or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2635

post #39511 of 124309
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBoy View Post


Disagree. Canali if nice and not an orphan would have been a good pickup, Armani could be good for a quick flip if it's cheap and BB made in USA shirts are pretty good as well (although dude doesn't look like a 'relaxed fit' kind of guy from his pic). And of course anything else that falls under the 'It fits, it's for me and I like it' rule.

 

What about these two Canali proposta's I found yesterday?

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

This one seemed a little older (due to the tag), but a pretty sick Lavender (if you like that sort of thing)

IMG_5339.JPGIMG_5340.JPG

 

And this one is newer

IMG_5343.JPGIMG_5344.JPG

 

Both were not my size (but will pick them up if anyone wants them) and unvented so I passed. Just wondering if I made the right choice.

post #39512 of 124309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard Swears View Post

 

What about these two Canali proposta's I found yesterday?

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

This one seemed a little older (due to the tag), but a pretty sick Lavender (if you like that sort of thing)

IMG_5339.JPGIMG_5340.JPG

 

And this one is newer

IMG_5343.JPGIMG_5344.JPG

 

Both were not my size (but will pick them up if anyone wants them) and unvented so I passed. Just wondering if I made the right choice.

You made the right choice. Being unvented and with those very low gorges they're pretty dated. 

post #39513 of 124309
Quote:
Originally Posted by ick578 View Post

Wow, I don't know if Spoo could have gotten that good of a price on that SC worship.gif.  Its gotta be the pictures 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShgek7qV2VELusNYDHzQc2Mtw3VMgCCFNj9f5WoGDUIDKFh9sq-w

 

"That's high praise!"

 

But you're right about the pictures.  I used to just carefully lay everything out on my bedspread and take the pictures from standing on a chair looking down.  After joining SF and getting involved with this thread, a mannequin made more sense.  Either way, Spoo's a professional and has invested the time and energy needed to develop a successful business plan and establish a network of clientele keyed into his product and I'm more of a part-time enthusiast happy to be able to turn a secondhand jacket into a nice sushi dinner for two. Thanks!  fistbump.gif

post #39514 of 124309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoid Jones View Post

But you're right about the pictures.  I used to just carefully lay everything out on my bedspread and take the pictures from standing on a chair looking down.  After joining SF and getting involved with this thread, a mannequin made more sense.  Either way, Spoo's a professional and has invested the time and energy needed to develop a successful business plan and establish a network of clientele keyed into his product and I'm more of a part-time enthusiast happy to be able to turn a secondhand jacket into a nice sushi dinner for two a way to feed my addiction habit wardrobe upgrades. Thanks!  

+1 to literally all of this, except FTFY and Me.
post #39515 of 124309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoid Jones View Post

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShgek7qV2VELusNYDHzQc2Mtw3VMgCCFNj9f5WoGDUIDKFh9sq-w

 

"That's high praise!"

 

But you're right about the pictures.  I used to just carefully lay everything out on my bedspread and take the pictures from standing on a chair looking down.  After joining SF and getting involved with this thread, a mannequin made more sense.  Either way, Spoo's a professional and has invested the time and energy needed to develop a successful business plan and establish a network of clientele keyed into his product and I'm more of a part-time enthusiast happy to be able to turn a secondhand jacket into a nice sushi dinner for two. Thanks!  fistbump.gif

+1, I take my wife for sushi every week or two with my ebay money. It's the only way she will put up with the madness insanity.

 

This was from Friday's sushi trip...by the way, this place is right next door to my favorite thrift store too....BONUS

Sushi.JPG

 

Hungry yet??

post #39516 of 124309

Now why did you have to go and post such a delicious looking meal? Now I have to get some sushi...

post #39517 of 124309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard Swears View Post

Now why did you have to go and post such a delicious looking meal? Now I have to get some sushi...

devil.gif Works every time

post #39518 of 124309

It's been a couple days since I found any, and I was beginning to worry the streak was over. BUT have no fear, 4 pairs collected today. All available... as is the entire collection. Must be 125-150 pairs now.

