Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/4/16 at 5:47am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Today at 10:19 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2126post #31876 of 1387284/14/12 at 8:28pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #31877 of 1387284/14/12 at 8:30pmpost #31878 of 1387284/14/12 at 8:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nataku
If it was on the Atco label, it was an orig. pressing. These are very valuable and quite rare as they were pulled from the shelves very quickly. Nobody will give you any hassle. The thing is 40+ years old and has serious collector value.
Needless to say, the mysterious flying object penetrated the defense lines of the guardians of the public moral, flew in the face of the shocked and offended puritans and met stiff resistance from the social conservatives, causing the embarrassed record label to go limp: within weeks from release, ATCO had to je®k, er…yank the offensive cover off the market and replace it with a lame, neutered “politically correct” version showing a nondescript, bland photo of the band members (three erect, one sitting) . Call it a real bad case of HARD landing for ATCO records.
That's amazing info. That album wasd released the last year I was in school and in Australia we only ever had the band photo. Amazing that that photo ever saw the light of day on an album cover.post #31879 of 1387284/14/12 at 8:49pmQuote:
Yeah, I can't believe it actually made it to production. Here in Minneapolis we have a head shop/record store called The Electric Fetus. It opened in 1968 in the Cedar/Riverside area of Minneapolis which was basically the Haight/Ashbury of Minneapolis at the time. Had tons of really cool shops. Any way, when the store first opened, they advertised on the radio as they had the lowest record prices in town (about a buck and a half off list price if I remember right) and the announcer would say the word "Electric" followed by a bleep. As time went on, people got used to the name but because of things like that it makes me wonder how this cover ever hit the record shelves back then. Nowadays people wouldn't even give it a second look. Well, they would but it wouldn't be much of a surprise.post #31880 of 1387284/14/12 at 8:54pmWell, there was that one R.Crumb cover (forget the band), and The Rolling Stones' Sticky Fingers -- both of which were, I remember vividly, extreme WTF moments for an eight year old thumbing through his parents' old record collection.
Come to think of it, I can't quite picture Sticky Fingers being released these days in all its zippered, interactive glory...post #31881 of 1387284/14/12 at 8:54pm
I saw them and instantly thought they were the #664's I have since they seem identical (which are shell), even down to the wider Aberdeen toe, but you have a funky model number so I have no clue man.
Quote:post #31882 of 1387284/14/12 at 9:01pmQuote:
Lol. I have ONE truly vintage Guns 'n' Roses Appetite for Destruction 50 / 50 cotton / poly concert tee that is paper thin. My wife made me wrap it up and store at my mom's house with some other cool stuff so that if we ever decide to have kids, they can "discover" how badass we used to be.post #31883 of 1387284/14/12 at 9:03pmpost #31884 of 1387284/14/12 at 9:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by noobizor
Excuse the triple post, but today I found two albums I think are worth some dough -- Scorpions Virgin Killer, and one from -- what, some band with Eric Clapton? -- Blind Faith? Both covers discontinued/famous (I think) for, erm, nude women who are way too Jung for that sort of thing. The only reason I know this is because I remember some sort of free speech debate over eBay or Google or someone deciding to block sales/images,etc. TOO SCARED/EMBARRASSED TO COP!
Damn. Really! Blind Faith was the first rock super band. Amazing album. Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker, Steve Winwood and fourth member slips my memory for now. Def go back and get it. I have the 2 CD deluxe limited edition set with original artwork and unreleased jam out tracks. I could listen to it on repeat for days straight. I bought it on eBay, burned 2 copies and tried to resell it. eBay kept bumping it for the cover...even if I didn't show a photo of it. They said I had to list it in the adult section. I still have it. I repeat..... GO BACK AND GET IT!!!post #31885 of 1387284/14/12 at 9:09pmpost #31886 of 1387284/14/12 at 9:14pmpost #31887 of 1387284/14/12 at 9:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nataku
Scorpions is a bit too new for my knowledge, but that Blind Faith LP is worth some bread if it's an original pressing. Naked girl on the front playing with a toy airplane, right? That's the banned cover. Thing is, they've since reissued this album with the controversial cover for collector purposes. I would definitely go back and grab it if it was at a thrift price. Even if it's not an original pressing, it's a damn good album.
Yes, Blind Faith is a must-have record. This is actually somewhat painful, "who/what is Blind faith," "that Crumb cover, can't recall the band." Arghh.post #31888 of 1387284/15/12 at 12:12am
My appreciation of Eric Clapton begins and ends with Cream-Disraeli Gears. My dad played enough of this music throughout my childhood that I'm over it. The Yardbirds only got better once he left and his later solo stuff is pure dad rock blah.post #31889 of 1387284/15/12 at 3:58amQuote:
Ouch! That stings a little.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 4 minutes ago
- › Jack Erwin Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › Church's Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 14 minutes ago
- › Bernie Sanders, trad icon? 15 minutes ago
- › Need Help with Balmain Biker Jeans 15 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...