or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2505

post #37561 of 134372
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveoly View Post

Awesome finds as of late guys!
If anyone needs a proxy for some of the finest Sean John, Stafford, and Nautica goods, please let me know. Omaha is peppered with such treasures.
K - back to my lurking.
Steve

+1,000,000

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I'll throw in VanHeusen and Croft and Barrow in there too.

shog[1].gif
post #37562 of 134372
I got chaps and haggar covered out here
post #37563 of 134372
Bullock and Jones Navy Summerweight suit. Available. Tagged 42R, but fits more like a 42L. Split vented, 2 button,Made in Italy. 98% cotton; 2% elasten. Has a nice euro cut.
bnjsuit.jpg
bnjsuit2.jpg
Measuremnts: 22" pit to pit (layed flat) 31.5 length bottom of collar to end of coat 25" sleeve length (shoulder seam to end of sleeve) 19.5" shoulder 35" pants waist (you have 1.5 more to let out.) 29" pants inseam, crotch to end of cuff; (you have 1 to 1.5" more to let out). I seriously thought about keeping this suit, but I would have to shorten it, which I understand is an expensive alteration with mixed results.
post #37564 of 134372
Shit, I guess I can provide all the arrow shirts one could ever need too.
post #37565 of 134372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedric View Post

Samuelsohn Sport coats
Do
Made in 2004 - 50% silk, 50% linen
Double vented
467
263
467
100% Silk, with the more recent Samuelsohn tag
Double vented, tagged 45R
467
sorry for crappy Iphone pics.

 

These are awesome. Wish they were my size. Probably better that they're not lol8[1].gif

 

Went away for the weekend and had to go through like 6 pages of stuff.

post #37566 of 134372
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter7 View Post

PSA:  Mainy just listed a ton of my backlogged items.

And by a ton, I mean like 100 items, mostly at 99 cent auctions, or reasonably BINs

Damn DM7, those Bastian pants should be gone quick.
post #37567 of 134372
I'd say hat looks a lot like this current Lock offering:

http://www.lockhatters.co.uk/Chester-details.aspx
post #37568 of 134372
Wording on hat probably says "St. James's Street." I was thinking Jermyn because I know St. James's is near Jermyn and I was privileged in being able to walk around Jermyn in 2007.
post #37569 of 134372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafont View Post

I'd say hat looks a lot like this current Lock offering:

Yeawf.png


Go to her...

laugh.gif
post #37570 of 134372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafont View Post

Wording on hat probably says "St. James's Street." I was thinking Jermyn because I know St. James's is near Jermyn and I was privileged in being able to walk around Jermyn in 2007.

 

Seriously, if you're obsessing about it this much, is $20 really that big a deal? Does what we say it's worth or what eBay listings show for resale value really matter if it's something you really want? 

post #37571 of 134372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmorris View Post

Shit, I guess I can provide all the arrow shirts one could ever need too.

i picked up a light blue gingahm cotton-polyester blend short sleeve for $5 frown.gif
post #37572 of 134372
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveoly View Post

Awesome finds as of late guys!
If anyone needs a proxy for some of the finest Sean John, Stafford, and Nautica goods, please let me know. Omaha is peppered with such treasures.
K - back to my lurking.
Steve

+1,000,000

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I'll throw in VanHeusen and Croft and Barrow in there too.

shog[1].gif

 

 

I actually really really want a lighter color (light light gray / dark tan?) 36S suit if anyone comes across a cheap decent quality one. Any of the above mentioned brands would be fine if OK looking. Shoulders 17" or smaller. Have a beach wedding and dont really want to wear my solid dark gray or dark navy if I dont have to.

post #37573 of 134372
Brian. see if Uniqlo still offers their summer linen suits...

A hundred bucks, slim cut, and in your size. ( You can also just grab the coat if you've already got the matching pants biggrin.gif ) proxy it through Suddenlee or a couple dudes in SW&D B&S.
post #37574 of 134372
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobizor View Post

Brian. see if Uniqlo still offers their summer linen suits...

A hundred bucks, slim cut, and in your size. ( You can also just grab the coat if you've already got the matching pants biggrin.gif ) proxy it through Suddenlee or a couple dudes in SW&D B&S.

 

Awesome idea!! Thanks fistbump.gif


Edited by Brianpore - 6/4/12 at 9:41am
post #37575 of 134372
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Does what we say it's worth or what eBay listings show for resale value really matter if it's something you really want? 

Maybe you haven't been paying attention to what we do here. biggrin.gif

Just kidding, and of course I agree with Grendel - screw us, if you like it, buy it. I don't care that nobody commented on my $15 Borsalino last fall.




(Uncultured boors)shog[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread