck tshirt with blue jeans (i lierally have like 30 shirts in different brands,some very cheap and some very expensie) 

i dress very plainly but like to balance it out with nice watches . 

but thats my look and i feel good in it,plus no retina damage.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

 

I'm honored you remember. Maybe one day you'll grace us with your thrift fit. 

post #42308 of 118017
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchytoo View Post

well i will be honest with you,i have enough clothes to fill your closet ten times over.but you know what i wear almost every day ,a plain white vneck tshirt with blue jeans (i lierally have like 30 shirts in different brands,some very cheap and some very expensie) 

i dress very plainly but like to balance it out with nice watches.

but thats my look and i feel good in it,plus no retina damage.  

 

I'm not looking for a fight, so I'm not sure why the hostility? Also not sure why you'd have thousands of dress shirts and hundreds of suits / sportcoats if you don't wear them. 

post #42309 of 118017
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchytoo View Post

well i will be honest with you,i have enough clothes to fill your closet ten times over.but you know what i wear almost every day ,a plain white vneck tshirt with blue jeans (i lierally have like 30 shirts in different brands,some very cheap and some very expensie) 

i dress very plainly but like to balance it out with nice watches.

but thats my look and i feel good in it,plus no retina damage.  

I'm not looking for a fight, so I'm not sure why the hostility? Also not sure why you'd have thousands of dress shirts and hundreds of suits / sportcoats if you don't wear them. 

 

peepwall[1].gif

post #42310 of 118017
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


You know what Im going to say, right?

 

Re: the GW Versace pass: 

No, I do not.  I've read the better part of the first 1000 posts on this thread, and definitely the last 1000+; from that I cannot divine what your response might be.  Hopefully it's "good pass"...but it's been gnawing at me for a few days so serve up bad news if merited and I will live & learn to thrift another day. 

post #42311 of 118017
lurker[1].gif
post #42312 of 118017

because you interjected yourself into mine and deadboys convo.

because i used to wear them but now that i work for myself i can wear what ever i like,so its just sitting there.

not to mention the stuff that i keep finding but have no time to sell (hence soon consigning with Spoo) because im busy with my non clothing side of business.

now when i tell you its a lot,trust me its a lot.i have not sold anything on SF over a year or Ebay in over 4 but i continued thrifting it,because when you see a hermes tie or Brioni SC you pick that shit up irregardless.so do the math,lets say one item a day for 4 years,mmmmmmmmmmkay? 

 

edit,obviously its not thousands and hundreds etc,but its getting out of hand.Spoo has been waiting over a week for a list and i dont even wanna start because theres a lot to go through,sorry Spoo i promise will get on that shit ASAP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

 

I'm not looking for a fight, so I'm not sure why the hostility? Also not sure why you'd have thousands of dress shirts and hundreds of suits / sportcoats if you don't wear them. 

post #42313 of 118017
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainy View Post

WORD
carts / baskets are for pussies. sometimes i use those rolling baskets at savers, but i never START with one. always start empty handed, go back for reinforcements if you need them. Alanc has seen me in action and can attest to the fact that I weigh about 120lbs yet can carry 15 suits on one arm. People with carts drive me absolutely insane especially when they block aisles with them, i will straight up shove them out of my way

Here's to banning carts from thrift stores--number one on the list of pet peeves, just ahead of wankers who don't take the hangers off and make the clerk do it while they just stand there as the line gets longer and longer. These are usually the same douche wads with carts full of crap. A close third are the ass wipes who leave shirts hanging across the top of racks, hiding everything underneath--is it really too much to ask to put the fucking shirt back where you found it if you're not going to buy, and why would anyone put a shirt on top of a rack in the first place? Does it improve eyesight?

I'd way rather deal with half-crazy folks who talk to themselves and anyone else within earshot (there are a few around here) than inconsiderate idiots (there are more than a few). Crazy people can't help themselves. Bad manners are inexcusable.
post #42314 of 118017
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchytoo View Post

well i will be honest with you,i have enough clothes to fill your closet ten times over.but you know what i wear almost every day ,a plain white vneck tshirt with blue jeans (i lierally have like 30 shirts in different brands,some very cheap and some very expensie) 

i dress very plainly but like to balance it out with nice watches . 

but thats my look and i feel good in it,plus no retina damage.  


 

I swear I'm already rocking the Einstein.  Daily summer wear consists of vintage Hawaiian shirts, plain flat-front cotton trousers, comfortable shoes (Adidas, Vans etc).  Zero thinking involved, pull & wear.  Need a haircut so also wearing a ball cap when I go out.  See me in the ATL thrifts, give the double-nose-pick sign. 

post #42315 of 118017
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchytoo View Post

because you interjected yourself into mine and deadboys convo.

because i used to wear them but now that i work for myself i can wear what ever i like,so its just sitting there.

not to mention the stuff that i keep finding but have no time to sell (hence soon consigning with Spoo) because im busy with my non clothing side of business.

now when i tell you its a lot,trust me its a lot.i have not sold anything on SF over a year or Ebay in over 4 but i continued thrifting it,because when you see a hermes tie or Brioni SC you pick that shit up irregardless.so do the math,lets say one item a day for 4 years,mmmmmmmmmmkay? 

 

edit,obviously its not thousands and hundreds etc,but its getting out of hand.Spoo has been waiting over a week for a list and i dont even wanna start because theres a lot to go through,sorry Spoo i promise will get on that shit ASAP)

 

Good to see the side of Frenchy / etc. who gets himself banned with anger issues is still there. Not sure why you decided to make this hostile, but whatever. I've got no reason to get pissy with you and nothing to gain but I sincerely hope you don't pull this stuff on people in person. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread