or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2393

post #35881 of 110665
Question for all the gents on here. What does one wear with black watch tartan plaid pants? I'm thinking a navy blazer with gold buttons and a crisp white ocbd. Any thoughts would be helpful. biggrin.gif
post #35882 of 110665
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Question for all the gents on here. What does one wear with black watch tartan plaid pants? I'm thinking a navy blazer with gold buttons and a crisp white ocbd. Any thoughts would be helpful. biggrin.gif

 

Might be a little too low contrast between the blackwatch and navy, but I'm not sure of a better alternative. 

post #35883 of 110665
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Might be a little too low contrast between the blackwatch and navy, but I'm not sure of a better alternative. 

The right shade of burgundy might be OK.
post #35884 of 110665
Quick stop this morning,
263
AE's in a really soft leather, haven't cleaned them up yet, but they are niiiiice. I think someone was looking for size 12 D's a couple hundred posts ago. Get at me, otherwise they're going on the bay.
263
Finally, finally, finally, a nice umbrella. I've been looking high and low for one for awhile now. Vintage made in the USA by Schertz. Wooden handle, brass hardware, mint!
263263
Couple albums. Stevie Wonder's Talking Book, sleeve's beat up but the record looks new, Queen's A Night At The Opera, I'm listening to this right now and Modern Jazz featuring Dizz, Bird, Max Roach, Mingus and some other heavy hitters. Also a couple more wooden hangers.
263
And finally a siiiiiickkk vintage made in the USA Montgomery Ward leather biker jacket! I know, its a cheap brand, but the old made in the USA stuff isn't too bad, and this thing is RAW! Neck latch, side latches, quilted liner, puffy quilts on the shoulders and pockets, tits!
467
post #35885 of 110665
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

What country were they from?

New Zealand, I could tell from their accent satisfied.gif
post #35886 of 110665
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CK View Post

Found this yesterday, was going to post until DM7 had his clothesgasm all over this thread, but now that that's all cleaned up, here it is. All my other wintercoats will be sold this coming winter and replaced with this:
IMG_8927.jpg
IMG_8928.jpg
The only downside is living in Florida, I'll get maybe two and a half chances to wear it.

Ah, what a brilliant thing!
post #35887 of 110665
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Quick stop this morning,

AE's in a really soft leather, haven't cleaned them up yet, but they are niiiiice. I think someone was looking for size 12 D's a couple hundred posts ago. Get at me, otherwise they're going on the bay.
263
 

 

 

 

$(KGrHqUOKpQE0U0uCNQBBN(YQ8Ov2Q~~_35.JPG

 

do i need another pair of non-wingtip, brown shoes :X

post #35888 of 110665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Smith View Post



300x300px-LL-664d75f6_KGrHqUOKpQE0U0uCNQBBNYQ8Ov2Q_35.jpeg

do i need another pair of non-wingtip, brown shoes :X

Yes, yes you do. biggrin.gif
post #35889 of 110665
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Question for all the gents on here. What does one wear with black watch tartan plaid pants? I'm thinking a navy blazer with gold buttons and a crisp white ocbd. Any thoughts would be helpful. biggrin.gif

 

^^^ I have pair of vintage BB Blackwatch pants that I bought from Giuseppe Timore (An Affordable Wardrobe) at the first Top Shelf Flea that are some of my favorite winter pants.  I've gone the navy blazer route with solid white and solid blue OCBDs and a black knit tie.  I've also gone with a cream and navy blue horizontally striped long sleeve t-shirt (think French naval sweater, but lightweight) to the bar.  Stripes and plaids?  What?

post #35890 of 110665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoid Jones View Post

^^^ I have pair of vintage BB Blackwatch pants that I bought from Giuseppe Timore (An Affordable Wardrobe) at the first Top Shelf Flea that are some of my favorite winter pants.  I've gone the navy blazer route with solid white and solid blue OCBDs and a black knit tie.  I've also gone with a cream and navy blue horizontally striped long sleeve t-shirt (think French naval sweater, but lightweight) to the bar.  Stripes and plaids?  What?

Noice, what about this bad boy with black watch pants, came in the mail yesterday from Ocooney. I know Tom James/Holland & Sherry doesn't get much love on here, but this thing is bad fucking ass.
467
263
263
post #35891 of 110665

330CK, that J Press is awesome.  Following up on that and the few toggle coats posted yesterday, I found what may be my coolest find yet last night in the women's coats section:

 

Vintage Navy Brooks Brothers Made in England Wool Pea/Toggle Coat With Rad Blackwatch Lining -

 

BBToggle1.jpg

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

BBToggle2.jpg

 

Wood (I'm assuming wood, not bone) Toggles:

 

BBToggle3.jpg

 

Leather Straps

 

BBToggle4.jpg

 

Two Patch Pockets:

 

BBToggle5.jpg

 

Awesome Lining:

 

BBToggle6.jpg

 

Hood with Throat Latch:

BBToggle7.jpg

 

post #35892 of 110665
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post


Noice, what about this bad boy with black watch pants, came in the mail yesterday from Ocooney. I know Tom James/Holland & Sherry doesn't get much love on here, but this thing is bad fucking ass.
467
263
263

 

Yeah, that thing is awesome! I inquired about it as well, had nothing to offer him in a trade.

post #35893 of 110665

If anyone is interested in NWT polo blackwatch pants I have some in a 38x32-34 can't remember length. Get at me for $20. Pics and real measurements for anyone interested. I think theyre sick, but 4' is just too much to tailor. 

post #35894 of 110665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post

330CK, that J Press is awesome.  Following up on that and the few toggle coats posted yesterday, I found what may be my coolest find yet last night in the women's coats section:

 

Vintage Navy Brooks Brothers Made in England Wool Pea/Toggle Coat With Rad Blackwatch Lining -

 

BBToggle1.jpg

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

BBToggle2.jpg

 

Wood (I'm assuming wood, not bone) Toggles:

 

BBToggle3.jpg

 

Leather Straps

 

BBToggle4.jpg

 

Two Patch Pockets:

 

BBToggle5.jpg

 

Awesome Lining:

 

BBToggle6.jpg

 

Hood with Throat Latch:

BBToggle7.jpg

 

 

That's awesome! I wonder who made it in England for BB.... Gloverall? 

post #35895 of 110665
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Question for all the gents on here. What does one wear with black watch tartan plaid pants? I'm thinking a navy blazer with gold buttons and a crisp white ocbd. Any thoughts would be helpful. biggrin.gif

I think you can work it like you would a pair of navy or dark green pants. Don't follow TJ's pattern-mixing advice below, though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoid Jones View Post

^^^ I have pair of vintage BB Blackwatch pants that I bought from Giuseppe Timore (An Affordable Wardrobe) at the first Top Shelf Flea that are some of my favorite winter pants.  I've gone the navy blazer route with solid white and solid blue OCBDs and a black knit tie.  I've also gone with a cream and navy blue horizontally striped long sleeve t-shirt (think French naval sweater, but lightweight) to the bar.  Stripes and plaids?  What?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread