For anyone in Fairfield county/NYC area, the Greenwich Hospital Auxiliary Thrift Shop has a ton of shoe trees: $5.00/pair. Their clothes are mighty expensive for the thrift. Stained Andover Shop tie $18, Average Charles Tyrwhitt shirt: $29 etc.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 8:26 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 2:28 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2115post #31711 of 1387284/13/12 at 10:51ampost #31712 of 1387284/13/12 at 10:52ampost #31713 of 1387284/13/12 at 11:11ampost #31714 of 1387284/13/12 at 11:15ampost #31715 of 1387284/13/12 at 11:17ampost #31716 of 1387284/13/12 at 11:19amQuote:
Jeez! You can get a NEW CT shirt with a free tie for $35!post #31717 of 1387284/13/12 at 11:22am
I am not a huge fan of leather, when I was riding a motorcycle I would wear a denim.post #31718 of 1387284/13/12 at 12:34pm
Went at lunch... The one place near work has gotten rid of almost all of their suits and jackets and it's all shirts and shorts now.
I did pick up an orange Irish linen BR shortsleeve shirt with MOP buttons and a huge Samsonite rolling duffel to hold my martial arts gear, so it wasn't a total waste.post #31719 of 1387284/13/12 at 12:40pmQuote:
Don't blow up my SPOT, man!
JK. That store has decent stuff, but you'd better be buying for you. Or get it on sale. I've picked up a few things there. But it's not worth going out of my way for. $5 for trees is not out of the question for me -- if they're the right tree (hardwood or cedar; fully rounded back; spring loaded)post #31720 of 1387284/13/12 at 1:13pmFound my first decent turntable today, a Bang and Olufsen Beogram 5000. It works great; I just need to get a 7-pin DIN to RCA adapter.
It was part of the Beosystem 5000. They had the tape deck and CD player too, but they were marked "AS IS" so I passed. The CD player clearly had some damage but maybe I'll go back for the tape deck, which was $30. No receiver or remote
Edited by ChetB - 4/13/12 at 2:03pmpost #31721 of 1387284/13/12 at 2:01pm
not sure if its the place, I will edit if its not, but I figure people around here like a deal: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BARBA-NAPOLI-STUNNING-DRESS-SHIRT-42-16-5-MADE-IN-ITALY-/150796159947?pt=US_Men_s_Dress_Shirts&hash=item231c26cbcb
I would buy it, but I hardly need all the shirts I already havepost #31722 of 1387284/13/12 at 2:10pm
Guise, I think I found PIERS's ebay account!
All the and "Brioni" and "Valentino" you could ever want!!post #31723 of 1387284/13/12 at 2:22pmpost #31724 of 1387284/13/12 at 2:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by AndroFan
Guise, I think I found PIERS's ebay account!
All the and "Brioni" and "Valentino" you could ever want!!
Nah, his account was something different... and the stuff he was selling looked legit. He had good ratings too.post #31725 of 1387284/13/12 at 2:49pm
Wait, really? Wow, I thought consensus was it was a scam. Wasn't he promising hundreds of Kiton suits for ~$100 each? Doesn't Kiton only even make a few thousand suits a year? How is it possibly legit?
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Things you just don't get 9 minutes ago
- › Belstaff "Stoneham" Jacket Size 50 Brand New with Tags!! 18 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 29 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 29 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 35 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 37 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 37 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 47 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...