or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2404

post #36046 of 125411
Just picked up this beauty on the way home from the grocery store. I actually thrifted this exact same shirt a couple months ago and sold it on ebay for a princely sum. biggrin.gif This one on the other hand fits me like a glove, although I'm probably not going to keep it as I'm not really a fan of the whole striped placket as advertising thing. It was from a boutique thrift store, so a little more expensive then normal, yet waaaaaay below what I sold the other one for.
263
467
post #36047 of 125411
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Just picked up this beauty on the way home from the grocery store. I actually thrifted this exact same shirt a couple months ago and sold it on ebay for a princely sum. biggrin.gif This one on the other hand fits me like a glove, although I'm probably not going to keep it as I'm not really a fan of the whole striped placket as advertising thing. It was from a boutique thrift store, so a little more expensive then normal, yet waaaaaay below what I sold the other one for.
263
467

 

Nice! I don't remember any other Thom Browne stuff in here.

post #36048 of 125411
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Just picked up this beauty on the way home from the grocery store. I actually thrifted this exact same shirt a couple months ago and sold it on ebay for a princely sum. biggrin.gif This one on the other hand fits me like a glove, although I'm probably not going to keep it as I'm not really a fan of the whole striped placket as advertising thing. It was from a boutique thrift store, so a little more expensive then normal, yet waaaaaay below what I sold the other one for.
263

Man, that's a cool shirt. I'd definitely hang onto that if it fit.
post #36049 of 125411
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Nice! I don't remember any other Thom Browne stuff in here.

Bought and sold the other one before I started posting on here, last fall abouts.
post #36050 of 125411
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post


Bought and sold the other one before I started posting on here, last fall abouts.

 

No, I mean from anyone. I'm amazed it found its way to a consignment shop.

post #36051 of 125411
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

No, I mean from anyone. I'm amazed it found its way to a consignment shop.

I found the other one at an SA if you can believe that, marked $5.00, I laughed all the way to the register. devil.gif
post #36052 of 125411
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Nice! I don't remember any other Thom Browne stuff in here.

TB is a really obscure and cool find. I found a TB white OCBD (though it didn't have the red/white/blue button placket like this does) for $20-something at the Goodwill boutique.
post #36053 of 125411
Quote:
Originally Posted by acosbysweater View Post

From our conversations and your profession, I figured you were at least 40...but you are YOUNGER THAN ME?  Wow, I've certainly done something wrong in the process of becoming an adult.  Hats off to you for hustling so hard, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

I was thinking the same exact thing.

Hahahahahahahaha, apparently everyone thinks I'm teh oldz! The problem is, I also dress up like teh oldz:
700
(The pull on the button is only there because I'm hugging an innocent I cut off from the picture.) But, thank you, Cosby's sweater, for your very kind comment, wink.gif!
post #36054 of 125411
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Just picked up this beauty on the way home from the grocery store. I actually thrifted this exact same shirt a couple months ago and sold it on ebay for a princely sum. biggrin.gif This one on the other hand fits me like a glove, although I'm probably not going to keep it as I'm not really a fan of the whole striped placket as advertising thing. It was from a boutique thrift store, so a little more expensive then normal, yet waaaaaay below what I sold the other one for.
263
467

HOLY SHIT! Please tell me that's a 0 or a 1!! I've been looking for that shirt for over a year

post #36055 of 125411
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadesofbeige View Post

HOLY SHIT! Please tell me that's a 0 or a 1!! I've been looking for that shirt for over a year
Doh! It's a 2 and I'd feel bad trying to make my money back from someone on here. shog[1].gif
post #36056 of 125411
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post


Doh! It's a 2 and I'd feel bad trying to make my money back from someone on here. shog[1].gif

Don't feel bad, you'd be doing me a favor. If you wanna send me some measurements I'm game to give it a shot

post #36057 of 125411
I've been out of town a lot (Grendel can thank me later) and have picked up more inventory than I care to state. There is a lot of Misc. eBay fodder (Boss, Brooks Bros.) but I thought I would brag about a few of the nicer or more interesting items. I do flip (with my Wife) to support my kids so I usually don't trade but I could work out a hook-up price if you totally loved something...I haven't photographed suits yet (6 or 7 Samuelsohns, etc. etc.), or dress shirts (some nice stuff!)

First, the oddballs...didn't know Hickey Freeman manufactured for Burberry but I liked these
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
329

314

Ok, how about some Samuelsohn....what do you call this type of casual jacket? Is there a name?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
558

More Sameulsohn
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
315

353

Lots of Zegna, some rather nice ones...here are a few
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
537

350

327

316

Oh...one more weird one. Hugo Boss camel hair that was quite nice... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
317

Canali? Oh yes...the first one is a cashmere mix
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
303

311

538

Not shown for now: The Hickeys, HSM Gold Trumpeteer, Boss, Oxxford and the kick-ass Disney world visor hat from like 1982!
post #36058 of 125411
Ok, how about some Samuelsohn....what do you call this type of casual jacket? Is there a name? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
558

 

 

Henry, nice haul!!!!
 
The one jacket is a "patch pocket"
post #36059 of 125411

^^^ I'd call it a "hacking / hunting jacket" on eBay

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Boogers View Post

I've been out of town a lot (Grendel can thank me later) 
 
I wish I had more to thank you for lol8[1].gif
 
It's been pretty dead
post #36060 of 125411
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

^^^ I'd call it a "hacking / hunting jacket" on eBay

 

 

 

A hacking jacket is a riding jacket with side or back vents and slanting pockets, started in use around 1950.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread