or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2372

post #35566 of 114512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

 

What are the things on the bottom? Saw the in a set today and was wondering?

 

 

 

Their the shirt studs. They have the long stick part that goes through the "stud" hole instead of the round "stud" like the black and gold ones.

post #35567 of 114512
First decent i.e. non-Chaps suit in a Marshalls/TJ Maxx in my town: NWT Corneliani 40S drop 7. Flat front unhemmed pants. $300. Would have thought about it more had it been my size. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
469469261

Also, saw some 6? or 7? fold made in China Peter Millar ties. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
469

The only thing I picked up today: NOS (although I'm not sure how old, but the sticker price is half of what it costs now) Johnson Woolen Mills green wool zip up vest. Size small. Haven't decided if I'm going to keep it because it isn't really my style, so it's available depending on the offer. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
469469469
post #35568 of 114512
I went to Dallas last week to visit family and hit a few stores while there. No Hermes or NWT leather jackets, but I did find some things.
Recent Zegna side-vented navy blazer in size 56L EU -available
467 263

William Lockie Lambswool sweater - Size 46 - available
467 263
Edited by datsunfan - 5/15/12 at 2:59pm
post #35569 of 114512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

What are the things on the bottom? Saw the in a set today and was wondering?

Did find the below 2 sets. One made by Swank smile.gif First cufflink finds for only $2 each! Not Available
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


 
Those are lovely Brian. Nice grab. Fyi, lastdonb was interested in those B links, so if these replace those and you were looking for something to do with the b ones, you may want to get at Don.
post #35570 of 114512

Can any one help me with this? Real or fake???

 

 

DSC_0578.jpg

post #35571 of 114512
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty long legs View Post

The only thing I picked up today: NOS (although I'm not sure how old, but the sticker price is half of what it costs now) Johnson Woolen Mills green wool zip up vest. Size small. Haven't decided if I'm going to keep it because it isn't really my style, so it's available depending on the offer. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
469469469


Really cool vest!
post #35572 of 114512
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty long legs View Post

Also, saw some 6? or 7? fold made in China Peter Millar ties. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
469


Really liked those ties, I think those would be $$. Even though they are made in China.
post #35573 of 114512
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post

 

That zegna is a Z Zegna, which is their more "accessible" brand, it is fairly recent though, and pretty nice!

 

I'm pretty sure you're wrong about the Zegna tie.  I think its mainline, but just a little older when they put the Z in the background of the label.  I have had several pieces of clothing with this label. 

 

The Z Zegna line doesn't say "Ermenegildo" anywhere on the label.  I've also had a few pieces of clothing in this line.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

zzegna100650bkgycrstrip2.jpg

 

 

Maybe someone could verify this for me.

post #35574 of 114512
^correct i have picked up a few of the Z backround ones as well

Z zegna is also never made in italy, i have a E. zegna/mainline bel with the z logo

its always in mexico or china or somewhere

the newer z zegna have labels that read
zzegna.

i find that z zegna the diffusion esque line is inherently easier to wear for men our age. mainline zegna comes across as too old money and stuffy
post #35575 of 114512

Quote:

Originally Posted by 951socal View Post

^correct i have picked up a few of the Z backround ones as well
Z zegna is also never made in italy, i have a E. zegna/mainline bel with the z logo
its always in mexico or china or somewhere
the newer z zegna have labels that read
zzegna.
i find that z zegna the diffusion esque line is inherently easier to wear for men our age. mainline zegna comes across as too old money and stuffy

 

The ties are Made in Italy.

post #35576 of 114512
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Went at lunch, but didn't find much.

First off, question for the hi-fi equipment knowledgeable. Should I have picked this up? I know jack about old stereo equipment, but this was heavy and felt well made

350x261px-LL-8454c47a_IMG_1636.jpeg


Generally cassette decks aren't too desirable, but that one looks like a nice one. As with most old stereo equipment, the more dials, knobs and indicators the better. That is probably worth $60-$80 resale going by looks.
post #35577 of 114512

WHO NEEDS TO GET SOME "A"??

 

Keepin this cufflink thing alive...

9 more pairs total

3 with tie bars

2 A monogrammed

1 with those stick stud button thingies we just learned about today

plus 1 set of button covers

 

BTW those crest ones are blue, but its hard to tell in the pic.

 

MOLINKS (1).JPG

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

MOLINKS (2).JPGMOLINKS (3).JPGMOLINKS (4).JPG

post #35578 of 114512
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

What are the things on the bottom? Saw the in a set today and was wondering?

Did find the below 2 sets. One made by Swank smile.gif First cufflink finds for only $2 each! Not Available
Those are lovely Brian. Nice grab. Fyi, lastdonb was interested in those B links, so if these replace those and you were looking for something to do with the b ones, you may want to get at Don.

 

Yea def really like these, and already wore the B's once so keeping them, sorry Don (when I get a set of my initials BAP) I;ll make sure to send the B's your way if you dont already have a pair.

post #35579 of 114512

Two pickups today

 

Filson flannel 80% cotton 20% wool (Viyella...) size XXL though

IMG_1979.JPG

 

Canali Proposta Wool/Mohair Sport Coat - unvented, but couldn't pass up for $5.99:

IMG_1969.JPG IMG_1976.JPG

post #35580 of 114512
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post


Filson flannel 80% cotton 20% wool (Viyella...) size XXL though
350x263px-LL-65e115be_IMG_1979.jpeg

Thats so weird, I literally found the same shirt today. XXL and everything.

uhoh.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread