or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2584

post #38746 of 109271
Finds over the past month, just got around to doing the pictures (all of which will be on ebay spam[1].gif!):

Truzzi Shirt
234
234

Isaia Shirt
234
234

New Longchamp Leather Laptop Bag with Tags and Dust Bag
234
234

Alden Loafers
234
234

NWT Suit with Zegna Cloth
525
234

3 Piece YSL Tweed Suit
525
234

Ralph Lauren Purple Label Suit
525
234
post #38747 of 109271
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

Snatch! Guy Richie's gangster films went down hill after that...

Snatch and Lock Stock had some enjoyable moments. Layer Cake may have been Guy Richie's best film though.
post #38748 of 109271

It's been a very dry couple of weeks. I went to just about 10 stores today and only found a Harris Tweed SC and a Zegna shirt.

 

Through out the last 2 weeks, I passed on a whole bunch of stuff either they didn't fit right, or they were poorly constructed, or they weren't aesthetically pleasing.

 

Pass

 

181466_10151039568045466_1931291456_n.jpg

 

Pass

182852_10151039567445466_1742160846_n.jpg

Pass

550410_10151039569150466_180863853_n.jpg

Pass

556906_10151039569580466_2040658968_n.jpg

W.W. Chan & Sons! Wow! Rare! Pass...

564798_10151039568575466_392520568_n.jpg

Pass

527569_10151050192040466_1713810040_n.jpg

600287_10151039566810466_1951520163_n.jpg

Pass

479710_10151039570145466_1005711581_n.jpg

Pass

269306_10151050191635466_1734450564_n.jpg

 

The good news is I got my very first Canali jacket from ebay. Fully canvassed. No vents. I might of over paid for it...I can't help but to get the strange feeling the seller is a SF thrifter...The seller forgot to mention It's a s120 Loro Piana. I was pleasantly surprised! Although it's an orphan, I still dig it. This thing fits me like a glove so not available.

 

DSCF9824.JPG

DSCF9825.JPG

DSCF9829.JPG

DSCF9826.JPG

DSCF9827.JPG

DSCF9828.JPG

DSCF9830.JPG

 

Zegna shirt. 15.5/33 not available. Nice thick cotton. Double cuffs.

DSCF9831.JPG

DSCF9832.JPG

2 Harris Tweed SCs

DSCF9833.JPG

DSCF9834.JPG

DSCF9835.JPG

269320_10151035585615466_703070482_n.jpg

EPIC!

post #38749 of 109271
Canali is decent, yup, real decent. Shame there are no pants with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

LL
EPIC!

Sega does what Nintendont. Does that make me a nerd for remembering that Genesis advert?
post #38750 of 109271

Straight from the dreamatorium we have today's finds... These are all before cleaning of any sort.

 

 

Slippers/pimp shoes. UK10 so really 10.5 US. Lesson learned from these - always check the women's shoes. I remembered the post a few weeks ago of a similar slipper in black with bows, and after the first two finds I figured I was on a roll... May as well scan the ladies section quickly and boom, immediately laid eyes on these.

_MG_8531.jpg

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

_MG_8534.jpg

 

Most of this can be cleaned off I think.

_MG_8533.jpg

471's... One of these days I'll find shell in the wild.

_MG_8538.jpg

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

What vintage is this logo?

_MG_8536.jpg

 

_MG_8537.jpg

 

The most marked up areas... Should clean up pretty easily.

_MG_8540.jpg

 

Foot Balance last... For comfort? For great justice?

_MG_8542.jpg

 

Textuuuured

_MG_8543.jpg

 

This will be getting cross-posted to the SW thrifting thread... So when I found these, I looked up Visvim and paint splatter, and a few pairs of theirs with a finishing effect like that came up. This pair, however, is not one of them. Let me just say that, shy of the splatter, these are badass boots. Really nice construction and materials throughout.

 

The Visvim Whymper size 10

_MG_8544.jpg

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

They really managed to get paint on every surface available... Anyone ever tackle a cleanup of this magnitude? Did I mention these originally sold for north of $1000?

_MG_8545.jpg

 

Goodyear welt sewn to a replaceable vibram sole...

_MG_8546.jpg

 

Hardly worn at all, will clean up real nice if I don't return them.

_MG_8549.jpg

 

What say you folks... The suede is screwed right? Are the Aldens strictly a Keyser Soze model?

post #38751 of 109271
Holy shit!
post #38752 of 109271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Abed View Post

Straight from the dreamatorium we have today's finds... These are all before cleaning of any sort.

 

 

Slippers/pimp shoes. UK10 so really 10.5 US. Lesson learned from these - always check the women's shoes. I remembered the post a few weeks ago of a similar slipper in black with bows, and after the first two finds I figured I was on a roll... May as well scan the ladies section quickly and boom, immediately laid eyes on these.

_MG_8531.jpg

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

_MG_8534.jpg

 

Most of this can be cleaned off I think.

_MG_8533.jpg

471's... One of these days I'll find shell in the wild.

_MG_8538.jpg

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

What vintage is this logo?

_MG_8536.jpg

 

_MG_8537.jpg

 

The most marked up areas... Should clean up pretty easily.

_MG_8540.jpg

 

Foot Balance last... For comfort? For great justice?

_MG_8542.jpg

 

Textuuuured

_MG_8543.jpg

 

This will be getting cross-posted to the SW thrifting thread... So when I found these, I looked up Visvim and paint splatter, and a few pairs of theirs with a finishing effect like that came up. This pair, however, is not one of them. Let me just say that, shy of the splatter, these are badass boots. Really nice construction and materials throughout.

 

The Visvim Whymper size 10

_MG_8544.jpg

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

They really managed to get paint on every surface available... Anyone ever tackle a cleanup of this magnitude? Did I mention these originally sold for north of $1000?

_MG_8545.jpg

 

Goodyear welt sewn to a replaceable vibram sole...

_MG_8546.jpg

 

Hardly worn at all, will clean up real nice if I don't return them.

_MG_8549.jpg

 

What say you folks... The suede is screwed right? Are the Aldens strictly a Keyser Soze model?

 

Nice finds. 

 

Returning those visvims would be worse than the barbour ammo bag fiasco...

 

And wait... are you thrifting in LA without contacting me?  

post #38753 of 109271
Those are like two zillion dollar boots, man. DO NOT RETURN!
post #38754 of 109271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Abed View Post

What say you folks... The suede is screwed right? Are the Aldens strictly a Keyser Soze model?

alden whore checking in:
  • trubalance last = gets the panties wet.
  • foot balance last = you wet your panties. alone. on the bus.

i know that some of the orthopedic lasts (especally the modified last) are gold-plated gold to japanese buyers, but usually only in small sizes. size 11, i dunno.
post #38755 of 109271
Don't even try to clean them. Someone will prefer them in their current condition. Pretty fucking sick boots. Any chance they fit like a big 10.5/small 11? shog[1].gif
post #38756 of 109271
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter7 View Post

 

Nice finds. 

 

Returning those visvims would be worse than the barbour ammo bag fiasco...

 

And wait... are you thrifting in LA without contacting me?  

Haha, understood. Yeah man, been up there a bit, in one centralized area. I'll hit you up next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobizor View Post

Those are like two zillion dollar boots, man. DO NOT RETURN!

They shall stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicutioner View Post


alden whore checking in:
  • trubalance last = gets the panties wet.
  • foot balance last = you wet your panties. alone. on the bus.
i know that some of the orthopedic lasts (especally the modified last) are gold-plated gold to japanese buyers, but usually only in small sizes. size 11, i dunno.

Quote of the day ladies and gentlemen. Good to know. It's funny how I know better than to buy just for the brand, but for some reason that went out the window with these.

post #38757 of 109271
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobizor View Post

Those are like two zillion dollar boots, man. DO NOT RETURN!

They're so ugly though.
post #38758 of 109271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobber View Post

Canali is decent, yup, real decent. Shame there are no pants with that.
Sega does what Nintendont. Does that make me a nerd for remembering that Genesis advert?

Hell yes! Vintage video games nerds are so in! There are tons of vintage video games enthusiasts and revivalists on the inter-web who are gaining world wide attention starting with this guy.

 

Jrolfe_avgn1.jpg

post #38759 of 109271
Quote:
Originally Posted by horse's_ass View Post

various oddities by that wonderful asshole robert graham

If anyone were to ever write a book about this thread, and the thrift/ebay flip game, this would be the perfect title.
post #38760 of 109271
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

If anyone were to ever write a book about this thread, and the thrift/ebay flip game, this would be the perfect title.

Also a working title for an autobiography of founder Robert Stock.

This is a highlight from his biography on his site:

In the beginning of Stock’s extensive career in fashion design, he met and became friends with Ralph Lauren — a fellow fashion designer in the start of his career and fellow New York City native. A creative partnership was inevitable, and together they launched Ralph Lauren’s highly successful Chaps collection.

Bold indicates my favorite parts.

Next thing I will discover is that he's the creative genius behind Stafford and Kenneth Cole Reaction. Furthermore, he drew up the budget for the USPS.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread