or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2740

post #41086 of 134497
Quote:
Originally Posted by KObalto View Post


If you are looking to flip that jacket, you should have gone crazy and sprung for the whole suit. I've never seen a BB 6x1 before.

I have the whole suit but the pants didn't fit me the drop is 10in but there is fabric for it to be let back out, were you looking to buy it or just commenting? I have it listed on sf here http://www.styleforum.net/t/306314/beautiful-brooks-brothers-double-breasted-suit-made-in-usa-soft-shoulders-mostly-unstructured-41r make me an offer I am pretty open

post #41087 of 134497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

I have the whole suit but the pants didn't fit me the drop is 10in but there is fabric for it to be let back out, were you looking to buy it or just commenting? I have it listed on sf here http://www.styleforum.net/t/306314/beautiful-brooks-brothers-double-breasted-suit-made-in-usa-soft-shoulders-mostly-unstructured-41r make me an offer I am pretty open

Just commenting. A touch small for me , but I like the suit.
post #41088 of 134497
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

I've been meaning to get a rolling rack for my inventory.

 

Finally got one today from Walmart. $50 and it supports up to 200 lbs. God, I really need to unload on Ebay.

 

 

 

Plus ten fricking bazillion on this.  I literally have stuff hanging from the molding around 2 large entrance ways, one closet stuffed and 2 others partially full...mainly because I have things separated by "didn't sell, try later", "hold for autumn", "wait until I have 5 same size and offer as a lot", "has a spot I didn't see, will probably come out, too lazy to launder", "oops that's a women's shirt/coat", etc.  Been looking for a good deal on 2 or 3 garment / salesman's racks - I might have to break down and buy them new.

post #41089 of 134497

One day you'll learn.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

I have the whole suit but the pants didn't fit me the drop is 10in but there is fabric for it to be let back out, were you looking to buy it or just commenting? I have it listed on sf here http://www.styleforum.net/t/306314/beautiful-brooks-brothers-double-breasted-suit-made-in-usa-soft-shoulders-mostly-unstructured-41r make me an offer I am pretty open

 

 

 

11190.gif

1931594_o.gif

tumblr_m4f9duuxgS1qecn1u.gif

2J01P.gif

post #41090 of 134497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

I have the whole suit but the pants didn't fit me the drop is 10in but there is fabric for it to be let back out, were you looking to buy it or just commenting? I have it listed on sf here http://www.styleforum.net/t/306314/beautiful-brooks-brothers-double-breasted-suit-made-in-usa-soft-shoulders-mostly-unstructured-41r make me an offer I am pretty open


I don't think a Brooksgate 2 piece is considered to be quality at least not on this thread. I think you should be asking in the range of $50 to be fair. My two cents. Maybe Ebay is a better place for a better price.

post #41091 of 134497
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroFan View Post

One day you'll learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

I have the whole suit but the pants didn't fit me the drop is 10in but there is fabric for it to be let back out, were you looking to buy it or just commenting? I have it listed on sf here http://www.styleforum.net/t/306314/beautiful-brooks-brothers-double-breasted-suit-made-in-usa-soft-shoulders-mostly-unstructured-41r make me an offer I am pretty open

 

11190.gif

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

1931594_o.gif

tumblr_m4f9duuxgS1qecn1u.gif

2J01P.gif

 

+1

 

If you do it right, you will have people sending you PM's that they want to buy your great stuff.

post #41092 of 134497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

 

 

icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif Those are nice! Always fun to find stuff you never have before....See Below  - PS - Got the cufflinks today, THANKS!

 

 

 

Thanks, as far as I know the only pair of Hanover shells I have not found are exactly like these, but black. I have already found them in 2 tone.

 

Glad you like the links.

 

EDIT: Noice Haul today too!!

post #41093 of 134497

If wishes were horses, flippers would ride...  You know what I wish?  For eBay to have a BIN free shipping option.  i.e.: I'm selling a widget, opening bid $50 plus $5 shipping, with a BIN of $60.  If the buyer uses BIN, they get free shipping...for those people who are shopping for something they need (not just want) and don't want to dick around bidding and waiting 7 days.  I get my $ faster, eBay makes more commission, buyer gets it faster, and I automatically get 5 stars on ship cost & time because it converted to free shipping.  I suggested it to eBay a couple times and I'm sure it went right into someone's "trash" folder.  But I think it would be a pretty sweet seller new option.

 

I was also wishing for something else thrift-related the other day, which I am going to look into making come true...and it would be doubly sweet, as well as a potential money-maker.  Not gonna say any more lest one of you Gypsies steal my idea.

post #41094 of 134497

Does anyone here pick up Brooks Brothers stuff?  I always grab the US-made shirts, anything 1818, and anything made in Italy (hard to come by)...  I see their 346, BrooksEase, "Brooks" (sans "Brothers") and other labels and always pass on 'em.  Should I be passing them up?  

post #41095 of 134497
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post

 

Plus ten fricking bazillion on this.  I literally have stuff hanging from the molding around 2 large entrance ways, one closet stuffed and 2 others partially full...mainly because I have things separated by "didn't sell, try later", "hold for autumn", "wait until I have 5 same size and offer as a lot", "has a spot I didn't see, will probably come out, too lazy to launder", "oops that's a women's shirt/coat", etc.  Been looking for a good deal on 2 or 3 garment / salesman's racks - I might have to break down and buy them new.


Oh man, you will love this thing! You can hang things on both sides and stores things on the top and bottom shelves. You should be able to find one in your local Walmart. If not, you can get it on their website and have them ship it to the store for free.

 

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Canopy-Heavy-Duty-Garment-Rack-Bronze/15627387

 

Have fun!

post #41096 of 134497
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post

Does anyone here pick up Brooks Brothers stuff?  I always grab the US-made shirts, anything 1818, and anything made in Italy (hard to come by)...  I see their 346, BrooksEase, "Brooks" (sans "Brothers") and other labels and always pass on 'em.  Should I be passing them up?  


Suits/jacket-wise I might grab if it fits or is especially flip-worthy. Shirts almost never because the eBay prices are low and they rarely fit me because I am not a human beach ball. I've literally only ever found one pair of their pants without holes, and I bought for myself.

post #41097 of 134497
hey dudes, haven't had a chance to read the thread lately. i'm looking for a double breasted suit, preferably american-made (especially BB) with soft shoulders. need a 41R. prefer fully unstructured, but will consider a suit that is mostly unstructured. anyone know where i can find such a garment?
post #41098 of 134497
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post

Does anyone here pick up Brooks Brothers stuff?  I always grab the US-made shirts, anything 1818, and anything made in Italy (hard to come by)...  I see their 346, BrooksEase, "Brooks" (sans "Brothers") and other labels and always pass on 'em.  Should I be passing them up?  

I think you have the right mindset.  I have only been able to successfully flip Brooks Brothers USA-made items, Made in Italy sports coats, a few vintage items and anything Makers.  I leave everything else.

 

EDIT: It's true that most of the BB items I see are stained/ripped/frayed all to hell.  I am not sure how this happens.  I recently retired two pair of BB pants made with Loro Piani fabric that I wore once a week for six years, and the only visible wear was the beginning of some fraying on the bottom of the cuff (not from stepping on it, but from wear/cleaning).

post #41099 of 134497
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post

If wishes were horses, flippers would ride...  You know what I wish?  For eBay to have a BIN free shipping option.  i.e.: I'm selling a widget, opening bid $50 plus $5 shipping, with a BIN of $60.  If the buyer uses BIN, they get free shipping...for those people who are shopping for something they need (not just want) and don't want to dick around bidding and waiting 7 days.  I get my $ faster, eBay makes more commission, buyer gets it faster, and I automatically get 5 stars on ship cost & time because it converted to free shipping.  I suggested it to eBay a couple times and I'm sure it went right into someone's "trash" folder.  But I think it would be a pretty sweet seller new option.

 

I was also wishing for something else thrift-related the other day, which I am going to look into making come true...and it would be doubly sweet, as well as a potential money-maker.  Not gonna say any more lest one of you Gypsies steal my idea.

Simple fix...make it $55 opening bid with free shipping or BIN $60 free shipping. I always offer free shipping, but charge a small fee for a priority upgrade. The shipping is already covered in the starting price.

post #41100 of 134497

Damn brah, so fucking close.  The closest I know of is a BEAUTIFUL Brooks Brothers Double Breasted Suit Made In Usa Soft ShouldersMostly Unstructured 41R.

 

You don't want BEAUTIFUL, no deal.

 

The devil is always in the details man. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicutioner View Post

hey dudes, haven't had a chance to read the thread lately. i'm looking for a double breasted suit, preferably american-made (especially BB) with soft shoulders. need a 41R. prefer fully unstructured, but will consider a suit that is mostly unstructured. anyone know where i can find such a garment?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread