or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2574

post #38596 of 121963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobber View Post

Personally I would have wrote:
Hi,
I am glad you received the bag, that at least gives me confidence that I know your address is really your residence. It is a 800 mile drive for me, but I reckon 12 hours I could be there anytime, day or night.
Yours sincerely,
"Your worst enemy"
Only kidding, but looking for something Chilling and Creepy.

Priceless.

Or something like "I'll be accompanied by my Coach Authentication Expert, Mad Max. What's for dinner?"
post #38597 of 121963
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Thrift fit from today... First day back from the tailor for the PRL made in Italy khaki suit from Cotton Dockers

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

IMG_1670.jpg

 

IMG_1671.jpg

 

PRL made in Italy by Corneliani suit from Cotton Dockers

PRL linen tie from bytor13m, actually more medium pink than the red it looks here

CT light blue shirt from Henry Boogers

Green seersucker pocketsquare from The Cordial Churchman 

 

Not sure about the pocket square... I thought it set off against the pink tie, but maybe it didn't work

What's up with the expression in this one? Did five fingers guy drop a duece before you came in?

 

EDIT: Just realized that's probably your bathroom at home, so I won't ask.


Edited by capnwes - 6/13/12 at 5:47am
post #38598 of 121963
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

What's up with the expression in this one? Did five fingers guy drop a duece before you came in?

 

lol8[1].gif No, this is back at my house after work. Dunno... Feels weird taking your picture in your mirror.

 

I kept trying to find the bathroom unoccupied but the five fingers guy was camped in a stall twice yesterday afternoon. It makes me sad that people think it's okay to wear those things with chinos to work and nobody has either told him otherwise or fired his ass. 

post #38599 of 121963
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

 

lol8%5B1%5D.gif No, this is back at my house after work. Dunno... Feels weird taking your picture in your mirror.

 

I kept trying to find the bathroom unoccupied but the five fingers guy was camped in a stall twice yesterday afternoon. It makes me sad that people think it's okay to wear those things with chinos to work and nobody has either told him otherwise or fired his ass. 

I actually have a pair of similar footwear. I bought them to climb the Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica a few weeks ago. Never would think to wear them in public other than poolside, or maybe even kayaking or something.

post #38600 of 121963
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

I actually have a pair of similar footwear. I bought them to climb the Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica a few weeks ago. Never would think to wear them in public other than poolside, or maybe even kayaking or something.

 

I have a pair I tried out (didn't work for me) but even before I bothered trying to dress nicely I wouldn't have worn them to work.

post #38601 of 121963
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

 

I have a pair I tried out (didn't work for me) but even before I bothered trying to dress nicely I wouldn't have worn them to work.

Yeah, I'm not particularly fond of them either, but they provide a bit more support for my afflicted feet than the standard aqua sock.

post #38602 of 121963

My finds of the past week. I'll be able to post fit pics this weekend.

 

Lindeberg shirt and Etro blazer/sportcoat. I'm not sure that I've ever found a good shirt that hadn't been lost at the cleaner's by its (deceased) owner. The blazer was just a lucky find. Side-vented, 40R and slim as anything in solid charcoal. It might even be too slim for me at 5'10", 160, so you can PM me if you're really interested.

 

100_2725.JPG

 

100_2726.JPG

 

And the Zegna Trofeo suit that I picked up at the consignment shop last week. Someone posted a few days ago saying that Trofeo fabric has the hand of tarpaper. Even from my horrible bedspread pics you can tell that there's a lot of slick in this thing:

 

100_2727.JPG

 

100_2728.JPG

And another consignment Brioni in wool and mohair. I'm not 100% sold on it, but I can't take it back.

 

100_2729.JPG

 

100_2730.JPG

 

Finally, I've had this BB shirt for way too long. It's NWOT, and it's free (just pay shipping) to anyone who wants it. 15.5/33, French cuffs, wild summery fabric woven, proudly, in Italy. I'm sure that I can send it from Canada for less than $15.

 

100_2731.JPG

post #38603 of 121963
Quote:
Originally Posted by catside View Post

Cheaneys for Hyakku, before any teatment; $10.60, GW. Passed a same size, similar, brown Italian made Bally because I had similar Ferragamos and he asked black.
467

My man icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Really wish you were a 40R so I could bless you with this pick up yesterday, but trust when I say you'll have some fire gear along with my cash for looking out for me in the very near future.

Also, was in a rush this morning as I forgot I was headed to DC for the day to visit another office. Can't really complain since I'm blessed to be at this job which has given me so much crazy exposure to big law before even joining LS, but in my rush out I forgot to snap pictures of yesterday's find. I was going to wait until I took it to the cleaners as there is a small mark I'm 99.999% certain will come out and I didn't want to mess up a nice jacket just taking a wet towel to it, but just to hint, it ends in neliani and is from quite a sartorial line biggrin.gif. Only looking to proxy it to someone or trade, not looking to profit. Promise I'll get pics up tonight when I'm back from DC.

Since it looks like cat, mex, jp and a bunch of others that have hooked it recently aren't a 39-40 R someone better come out of the woodworks. I'll take some measurements Grendel but I doubt it'll fit if you can make a 42R work. Spool you're a 40 aren't you?
post #38604 of 121963
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyakku View Post


My man icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Really wish you were a 40R so I could bless you with this pick up yesterday, but trust when I say you'll have some fire gear along with my cash for looking out for me in the very near future.
Also, was in a rush this morning as I forgot I was headed to DC for the day to visit another office. Can't really complain since I'm blessed to be at this job which has given me so much crazy exposure to big law before even joining LS, but in my rush out I forgot to snap pictures of yesterday's find. I was going to wait until I took it to the cleaners as there is a small mark I'm 99.999% certain will come out and I didn't want to mess up a nice jacket just taking a wet towel to it, but just to hint, it ends in neliani and is from quite a sartorial line biggrin.gif. Only looking to proxy it to someone or trade, not looking to profit. Promise I'll get pics up tonight when I'm back from DC.
Since it looks like cat, mex, jp and a bunch of others that have hooked it recently aren't a 39-40 R someone better come out of the woodworks. I'll take some measurements Grendel but I doubt it'll fit if you can make a 42R work. Spool you're a 40 aren't you?

 

Well, I'm a 41R mostly, but some 40R's work. Depends on the cut. If it's bordering on 39-40 then it's probably too small. 

post #38605 of 121963
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticfoodie View Post

ScreenShot2012-06-12at85811PM.png

 

^^^ This looks like the surface of Mars to me.

 

Also in the news... a successful trade with 330CK for a tweed he's been eyeing for a while.  I scored this in return:

 

P1080205.JPG

 

^^^ Italian made Polo by Ralph Lauren 40% silk, 35% flax, 25% virgin wool three-button double-vented herringbone sport coat w/ 3 patch pockets 40 R. 

 

P1080200.JPG

 

P1080222.JPG

 

^^^ Who makes this?  Corneliani?

post #38606 of 121963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoid Jones View Post

 

^^^ This looks like the surface of Mars to me.

 

Also in the news... a successful trade with 330CK for a tweed he's been eyeing for a while.  I scored this in return:

 

P1080205.JPG

 

^^^ Italian made Polo by Ralph Lauren 40% silk, 35% flax, 25% virgin wool three-button double-vented herringbone sport coat w/ 3 patch pockets 40 R. 

 

P1080200.JPG

 

P1080222.JPG

 

^^^ Who makes this?  Corneliani?

 

That's gorgeous. The tag doesn't look like Corneliani to me. 

post #38607 of 121963
God damnit I need to get bigger faster. All the best stuff is for the 40R guys -_-

I'll get measurements and pics later as well Grendel. If you, spoo or nataku can't fit it the list is starting to get smaller and smaller of who I can offer it to.
post #38608 of 121963
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyakku View Post


My man icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Really wish you were a 40R so I could bless you with this pick up yesterday, but trust when I say you'll have some fire gear along with my cash for looking out for me in the very near future.
Also, was in a rush this morning as I forgot I was headed to DC for the day to visit another office. Can't really complain since I'm blessed to be at this job which has given me so much crazy exposure to big law before even joining LS, but in my rush out I forgot to snap pictures of yesterday's find. I was going to wait until I took it to the cleaners as there is a small mark I'm 99.999% certain will come out and I didn't want to mess up a nice jacket just taking a wet towel to it, but just to hint, it ends in neliani and is from quite a sartorial line biggrin.gif. Only looking to proxy it to someone or trade, not looking to profit. Promise I'll get pics up tonight when I'm back from DC.
Since it looks like cat, mex, jp and a bunch of others that have hooked it recently aren't a 39-40 R someone better come out of the woodworks. I'll take some measurements Grendel but I doubt it'll fit if you can make a 42R work. Spool you're a 40 aren't you?

 

^^^ I can come out of the woodwork if the chest measurement is 40" around or smaller and the sleeves are 24" or longer...  mwink[1].gif

post #38609 of 121963
Yesterday was another shirt day. I could not find any decent suits or jackets to save my life. I passed on some orphan Cornelianis and a Oxxford emperors cashmere SC that someone had harvested the buttons from. I did get to fondle a 100% cashmere Kiton jacket at TJ Maxx that was down to $939.

A Hamilton from Sep 06' and Domenico Vacca forgive the wrinkles they were bought at my first stop of a long day(I could probably let the Hamilton go its somewhere around a 16 1/2, the Vacca is staying with me for now) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
DSC_1264.jpg

A pair of Paul Smith made in Italy pants, they feel well made but the tagged size is M which is making me feel like they might be fake. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
DSC_1272.jpg

I'm not holding on to any of these shirts so if anyone see something they might want let me know
top row: recent Gitman tagged L, mint Polo regent fit tateralls 16/34
bottom: Hilditch & Key french cuff 16 1/2 41, vintage madras M, LL Bean Signature L Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
DSC_1266.jpg

top row: all Armani
bottom: two Armani two Zegna Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
DSC_1270.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
DSC_1271.jpg

and then these read'em and weep Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
7 Robert Grahams
DSC_1265.jpg
post #38610 of 121963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Preacher View Post
and then these read'em and weep
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
7 Robert Grahams
DSC_1265.jpg

 

Nice! That's some good eBay currency right there

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread