or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2656

post #39826 of 114463
Been killing it since school got out.

Ties:
261

RLPL, Barneys by Charles Hill Silk, Richard James, Stefano Ricci, Chanel

Shirts:
469

Borrelli, Gucci, Yamato

469

Dolce and Gabbana, Zegna x 2, Hyden Yoo

469

Tincati, Gucci, Alfred Dunhill

Cucinelli Sweater:

469

Shoes:

261

Ducati x Puma, Puma cleats

469

Gucci, Alden

469

RLPL, Brooks Brothers shell cordovan

261

Florsheim, Bally

Florsheim's are awesome. Normally don't pick them up.

261

261

Allen Edmond x 2

469

1913 Harris Dal

Jackets

469

Recent Belvest

469

Recent staple navy Canali with sick buttons.

469

Henry Poole tweed

Suits:

469

Recent Zegna in 15 milmil 15

469

Recent Oxxford

469

Gianluca Isaia

469

469

SAY WUT. MMM 3 PIECE?

To top it all off:

261

Total damage:

~$600.


Passed:
Kiton (they wanted 125), 2 x Brioni (wanted 50), Battistoni (wanted 50), Battistoni suit (wanted 100), pure cashmere Dunhill (had massive hole), countless recent Armani Coll, older Armani black, Zegnas, Paul Smiths.

Not Pictured:
Harris Tweed by Kutler Bros of San Francisco
M. Julian baller ass safari jacket
Suede jacket by Banana Republic
post #39827 of 114463
469
Henry Poole tweed
Suits:
 

Measurements, please?

post #39828 of 114463
Nice haul, bro.
post #39829 of 114463
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicutioner View Post

... but for most situations you can just scoot forward or scoot back and make it work. ...
Ahh... the manual zoom feature!
post #39830 of 114463
Not exactly a thrift question but not a sale thread question either, but does anyone know if marshalls is on a set schedule for when they add stuff to clearance, or when they mark things down further?
post #39831 of 114463
rayxlui: Nice finds!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regg View Post

Not exactly a thrift question but not a sale thread question either, but does anyone know if marshalls is on a set schedule for when they add stuff to clearance, or when they mark things down further?

I talked to a manager at TJ Maxx once who told me they mark ties down after about 8 weeks. Could be different per store and per item type, though.
post #39832 of 114463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regg View Post

Not exactly a thrift question but not a sale thread question either, but does anyone know if marshalls is on a set schedule for when they add stuff to clearance, or when they mark things down further?

 

Marshalls/TMax price tags have the months of the year in the upper right hand corner in a square box. Its usually 2/3 months after an item hits the shelves that it will go for mark down (red Tag). Cleareance happen twice a year as I recall (yellow Tag).  Now, if the item is high dollar (purple tags)/ or sells well it might be double the wait time. Also, in demand seasonal items sometimes take longer to go on sale. (Flip Flops ect...)

 

This item was put out month 17 (Odd year) ( 2011 May)..so it should go on sale in month 19 (July). (two year cycle from even year)

 

P1010021.JPG


Edited by chiron - 6/28/12 at 10:40am
post #39833 of 114463
261
 

 

It would have been real nice if that patek p. was real.


Edited by chiron - 6/23/12 at 8:17am
post #39834 of 114463
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicutioner View Post


it lets a LOT of light in (imagine a cardboard box pinhole camera...this one has a hole with a larger size diameter). that means the sensor doesn't have to be open as long to take the picture. this means several things:
  • if your hand is a bit shaky, that's ok, because it's taking the picture very quickly, so not as much time for the hand shake to affect the picture
  • if your subject is moving around (like a kid on a swing) that's ok, because it's taking the picture very quickly, so not as much time for the kid to become a blur.
  • if you are taking pictures in low light that's ok, because it lets a lot more light in than a normal lens, so everything just comes out better

 

This sounds like it would solve all my problems.  I have messed around with lighting A LOT, but still have had trouble getting great results.  I'm adding this lens to my list of things to get.  

 

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiron View Post

 

This item was put out week 17...so it should go on sale in week 21.

 

P1010021.JPG

If true, that is some valuable information right there.  I did not know that, and I doubt many others did either

post #39835 of 114463

Basically two days of busts. 14 stores and only 4 pairs of cufflinks came home with me.  No Suits, jackets, shirtts, pants, shoes...etc

Oh well, these things happen.

 

Here are the 3 from today. Anyone got the initials P.G and need some 2 tone cufflinks?

Cufflinks.JPG

post #39836 of 114463
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicutioner View Post


it lets a LOT of light in (imagine a cardboard box pinhole camera...this one has a hole with a larger size diameter). that means the sensor doesn't have to be open as long to take the picture. this means several things:
  • if your hand is a bit shaky, that's ok, because it's taking the picture very quickly, so not as much time for the hand shake to affect the picture
  • if your subject is moving around (like a kid on a swing) that's ok, because it's taking the picture very quickly, so not as much time for the kid to become a blur.
  • if you are taking pictures in low light that's ok, because it lets a lot more light in than a normal lens, so everything just comes out better
it's hard to picture (har har) this stuff in the abstract. once you play with a lens like this, you'll understand pretty quickly what it can do. the only drawback is you don't have zoom, but for most situations you can just scoot forward or scoot back and make it work. if you know you're going to be shooting something (like a sporting event) that requires a long zoom, bring that lens instead. to me, the positives of this small, fast, "bright" lens far outweigh the negatives.

 

If you want to spend 2x the cost of your camera body you can get a pro zoom lens that's just as fast as that fixed lens. In the Canon world these are the ones with the white bodies. 

post #39837 of 114463
Quote:
Originally Posted by ick578 View Post

 

This sounds like it would solve all my problems.  I have messed around with lighting A LOT, but still have had trouble getting great results.  I'm adding this lens to my list of things to get.  

 

 

Read this:

 

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/03/lighting-101.html

 

You can get some manual Vivitar flashes for cheap. I just point one up at the ceiling and use that bounce as my diffuser

post #39838 of 114463
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Basically two days of busts. 14 stores and only 4 pairs of cufflinks came home with me.  No Suits, jackets, shirtts, pants, shoes...etc

Oh well, these things happen.

 

Here are the 3 from today. Anyone got the initials P.G and need some 2 tone cufflinks?

Cufflinks.JPG

Bro, that's how I've been for the last week or so...this damn town is so damn dry...But on the flip side, thanks for hooking a brotha up! fistbump.gif

post #39839 of 114463
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiron View Post

Marshalls/TMax price tags have the week of the year in the upper right hand corner in a square box. Its usually 4 weeks after or the end of the month when the item should go on sale. Now, if the item is high dollar (purple tags) it might be double the wait time. Also, in demand seasonal items sometimes take longer to go on sale.

This item was put out week 17...so it should go on sale in week 21.

349x400px-LL-b23a32a9_P1010021.jpeg

Insane inside info that I did not know, but will definitely be used in the future. Many, many thanks!
post #39840 of 114463
234
Your finds always tickle my fancy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayxlui View Post

Been killing it since school got out.

469
469
SAY WUT. MMM 3 PIECE?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread