or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2581

post #38701 of 114839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Abed View Post

and crazy visvim hiking boots

wow.gif

Did you say Visvim?
post #38702 of 114839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Abed View Post

LA's been good to me once again, this time in shoeville. One store visited, aldens, trickers velvet slippers, and crazy visvim hiking boots been had. Pics after traffic.

lurker[1].gif <---- 9.5D in the barrie last

which way you headed? east, north or south?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobber View Post

I pick up my TP used uhoh.gif

eh.gif
post #38703 of 114839
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Unfortunately unlike Harris Tweed, Donegal is not a protected name. Anyone can call whatever they make Donegal tweed, and many Chinese manufacturers have been. One actual Irish weaver in Donegal to look out for is Magee. Their tweed is very nice (I like it better than almost all the Harris Tweed I've seen). Unfortunately it doesn't flip as well as Harris, but if you're looking for yourself it's good quality.

I found a Magee Donegal tweed months ago and couldn't flip it. Gorgeous, really recent, and in phenomenal condition. I would have worn that shit out of it too had it been my size.
467

In other news, picked up recent PRL and J.McLaughlin ties. Also, scored a new job, where I'll be making a lot more money. Maybe now I can actually buy some stuff from you guys instead of simply lusting at my computer screen.
post #38704 of 114839
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyakku View Post

My man icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Really wish you were a 40R so I could bless you with this pick up yesterday, but trust when I say you'll have some fire gear along with my cash for looking out for me in the very near future.
Also, was in a rush this morning as I forgot I was headed to DC for the day to visit another office. Can't really complain since I'm blessed to be at this job which has given me so much crazy exposure to big law before even joining LS, but in my rush out I forgot to snap pictures of yesterday's find. I was going to wait until I took it to the cleaners as there is a small mark I'm 99.999% certain will come out and I didn't want to mess up a nice jacket just taking a wet towel to it, but just to hint, it ends in neliani and is from quite a sartorial line biggrin.gif. Only looking to proxy it to someone or trade, not looking to profit. Promise I'll get pics up tonight when I'm back from DC.
Since it looks like cat, mex, jp and a bunch of others that have hooked it recently aren't a 39-40 R someone better come out of the woodworks. I'll take some measurements Grendel but I doubt it'll fit if you can make a 42R work. Spool you're a 40 aren't you?

I am, but remind me whats going on here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyakku View Post

God damnit I need to get bigger faster. All the best stuff is for the 40R guys -_-
I'll get measurements and pics later as well Grendel. If you, spoo or nataku can't fit it the list is starting to get smaller and smaller of who I can offer it to.

Um, remind me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GHo View Post

FREE BROOKS BROTHERS JACKET IF ANYONE IS INTEREST. Just shoot me $10 for shipping. Seems to be thrift find from hell - if you plan to sell on ebay, don't bother. Prefer it to go to someone who won't neg me, file a claim, or be an non payer like the last 5 times I tried to sell it.


FTFY
post #38705 of 114839

Had a few finds. Still new though, so let me know if anything is licensed crap or diffusion line or just plain junk.

 

 

Florsheim Imperials 9 1/2 C

SDC10225.JPG

 

 

AE captoes, need some laces 11D

SDC10238.JPG

 

French Shriners, really soft leather 12M

SDC10288.JPG

 

 

Bruno Magli made in Italy 12 I think it says M

SDC10296.JPG

 

Side note: Where to buy cheap shoe trees? I feel like I'm doing these shoes a disservice by letting them go without some.

 

 

HF Sportcoat ( I guess, couldn't find any pants)

Single Vent, LP super 120's 46R

SDC10251.JPG

 

More pictures (Click to show)

SDC10254.JPG

SDC10300.JPG

HF Suit single vent 44R pants are 36 waist

SDC10258.JPG

More Pictures (Click to show)

SDC10260.JPG

SDC10268.JPG

Brioni for Neiman Marcus 16 1/2 neck 42 chest

SDC10274.JPG

Label (Click to show)


SDC10272.JPG

 

Then I found this Burberry London Tie with tags. It says 100% silk but it feels really bulky and coarse (not to mention ugly imo). Would a fake have tags on it or is it just how these ties are made?

SDC10285.JPG 

 

Just let me know if you want more pictures/measurements 

post #38706 of 114839
1YMAB.jpg*



Oh -- I just been had the motherlode or tiny motherlode of dead stock unbranded Lands End polos, size Large. Colors including Midnight, British Racing Green, Desert Caravan, Lemon Souffle, and Alaskan Kodiak Bear Droppings #2 can been had for cheeep.









