or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2676

post #40126 of 114427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmorris View Post


+1 that looks pinnable and fully articulating. I need one of those.
Is that Mrs. Spoo?

Definitely pinnable. 'tis not Mrs. Spoo. biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlifeman View Post

Nice.....Now I need to find some "really good" stuff to consign to Spoo so I don't feel guilty browsing his auctions every day sly.gif

Nah man, just be cool and post some cool shit for me to look at in this thread.
post #40127 of 114427
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Two more pairs of cufflinks, they are ginormous. And actually found the matching spark pluc tie clip to the spark plug links I picked up a couple weeks ago. Same brand on the plug too. 60 miles away from where I picked up the links.

350x263px-LL-da8f5381_GEDC1198.jpeg

The lion heads look great. Does anyone have a shrink ray I can borrow?
post #40128 of 114427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg613 View Post


The lion heads look great. Does anyone have a shrink ray I can borrow?

Reference shot.

 

GEDC1200.JPG

post #40129 of 114427

Haven't been able to do much on weekdays for a while, but did get a chance to hit up one store today....found a few decent pickups..

 

2 x Vintage BB Golden Fleece 3/2 Roll Suits, FF pants, both extremely good condition, navy has 1 area on collar where seam is separating & will need to be re-sewn

 

1 charcoal stripe 3 piece- Tag 39 R, 18" shoulders, 30" Waist

 

IMG_0306.jpg

 

IMG_0307.jpg

 

IMG_0310.jpg

 

Navy Stripe- Tag 38 R., appx 17.75 shoulders, appx 31" waist

 

IMG_0311.jpg

 

 

Polo Made in Italy perf cap toe monk strap, 8.5 D but fits a little smaller,( not sure if its gonna work for me damn it......)

 

IMG_0312.jpg

 

IMG_0313.jpg

 

Some kind of glue on the soles, think someone had glued on a topy or something and took it off, should wear off I think....

 

IMG_0314.jpg

 

A new one to me- anyone have an opinion on this brand & quality? Seems similar to Tyrwhitt in quality/construction....

 

 Roderick Charles,  Jermyn St, my size, keeping for now

 

 

IMG_0309.jpg

post #40130 of 114427

The HS Trask bison leather shoes I picked up earlier. 12 Narrow, Worn maybe one or twice. Available

 

Trask (1).JPGTrask (2).JPGTrask (3).JPG

post #40131 of 114427
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlifeman View Post

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Haven't been able to do much on weekdays for a while, but did get a chance to hit up one store today....found a few decent pickups..

 

2 x Vintage BB Golden Fleece 3/2 Roll Suits, FF pants, both extremely good condition, navy has 1 area on collar where seam is separating & will need to be re-sewn

 

1 charcoal stripe 3 piece- Tag 39 R, 18" shoulders, 30" Waist

 

IMG_0306.jpg

 

IMG_0307.jpg

 

IMG_0310.jpg

 

Navy Stripe- Tag 38 R., appx 17.75 shoulders, appx 31" waist

 

IMG_0311.jpg

 

 

Polo Made in Italy perf cap toe monk strap, 8.5 D but fits a little smaller,( not sure if its gonna work for me damn it......)

 

IMG_0312.jpg

 

IMG_0313.jpg

 

Some kind of glue on the soles, think someone had glued on a topy or something and took it off, should wear off I think....

 

IMG_0314.jpg

 

A new one to me- anyone have an opinion on this brand & quality? Seems similar to Tyrwhitt in quality/construction....

 

 Roderick Charles,  Jermyn St, my size, keeping for now

 

 

IMG_0309.jpg

 

 

 

Nice finds, Roderick Charles shirts are a step up from C.T./T.P.

 

That 38R could be right up Brianpore's alley

post #40132 of 114427
Ugghhh, I don't think there have been any decent size 12-13 monks in the last few hundred pages... Or at least for the 3-4 months I've been looking for them. :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlifeman View Post

Haven't been able to do much on weekdays for a while, but did get a chance to hit up one store today....found a few decent pickups..

2 x Vintage BB Golden Fleece 3/2 Roll Suits, FF pants, both extremely good condition, navy has 1 area on collar where seam is separating & will need to be re-sewn

1 charcoal stripe 3 piece- Tag 39 R, 18" shoulders, 30" Waist

350x467px-LL-c0d557a8_IMG_0306.jpeg

350x467px-LL-f792fe6e_IMG_0307.jpeg

350x263px-LL-8ea67981_IMG_0310.jpeg

Navy Stripe- Tag 38 R., appx 17.75 shoulders, appx 31" waist

350x467px-LL-b5154d93_IMG_0311.jpeg


Polo Made in Italy perf cap toe monk strap, 8.5 D but fits a little smaller,( not sure if its gonna work for me damn it......)

350x263px-LL-3a6944ea_IMG_0312.jpeg

350x263px-LL-fd289b9b_IMG_0313.jpeg

Some kind of glue on the soles, think someone had glued on a topy or something and took it off, should wear off I think....

350x263px-LL-a79d342a_IMG_0314.jpeg

A new one to me- anyone have an opinion on this brand & quality? Seems similar to Tyrwhitt in quality/construction....

 Roderick Charles,  Jermyn St, my size, keeping for now


350x263px-LL-0a5d2eac_IMG_0309.jpeg
post #40133 of 114427
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlifeman View Post

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Haven't been able to do much on weekdays for a while, but did get a chance to hit up one store today....found a few decent pickups..

 

2 x Vintage BB Golden Fleece 3/2 Roll Suits, FF pants, both extremely good condition, navy has 1 area on collar where seam is separating & will need to be re-sewn

 

1 charcoal stripe 3 piece- Tag 39 R, 18" shoulders, 30" Waist

 

IMG_0306.jpg

 

IMG_0307.jpg

 

IMG_0310.jpg

 

Navy Stripe- Tag 38 R., appx 17.75 shoulders, appx 31" waist

 

IMG_0311.jpg

 

 

Polo Made in Italy perf cap toe monk strap, 8.5 D but fits a little smaller,( not sure if its gonna work for me damn it......)

 

IMG_0312.jpg

 

IMG_0313.jpg

 

Some kind of glue on the soles, think someone had glued on a topy or something and took it off, should wear off I think....

 

IMG_0314.jpg

 

A new one to me- anyone have an opinion on this brand & quality? Seems similar to Tyrwhitt in quality/construction....

 

 Roderick Charles,  Jermyn St, my size, keeping for now

 

 

IMG_0309.jpg

 

 

 

Nice finds, Roderick Charles shirts are a step up from C.T./T.P.

 

That 38R could be right up Brianpore's alley

 

WAY too big, but might work for hyakku although I know he's looking for a solid suit

post #40134 of 114427

Androfan i have a pair of Bruno Maglis monks in 12

post #40135 of 114427

Super light summer weight Mackenzie Tartan Orvis 42L

 

Orvis (1).JPGOrvis (2).JPGOrvis (3).JPG

 

 

Polar opposite,

 

Heaviest Tweed I have found. Super sweet, Harris Tweed for Dunn & Co

Quite possibly the highest quality tweed I have found. 40R

 

Dunn HT (1).JPGDunn HT (2).JPGDunn HT (3).JPGDunn HT (4).JPG


Edited by capnwes - 6/25/12 at 8:41pm
post #40136 of 114427
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Heaviest Tweed I have found. Super sweet, Harris Tweed for Dunn & Co

350x467px-LL-41f09149_DunnHT1.jpegLLLLLL

Almost a replica of my first ever sport coat that I bought with my own self earned money, Age 16 or 17. London. Memories. Sweet.
post #40137 of 114427
Anyone have a refused return from GW?
I bought a pair of jeans that didn't fit/wasn't flipable tried to return it and this girl refused it?
Didn't want to fight over $8 so I told her id just keep it....not even mad right now just disappointed with the store.
post #40138 of 114427
Quote:
Originally Posted by 951socal View Post

Anyone have a refused return from GW?
I bought a pair of jeans that didn't fit/wasn't flipable tried to return it and this girl refused it?
Didn't want to fight over $8 so I told her id just keep it....not even mad right now just disappointed with the store.

Our local GWs give you a week to return for store credit, but after that you are SOL

post #40139 of 114427
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post

 

Nice finds, Roderick Charles shirts are a step up from C.T./T.P.

 

That 38R could be right up Brianpore's alley

Thanks, good to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

 

WAY too big, but might work for hyakku although I know he's looking for a solid suit

 

Thought it might be a little too big for you...

 

Actually, I meant to add in my original post & forgot (sucks getting old...) there were 4 to 5 other BB suits, all from the same donor Im sure so size 38/39, a few were vintage 346 (which I understand is much better quality than today's 346)   and a couple of vintage BB makers, mostly greys, there might of been a solid or two, didnt think there would be much interest, but if anyone is interested and wants me to proxy let me know- probably wouldnt be able to get there for a couple of days though.....

post #40140 of 114427
Quote:
Originally Posted by 951socal View Post

Anyone have a refused return from GW?
I bought a pair of jeans that didn't fit/wasn't flipable tried to return it and this girl refused it?
Didn't want to fight over $8 so I told her id just keep it....not even mad right now just disappointed with the store.

Donate them and ask for a receipt for it, then fill it out as a $100 pair of jeans you donated. In front of her.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread