Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/21/17 at 10:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/15/17 at 2:21pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2673post #40081 of 1387286/25/12 at 3:17pmpost #40082 of 1387286/25/12 at 3:24pmisn't that just JV mainline? i've never seen a runway piece from them, i've only heard of JV mainline and the JV * USA diffusion line.
i know horse's ass found a similar coat a few months back, maybe he knows about the maker.
that said, that is a sweet sweet coat.post #40083 of 1387286/25/12 at 3:34pmQuote:
Mainline = "Runway" LOL Does Varvatos even do a runway show..... I'll shoot Mr. Ass a PM and see if he has more info. This thing is pretty freaking trendy with no breast pocket and the lower front pockets are still shown shut. Thanks.
No internal tag so don't know the material. It feels like a cotton blend, but might be 100% cotton. I am bad with being able to tell by feel (unless its cashmere ).post #40084 of 1387286/25/12 at 3:49pmpost #40085 of 1387286/25/12 at 3:53pmpost #40086 of 1387286/25/12 at 4:07pmpost #40087 of 1387286/25/12 at 4:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Steve Kane
Allen Edmonds shell cordovan 'Leeds. 10.5D
I wish these were my size. They are available for anyone who wants them. PM me.
Look like shells to me and match up with the sometimes correct list & they have the combo heel. I've been wanting a pair of those exact shoes.... in my size
PS - I should read besides just looking at pictures...you said "shell" right in the toppost #40088 of 1387286/25/12 at 4:13pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Brianpore
Damn it. Had an entire post ready to go and then my screen went "back"
Not Savile Row, but not too shabby. John Varvatos "runway" black one button, slanted pockets, very modern. Made in Italy....anyone know who makes Varvatos in Italy? This is not the Varvatos USA crap.
OK, this one is Savile Row Jarvis & Hamilton kick ass HEAVY navy flannel herringbone pattern sport coat. Could almost wear it as a coat. Double breasted peak lapel with ticket pocket (unvented). Great quality obviously.
Last but not least, a nice non-orphan (unless I am totally off) Redish/Brown Check Sport Coat by Hickey Freeman with working button cuffs. Nothing crazy, but nicer then most of the ones I see (and leave).
@Brian: I thought I read somewhere that Lardini made jackets for the mainline collection at some point, however, I could be talking out of my ass.post #40089 of 1387286/25/12 at 4:24pmRe earlier PSA the shirts are almost all standard fit, and the zanellas. et all are almost all pleated. c'mon guys, I'm nice but im not.not drowning in unicorns where.I can be slinging.them. en masse for ~5 a pop. I'm.glad.there was a healthy response. probablyshould've waited awhile to post it. I'm going to be out.of town the next to days. when I return I'm going to type up a.master list of. everything that is available
lable and send.to.everyone who messaged me.post #40090 of 1387286/25/12 at 4:39pm
@SteveKane - nice pickup, welcome to the forum.
Thrifting is weird sometimes. I was just thinking this morning that I've never seen a Charvet shirt in the wild. This afternoon I stumbled upon 5 of them, unfortunately they were all too small for me (15 neck), french cuffed (I'm trying to limit myself here) and $35 each, so I passed. Must have been DM7s leftovers. If anyone in LA is interested I can let you know where they are at.post #40091 of 1387286/25/12 at 4:39pmpost #40092 of 1387286/25/12 at 4:40pmpost #40093 of 1387286/25/12 at 4:40pmQuote:
http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/autumn-winter-2012/mens/john-varvatospost #40094 of 1387286/25/12 at 4:41pm
I did not thrift this, but it was thrifted..... Ended up being tooo small, as I am 99% sure it is a womens.... Any help to confirm. I say womens due to the way it buttons, the tiny tiny size (no vent, 4 buttons, fit) and also I think it says "Mrs" on the name tag... Poole did womens blazers also, right?post #40095 of 1387286/25/12 at 4:41pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 12 seconds ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 16 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 59 seconds ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 2 minutes ago
- › No Man Walks Alone MTO and Pre-Orders Thread (Central Thread for... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway