It is intended to be a safety net in case you enter $1000 as a bid instead of your intended $100. However, most use it to get out of a legit bid that they placed. Buyer's remorse before they actually buy the item.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 6:45 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 9:36 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2810post #42136 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:05pmpost #42137 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:09pmpost #42138 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:10pmpost #42139 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:11pmpost #42140 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:17pmSome crazy hauls going up there, fellers! Most of these will head to the bay as I've got some home renovation projects coming up that needs funding. Scored these ties all from the same spot today.
L-R: Versace, Zegna, Stefano Ricci x 3, Fendi x 2, Brioni x3.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This Ricci had some funky texture.
Don't know if Fendis bring in much but figured wtf.
Figured this guy needed to stand out on its own. This thing is outrageous. Don't know what was going on here.
Then I found a recent Zegna 15 mil 15 suit on my last stoppost #42141 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:25pmpost #42142 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:27pm
Forgot about these, Ferragamos probably not available, others maybe
Also, I should have mentioned in my shirt post that I would like to end up keeping a good amount of them for myself. They're technically all available, but the ones with the patterns I like most I'll need more $ to part with. I'll get back to people on pm's later.post #42143 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:36pmQuote:
I've had bidders do that trying to figure out what the reserve price is (back when I did reserve price auctions - kinda pointless nowadays IMO).post #42144 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:40pmQuote:
+1, I wish they would make it nonretractable unless you enter a new lesser amount.post #42145 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:43pmpost #42146 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:43pmpost #42147 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:45pmpost #42148 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Guitar Preacher
Venturing into Capnwes territory I found all of these at an independent thrift were everything is $1. If anyone sees anything they want let me know (or if you want details/closer pics). My intentions when I spotted them were to just include a set with sold or traded items. The mallard set is pretty handsome. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ahhh sweet! Is the blue/gold pair and the pair to its right available (yellow stone/gold)?
Because the Ebay crowd don't know better. This is making me temped to Ebay the Gucci tie I was saving for myself and keep the Brioni's.post #42149 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:50pmpost #42150 of 1387287/15/12 at 4:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by Guitar Preacher
Venturing into Capnwes territory I found all of these at an independent thrift were everything is $1. If anyone sees anything they want let me know (or if you want details/closer pics). My intentions when I spotted them were to just include a set with sold or traded items. The mallard set is pretty handsome.Quote:Quote:
I leave town for 3 days and this is what happens!!! WTF Lol. I gotta get a better guard dog!
I'm hoping to have some pics of the stuff I picked up since Thursday, but it will have to be after I pack and ship 14 packages.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 9 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 10 minutes ago
- › Can you help verify if this cashmere kiton sweater is authentic? 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 14 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...