or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2500

post #37486 of 124627
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

I actually traded with another member here thinking they were USA made because they were old (same as yours, and I usually check, but had a mental lapse) and they were made in India (I think). Luckly he wasn't pissed (occony, great guy by the way). I think it should say on the tongue (I think).
I can wear anywhere from a 9 to a 11 in AE's, their sizes are all over the place.

I looked around, seems ae Sanford's run pretty true to size so I'll probably have to pass. My search continues -_-.
post #37487 of 124627
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayxlui View Post

I dunno if this is an awesome deal, but I'm pretty happy to have picked up a NWT PRL Made in Italy 3 piece in the popular Bradford model in a staple navy. Wasn't cheap, but filled the big navy gap in my closet.
Also, got a haul on Enrico Isaia's and Brioni's.. in 54EU and 56EU.

PM'd
post #37488 of 124627
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

IMG_1003.JPGIMG_1004.JPGIMG_1005.JPGIMG_1006.JPG

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmorris View Post

 

I tried researching brother wright, and nada. I had to snag these though, they just seemed very well made, and great looking IMHO. 12 or 13 AA. Check if you are interested.

 

Try E.T. Wright, Rutgers Union made IIRC. "Breather" was one of their lines, the ones I have found have had perforated glove leather inside up near the toes making them breathable. Generally pretty good shoes, but under rated IMHO.

post #37489 of 124627

330CK: LORD-A-MERCY

post #37490 of 124627
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CK View Post

I have a feeling Nataku is going to love this:
IMG_9052.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_9058.jpg

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #37491 of 124627
330CK- You probably already know this but that Saks jacket is Oxxford made.
post #37492 of 124627
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroFan View Post

I might be tripping like a motherfucker, but that first piece looks like an Attolini label to me. Full disclosure; I'm on my cell phone and can't search and am only guessing based on memory. Definitely looks high quality, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayxlui View Post

+1 I'm thinking Attolini as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmac7 View Post

99% sure its Attolini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif


I wouldn't be so sure about the Attolini, boys. I've seen quite a bit of it in my time, and although the label has the same writing style...I've seen that exact label in Caruso, Isaia, Cantarelli. Attolini labels usually have the Cesare Attolini 'per' on them too.
post #37493 of 124627
+1. I also can't see Attolini using Loro Piana fabric as the OP stated it.
post #37494 of 124627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien View Post

I wouldn't be so sure about the Attolini, boys. I've seen quite a bit of it in my time, and although the label has the same writing style...I've seen that exact label in Caruso, Isaia, Cantarelli. Attolini labels usually have the Cesare Attolini 'per' on them too.

Well thats why I left that 1% mwink[1].gif
post #37495 of 124627
Grendel: unfortunately, the HF is taggef 42L and the St. Andrews 54 (44US) L. I'm pushing both myself, but they are passable. I will let folks here have first dibs if I tire of them. Also, the interior linings could use some... Freshening. JKidd turned me on to Oxy pet plus dry clean. Anyone else have any bright ideas? Same question for silk.

MattR: get at me on those ties. Paisley isn't my deal. Hate to see them sit around or even go to a home of unknown repute via the Bay. Only one I may keep is the rep stripe Andover. And possibly the Gucci, but I doubt it. Everything else is fair game.

Btw, anyone feel up to that summary of the last roughly 700 posts? Other than the usual DM7 epic-ness, what'd I miss?
post #37496 of 124627

Ah, boo.  Any clue on the maker?  If the only other potentials are Caruso, Isaia, and Cantarelli, that's not so bad either...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post

+1. I also can't see Attolini using Loro Piana fabric as the OP stated it.
post #37497 of 124627
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Grendel: unfortunately, the HF is taggef 42L and the St. Andrews 54 (44US) L. I'm pushing both myself, but they are passable. I will let folks here have first dibs if I tire of them. Also, the interior linings could use some... Freshening. JKidd turned me on to Oxy pet plus dry clean. Anyone else have any bright ideas? Same question for silk.
MattR: get at me on those ties. Paisley isn't my deal. Hate to see them sit around or even go to a home of unknown repute via the Bay. Only one I may keep is the rep stripe Andover. And possibly the Gucci, but I doubt it. Everything else is fair game.
Btw, anyone feel up to that summary of the last roughly 700 posts? Other than the usual DM7 epic-ness, what'd I miss?

There was at least a 200 post discussion/arguement on the ethics of purchasing from a fellow thrift threader, wearing/using the item for a while, then flipping it on the bay.

post #37498 of 124627

A bit off topic, but shoe gurus - I know that you're not supposed to use polish on Clarks beeswax chukkas (only wax), but can you use conditioner on them, like Saphir Renoveteur?  

 

Thanks

post #37499 of 124627

Finally got a chance to take a pic of the cufflinks I found this week.

Added to the collection....all available.

 

Links.JPG

post #37500 of 124627
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Throwing up some other recent finds. As usual, everything is too big so it's available.

YSLRGFullFront.jpg

YSLRiveGauche44S.jpg

Probably shouldn't have picked this up, as it's a bit beat up, but it's the softest coat I've ever felt. 100% cashmere, any insight on date? 80's? 42S ish, but no idea if it's even possible to salvage. If not, hopefully JeffreyD has some spare time on his hands for a disection.

PoloGreenGarbadine32.jpg

The oldest Neiman label I've seen on this tuxedo shirt.1
Neiman175Tuxedo-1.jpg

33WhiteFrenchCuff-1.jpg
Phhat MOP buttons on this Borelli 17.5/33ish

Eton155Full.jpg
Ugly, but the cut of Eton is great. Confirmation that Swedes are slimmer/taller/better looking than the average American... shog[1].gif 15 with looong arms

Ridiculous Daks trousers 31
DaksTartanTrousers30.jpg
Edited by Nell - 6/3/12 at 12:10pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread