I do stop maybe every two weeks. Only ever see Donald Trump and U.S. Polo Club ties.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2389post #35821 of 1387285/16/12 at 6:40pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35822 of 1387285/16/12 at 6:40pmMy dad totally showed me up at the thrifts today Brand new in box coach women's shoes...
He thought I was nuts when I first started thrifting... then he tried it out and made a few mistakes. Now he keeps going on his own Unfortunately he has no idea what to look for outside of brands commonly known to the public.post #35823 of 1387285/16/12 at 6:53pmQuote:
Hmm, I'll take a crack at this. Try describing them as having a 'slight drop crotch' and see what happens. That sounds infinitely cooler than old man pants.post #35824 of 1387285/16/12 at 6:59pmQuote:
Especially since I believe Spoo said they are women's pants...*
I linked my dad to the PTO article, but I'm pretty sure he didn't read it... I just instructed him that if he ever sees Kiton to grab it immediately...
*hmmm maybe I imagined that, can't find itpost #35825 of 1387285/16/12 at 7:00pm
Hmmm, $4,500 Brioni SC for $119...pics please.
On the slumming end of posts, at SA today, like new J. Press gray flannel pinstripe, 3 roll 2, flat front, non cuffed about a 44 (available):
And for you 70's punkers:post #35826 of 1387285/16/12 at 7:07pm
So found some good, not great stuff today and a jacket yesterday. Here we go. Donald Pliner NW sticker on bottom, more on the middle in a sec, and polo loafers that are about to get the 4 star treatment. On the shoes in the middle, i couldn't find any on Ebay, but they look unworn, and expensive. Here is a pic of the side and branding on the insole, seems distinctive so hopefully someone can help tell me wtf these are worth/ make an offer :). Serge Blanco? baby billionaries, or bad boy billionaires or someshit like that. I think they are terrible, but these are new and going for a lot on ebay. Are there any really, really big men on this forum who could use a NWT brooks brothers? Snagged cause it was NWT, and an unheard of size... Brianpore, if you want to cut costs, I think you could live in this thing. Finally, a slubby norman hilton jacket I think is cool as hell, but wont fit me :(. Everything avaliable. Jacket is a hunter green, but in the close up it just looks brackish, sorry.post #35827 of 1387285/16/12 at 7:07pm
Yapre shirts? Seem nice - good fabric and construction... extra thick MOP's... somewhat positive review here on SF. Had a monogram, so I bought it to take the buttons. Any of you guys ever run into these shirts and if so, opinions?
Also, Via Pietra made in Italy shirts? Same high end features. Opinions?
?post #35828 of 1387285/16/12 at 7:23pmpost #35829 of 1387285/16/12 at 7:24pmQuote:
Y'apre shirts are sold at Saks, AFAIK. They're reletively expensive and the ones I've come across were MTM. I think retail was around $350-ish. Nice stuff.post #35830 of 1387285/16/12 at 7:31pmpost #35831 of 1387285/16/12 at 7:33pmpost #35832 of 1387285/16/12 at 7:42pmpost #35833 of 1387285/16/12 at 7:45pmThe middle ones are driving shoes. The logo on the side is three pedals. I can't really read the name or anything, but look well made. I would definitely be interested in them if they are around a us10.5.
edit: nvm. I looked up Serge Blanco. I guess that's his logo. They at least look like driving shoes, but I'd have to see more pics to be sure.Quote:Originally Posted by Jpmorris
So found some good, not great stuff today and a jacket yesterday. Here we go. [ Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Serge Blanco? baby billionaries, or bad boy billionaires or someshit like that. I think they are terrible, but these are new and going for a lot on ebay. Are there any really, really big men on this forum who could use a NWT brooks brothers? Snagged cause it was NWT, and an unheard of size... Brianpore, if you want to cut costs, I think you could live in this thing. Finally, a slubby norman hilton jacket I think is cool as hell, but wont fit me . Everything avaliable. Jacket is a hunter green, but in the close up it just looks brackish, sorry.post #35834 of 1387285/16/12 at 7:52pmI haven't found anything lately, but did okay this past weekend, mostly winter stuff.
Found a closet full of winter pants:
clockwise from top right corner
Vintage, old label banana republic wool tartans (34)
J. Crew houndstooth tweed (34)
Polo gray Flannels (36)
Maibex heather blue flannels (32)
Zanella Flannels (32)
two pairs of polo wide wale cords (38)
oh and a Polo Fair Isle sweater vest in Large.
ancient Liberty of London, Zegna, and a Robert Talbot gold grenadine
highlight was this: a mint condition Pringle cashmere v-neck sweater, $1.55
store mis-labeled it an XL, it's a size 40 but fits my size 38 torso perfectly.post #35835 of 1387285/16/12 at 7:53pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 49 seconds ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 49 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cleanout! Drake's, Panta, Bigi et al. Ties (and some squares) 4 minutes ago
- › ALLEN EDMONDS SUPER RARE SHELL CORDOVAN MANY SIZES - UPDATED 4/6 4 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...