*Artist's rendering
post #38707 of 114839
^ In there.
post #38708 of 114839
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty long legs View Post


I found a Magee Donegal tweed months ago and couldn't flip it. Gorgeous, really recent, and in phenomenal condition. I would have worn that shit out of it too had it been my size.
467
In other news, picked up recent PRL and J.McLaughlin ties. Also, scored a new job, where I'll be making a lot more money. Maybe now I can actually buy some stuff from you guys instead of simply lusting at my computer screen.

What size? 

post #38709 of 114839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stissius View Post

Had a few finds. Still new though, so let me know if anything is licensed crap or diffusion line or just plain junk.

 

 

Florsheim Imperials 9 1/2 C

SDC10225.JPG

 

 

AE captoes, need some laces 11D

SDC10238.JPG

 

French Shriners, really soft leather 12M

SDC10288.JPG

 

 

Bruno Magli made in Italy 12 I think it says M

SDC10296.JPG

 

Side note: Where to buy cheap shoe trees? I feel like I'm doing these shoes a disservice by letting them go without some.

 

 

HF Sportcoat ( I guess, couldn't find any pants)

Single Vent, LP super 120's 46R

SDC10251.JPG

 

More pictures (Click to show)

SDC10254.JPG

SDC10300.JPG

HF Suit single vent 44R pants are 36 waist

SDC10258.JPG

More Pictures (Click to show)

SDC10260.JPG

SDC10268.JPG

Brioni for Neiman Marcus 16 1/2 neck 42 chest

SDC10274.JPG

Label (Click to show)


SDC10272.JPG

 

Then I found this Burberry London Tie with tags. It says 100% silk but it feels really bulky and coarse (not to mention ugly imo). Would a fake have tags on it or is it just how these ties are made?

SDC10285.JPG

 

Just let me know if you want more pictures/measurements 

 

Well done on all of it. Nice haul!

post #38710 of 114839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stissius View Post

 

French Shriners, really soft leather 12M

SDC10288.JPG

 

 


 

Side note: Where to buy cheap shoe trees? I feel like I'm doing these shoes a disservice by letting them go without some.


HF Suit single vent 44R pants are 36 waist

SDC10258.JPG

 

$(KGrHqUOKpQE0U0uCNQBBN(YQ8Ov2Q~~_35-1.JPG

 

they arent quite the walnut strands I was looking for but my wedding rehearsal dinner is t-minus 4 weeks!

 

GET AT ME!

 

also good luck with the shoe trees - I found 7 pairs one day and haven't found any in 2 months since.

 

 

SIDE NOTE:

 

WHERE THE HELL IS EAZYE - HE HIT A NICE STREAK AND IS AFK NOWZ

post #38711 of 114839
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyakku View Post

^^ Bro, you clearly are still a rook. Who pays full price for TP anymore? Start hitting the good spots during the week and pick up some QUALITY TP.

I get my TP at the courthouse. Easy to yank the roll free from the plastic dispenser, and they never search you on the way out. Around here, it's still two-ply--I'm guessing they got some kind of stimulus from the feds to sustain the love. GW, OTOH, has that translucent, can-read-a-newspaper-through-it crap (no pun intended). Can't get more than 1.5 squares before it tears, which is why I hate taking a dump at GW. Gotta say, though, it's a smart move for a thrift store to stock the crapper with emergency-only TP.
post #38712 of 114839
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBoy View Post

Thrift Fit: College Student On His Way To Artsy Reception Edition, aka Ooh, Free Wine!

Untitled.jpg


Jacket - PRL (courtesy of mainy)
Tie - Lee Allison (courtesy of me)
Shirt - shall go nameless
Trousers / stain magnets - Horst, discount store
Toilet paper - full price at Shoppers

I hate to hate, but hopefully it will be constructive criticism.

sports coat + khakis frown.gif with french cuffs frown.giffrown.gif with odd shaped pocket square and fat tie frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

props for posting though, no shame in it, better than I would have done in college nod[1].gif
post #38713 of 114839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regg View Post


I hate to hate, but hopefully it will be constructive criticism.
sports coat + khakis frown.gif with french cuffs frown.giffrown.gif with odd shaped pocket square and fat tie frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif
props for posting though, no shame in it, better than I would have done in college nod[1].gif


Speaking of this, is there some sort of rule associated with French cuffs w/o a SC or suit at all? Snagged a sweeeet CT shirt pink w/ blue windowpane today and was gonna rock it w/o SC tomorrow.

post #38714 of 114839

Jos. A Bank is a decent place to get shoe trees. Their trees are the nice ones with the full heel. Wait till they have their buy 2 get 1 free deal or something. 

post #38715 of 114839
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post

I get my TP at the courthouse. Easy to yank the roll free from the plastic dispenser, and they never search you on the way out.



bE7Tm.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread