Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 10:22 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 5/17/16 at 3:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2449post #36721 of 1387285/24/12 at 10:42pmI don't suppose any of you gent's has a Hemes scarf lying around that you would like to part with? I've been looking at getting one for my wife as a wedding present but I'm wary of buying one off ebay for fear of ending up with a fake.post #36722 of 1387285/24/12 at 11:57pmAnyone know much of Domenico Vacca Alta Sartoria? There were several shirts with that label that I left behind the other day that were obviously from the same donor as the rest of my haul. And 1 Armani collezioni. All striped in a similar fashion to the others.post #36723 of 1387285/25/12 at 12:51ampost #36724 of 1387285/25/12 at 1:06amQuote:
1999 was the last year for Burberrys
2000 became Burberry
I would guess your blazer to be 1999 just before the change because of the font style on the label.
I love the Prosum buttons too. Nice touch.post #36725 of 1387285/25/12 at 3:36amQuote:
Thats odd as the only Richemont I know is the parent company that owns Cartier, etc. Its an LVMH company... which I don't think Burberry is a part of.
edit - NVM, that logo is for a mens clothing company, Richemont would never use a font like thatQuote:
Dude, my sympathies. Moving is right up there with death on the fun list.post #36726 of 1387285/25/12 at 3:47amQuote:
That blazer looks pretty sweet. Its got to be right near the label switch date, and I wouldn't doubt its authenticity because you can see some quality even in the pictures. I've never seen anything like it, nice buy.post #36727 of 1387285/25/12 at 4:15amI have a burberrys jacket like that i found in a thrift too, its a 44. but single breasted i don't know why i still have it around. but its in an unused closet haha.
I also saw one of those at off 5th (saks' off price discount retailer) under the burberry london line (cheaper lower end line) going for $125post #36728 of 1387285/25/12 at 4:34ampost #36729 of 1387285/25/12 at 6:01ampost #36730 of 1387285/25/12 at 6:02ampost #36731 of 1387285/25/12 at 6:24amMoL - Dig is right. You're a wealth of information, thanks!
Spoo - Richemont is the nicest boutique in my city. Classy men like yourself frequent it, and I pick up their leftovers haha.
The size/maker tag is ripped out. Any knowledge of who made for Burberry in the late 90s?
edit - looks to be Belvest, but confirmation would be great.
Much too big for me, so it's available for sale/trade. Double vented if it wasn't clear from the photos. Measures out to around a 43 L with S status arms...
Sleeves: 23.5 + 2
Edited by Nell - 5/25/12 at 6:39ampost #36732 of 1387285/25/12 at 7:29ampost #36733 of 1387285/25/12 at 7:41amQuote:
I have 2 Hermes scarves in my possession.post #36734 of 1387285/25/12 at 7:54amHas anyone heard of the brand Eckerle from Germany? I couldn't leave this thing at the GW yesterday, especially since it was one of the yellow tagged half off specials. It's double vented, super 120s (E Thomas) and pretty badass imo. It's measures out to about a 40R...I will literally send this to someone for the cost of shipping. Somebody should be rocking this.post #36735 of 1387285/25/12 at 7:56amQuote:Originally Posted by Mercuryman76
Has anyone heard of the brand Eckerle from Germany? I couldn't leave this thing at the GW yesterday, especially since it was one of the yellow tagged half off specials. It's double vented, super 120s (E Thomas) and pretty badass imo. It's measures out to about a 40R...I will literally send this to someone for the cost of shipping. Somebody should be rocking this.
Paging Grendel....... He will rock the SHIT out of that.
in other news .. i had my first experience at a tailor yesterday. Getting my Hugo Boss (Made In Germany) Shawl Collar tuxedo fitted. Pics inbound shortly once all the work is done :)
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 21 seconds ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 3 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 15 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 22 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 24 minutes ago
- › DOES ANYONE RECOGNIT THIS SHOES (BRAND & MODEL) ? 27 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 27 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 37 minutes ago
- › How formal is a blue suit 38 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding