It is intended to be a safety net in case you enter $1000 as a bid instead of your intended $100. However, most use it to get out of a legit bid that they placed. Buyer's remorse before they actually buy the item.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 5/26/16 at 10:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 5/17/16 at 3:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2810post #42136 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:05pmpost #42137 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:09pmpost #42138 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:10pmpost #42139 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:11pmpost #42140 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:17pmSome crazy hauls going up there, fellers! Most of these will head to the bay as I've got some home renovation projects coming up that needs funding. Scored these ties all from the same spot today.
L-R: Versace, Zegna, Stefano Ricci x 3, Fendi x 2, Brioni x3.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This Ricci had some funky texture.
Don't know if Fendis bring in much but figured wtf.
Figured this guy needed to stand out on its own. This thing is outrageous. Don't know what was going on here.
Then I found a recent Zegna 15 mil 15 suit on my last stoppost #42141 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:25pmpost #42142 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:27pm
Forgot about these, Ferragamos probably not available, others maybe
Also, I should have mentioned in my shirt post that I would like to end up keeping a good amount of them for myself. They're technically all available, but the ones with the patterns I like most I'll need more $ to part with. I'll get back to people on pm's later.post #42143 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:36pmQuote:
I've had bidders do that trying to figure out what the reserve price is (back when I did reserve price auctions - kinda pointless nowadays IMO).post #42144 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:40pmQuote:
+1, I wish they would make it nonretractable unless you enter a new lesser amount.post #42145 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:43pmpost #42146 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:43pmpost #42147 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:45pmpost #42148 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Guitar Preacher
Venturing into Capnwes territory I found all of these at an independent thrift were everything is $1. If anyone sees anything they want let me know (or if you want details/closer pics). My intentions when I spotted them were to just include a set with sold or traded items. The mallard set is pretty handsome. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ahhh sweet! Is the blue/gold pair and the pair to its right available (yellow stone/gold)?
Because the Ebay crowd don't know better. This is making me temped to Ebay the Gucci tie I was saving for myself and keep the Brioni's.post #42149 of 1387287/15/12 at 3:50pmpost #42150 of 1387287/15/12 at 4:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by Guitar Preacher
Venturing into Capnwes territory I found all of these at an independent thrift were everything is $1. If anyone sees anything they want let me know (or if you want details/closer pics). My intentions when I spotted them were to just include a set with sold or traded items. The mallard set is pretty handsome.Quote:Quote:
I leave town for 3 days and this is what happens!!! WTF Lol. I gotta get a better guard dog!
I'm hoping to have some pics of the stuff I picked up since Thursday, but it will have to be after I pack and ship 14 packages.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 47 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › How formal is a blue suit 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › NWT-PAUL SMITH SS16 Slim Linen Silk Grey Marl Pants size 30 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding