I do stop maybe every two weeks. Only ever see Donald Trump and U.S. Polo Club ties.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 6:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 3/9/17 at 10:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2389post #35821 of 1387285/16/12 at 6:40pmpost #35822 of 1387285/16/12 at 6:40pmMy dad totally showed me up at the thrifts today Brand new in box coach women's shoes...
He thought I was nuts when I first started thrifting... then he tried it out and made a few mistakes. Now he keeps going on his own Unfortunately he has no idea what to look for outside of brands commonly known to the public.post #35823 of 1387285/16/12 at 6:53pmQuote:
Hmm, I'll take a crack at this. Try describing them as having a 'slight drop crotch' and see what happens. That sounds infinitely cooler than old man pants.post #35824 of 1387285/16/12 at 6:59pmQuote:
Especially since I believe Spoo said they are women's pants...*
I linked my dad to the PTO article, but I'm pretty sure he didn't read it... I just instructed him that if he ever sees Kiton to grab it immediately...
*hmmm maybe I imagined that, can't find itpost #35825 of 1387285/16/12 at 7:00pm
Hmmm, $4,500 Brioni SC for $119...pics please.
On the slumming end of posts, at SA today, like new J. Press gray flannel pinstripe, 3 roll 2, flat front, non cuffed about a 44 (available):
And for you 70's punkers:post #35826 of 1387285/16/12 at 7:07pm
So found some good, not great stuff today and a jacket yesterday. Here we go. Donald Pliner NW sticker on bottom, more on the middle in a sec, and polo loafers that are about to get the 4 star treatment. On the shoes in the middle, i couldn't find any on Ebay, but they look unworn, and expensive. Here is a pic of the side and branding on the insole, seems distinctive so hopefully someone can help tell me wtf these are worth/ make an offer :). Serge Blanco? baby billionaries, or bad boy billionaires or someshit like that. I think they are terrible, but these are new and going for a lot on ebay. Are there any really, really big men on this forum who could use a NWT brooks brothers? Snagged cause it was NWT, and an unheard of size... Brianpore, if you want to cut costs, I think you could live in this thing. Finally, a slubby norman hilton jacket I think is cool as hell, but wont fit me :(. Everything avaliable. Jacket is a hunter green, but in the close up it just looks brackish, sorry.post #35827 of 1387285/16/12 at 7:07pm
Yapre shirts? Seem nice - good fabric and construction... extra thick MOP's... somewhat positive review here on SF. Had a monogram, so I bought it to take the buttons. Any of you guys ever run into these shirts and if so, opinions?
Also, Via Pietra made in Italy shirts? Same high end features. Opinions?
?post #35828 of 1387285/16/12 at 7:23pmpost #35829 of 1387285/16/12 at 7:24pmQuote:
Y'apre shirts are sold at Saks, AFAIK. They're reletively expensive and the ones I've come across were MTM. I think retail was around $350-ish. Nice stuff.post #35830 of 1387285/16/12 at 7:31pmpost #35831 of 1387285/16/12 at 7:33pmpost #35832 of 1387285/16/12 at 7:42pmpost #35833 of 1387285/16/12 at 7:45pmThe middle ones are driving shoes. The logo on the side is three pedals. I can't really read the name or anything, but look well made. I would definitely be interested in them if they are around a us10.5.
edit: nvm. I looked up Serge Blanco. I guess that's his logo. They at least look like driving shoes, but I'd have to see more pics to be sure.Quote:Originally Posted by Jpmorris
So found some good, not great stuff today and a jacket yesterday. Here we go. [ Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Serge Blanco? baby billionaries, or bad boy billionaires or someshit like that. I think they are terrible, but these are new and going for a lot on ebay. Are there any really, really big men on this forum who could use a NWT brooks brothers? Snagged cause it was NWT, and an unheard of size... Brianpore, if you want to cut costs, I think you could live in this thing. Finally, a slubby norman hilton jacket I think is cool as hell, but wont fit me . Everything avaliable. Jacket is a hunter green, but in the close up it just looks brackish, sorry.post #35834 of 1387285/16/12 at 7:52pmI haven't found anything lately, but did okay this past weekend, mostly winter stuff.
Found a closet full of winter pants:
clockwise from top right corner
Vintage, old label banana republic wool tartans (34)
J. Crew houndstooth tweed (34)
Polo gray Flannels (36)
Maibex heather blue flannels (32)
Zanella Flannels (32)
two pairs of polo wide wale cords (38)
oh and a Polo Fair Isle sweater vest in Large.
ancient Liberty of London, Zegna, and a Robert Talbot gold grenadine
highlight was this: a mint condition Pringle cashmere v-neck sweater, $1.55
store mis-labeled it an XL, it's a size 40 but fits my size 38 torso perfectly.post #35835 of 1387285/16/12 at 7:53pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 16 seconds ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 35 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 49 seconds ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 1 minute ago
- › Laptop case or briefcase? 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › DROP MAR 22 █ FIRESALE --- MAKE ME OFFERS!!! █ NWT Corneliani for... 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › DROP MAR 22 █ FIRESALE --- MAKE ME OFFERS!!! █ Sizes 40S and 40R █... 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...