 

Links.JPG

post #39519 of 124309
This was from ebay, but could hardly have been cheaper in any physical store:

Swiss cotton pocket square with a print of the half timbered Tudor style flagship of Liberty. Square was in its original wrapper, unworn. About 50 or 60 years old.

263
post #39520 of 124309
Quote:
Originally Posted by mack11211 View Post

This was from ebay, but could hardly have been cheaper in any physical store:
Swiss cotton pocket square with a print of the half timbered Tudor style flagship of Liberty. Square was in its original wrapper, unworn. About 50 or 60 years old. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

263

 

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #39521 of 124309
Picked up some stuff today, vintage crushed velvet jacket, black, dual vented, ticket pocket, fits like a glove and has a cool crimson liner. Dior scarf, Dorfman Pacific beaver homburg, dirty but should clean up nicely, my size.Old baseball glove, looks to be from the 40's. L.L. Bean telescope. Pioneer receiver that works for $8.00! And has the phono function! A bunch of records, and I think that's it. Oh some Murry's Toggery Shop Nantuckett Reds. Faded to the perfect salmon color. Sorry no pics, I'll post some as soon as my computer is working again.
post #39522 of 124309
Oh, and a set of antique copper nesting containers. Flour, sugar, coffee, tea.
post #39523 of 124309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoid Jones View Post

 

^^^ Based on some of these prices, why don't you just keep them?  They could be something nice that you put on a jacket for yourself or perhaps you could give them as a set to your son or nephew upon some sort of a life-related milestone.

 

Or you could hold out to be the last civilized man in a post-apocalyptic world.  Imagine yourself using a small pocket knife with a handle inlaid with mother of pearl to casually cut a single cuff button off your sleeve to pay for hot food while the rest of us fight to the death over dented canned goods in the ruins of a supermarket.  Think about it.  smile.gif

 

I like the imagery. As I hand over the button for the can of spam, Spoo will pop out of the corner and tell me he could have gotten me "Two" cans of Spam......

post #39524 of 124309

Had a pretty decent last few days.

 

 

I've never owned any shell so please correct me if I'm wrong, but there weren't any wrinkles anywhere just the creases.

Hanover Shell Cordovan Longwings combination last 10 1/2 D/B

SDC10312.JPG

 

 

Some really good condition Dr. Martens. I wasn't really planning on keeping them for myself when I bought them but after wearing them around the house I realized they fit me almost perfectly. So still undecided what to do with these.

SDC10313.JPG

 

RRL shirt. Really wish this one fit. L

SDC10320.JPG

 

 

 

Saks Fifth Avenue made in Italy wool sweater. A bit small for me.

SDC10322.JPG

 

 

And then something that comes with a few questions.

NWT Belleville Women's Combat Boots sz 5

SDC10319.JPG

 

I bought these because I had a 30% off and because they were NWT but I have no idea if these will even sell. Ebay completed listings are really hit and miss so I was wondering if anyone knew anything about these/ if anyone would want to buy them. They sell new online for about $175 but it doesn't seem like the kind of thing you would look to buy on ebay. There were actually 3 pairs of the things in the store but at $30 a pop (w/o discount) I didn't really want to take a chance. Any help here?

 

Also picked up a bunch of J. Crew shirts for my brother but won't bother with any pictures of those

post #39525 of 124309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stissius View Post

And then something that comes with a few questions.

NWT Belleville Women's Combat Boots sz 5

SDC10319.JPG

 

I bought these because I had a 30% off and because they were NWT but I have no idea if these will even sell. Ebay completed listings are really hit and miss so I was wondering if anyone knew anything about these/ if anyone would want to buy them. They sell new online for about $175 but it doesn't seem like the kind of thing you would look to buy on ebay. There were actually 3 pairs of the things in the store but at $30 a pop (w/o discount) I didn't really want to take a chance. Any help here?

 

Also picked up a bunch of J. Crew shirts for my brother but won't bother with any pictures of those

 

Not too much info, other than I have a pair that I got for work when I doing some research with the army. We had to have steel toe boots, so they bought them for me from the supply store on base. I never really ended up using them tho, I should probably sell them...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread