For anyone in Fairfield county/NYC area, the Greenwich Hospital Auxiliary Thrift Shop has a ton of shoe trees: $5.00/pair. Their clothes are mighty expensive for the thrift. Stained Andover Shop tie $18, Average Charles Tyrwhitt shirt: $29 etc.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 12:45 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 6/27/16 at 10:53pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 6/23/16 at 12:32pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2115post #31711 of 1387284/13/12 at 10:51ampost #31712 of 1387284/13/12 at 10:52ampost #31713 of 1387284/13/12 at 11:11ampost #31714 of 1387284/13/12 at 11:15ampost #31715 of 1387284/13/12 at 11:17ampost #31716 of 1387284/13/12 at 11:19amQuote:
Jeez! You can get a NEW CT shirt with a free tie for $35!post #31717 of 1387284/13/12 at 11:22am
I am not a huge fan of leather, when I was riding a motorcycle I would wear a denim.post #31718 of 1387284/13/12 at 12:34pm
Went at lunch... The one place near work has gotten rid of almost all of their suits and jackets and it's all shirts and shorts now.
I did pick up an orange Irish linen BR shortsleeve shirt with MOP buttons and a huge Samsonite rolling duffel to hold my martial arts gear, so it wasn't a total waste.post #31719 of 1387284/13/12 at 12:40pmQuote:
Don't blow up my SPOT, man!
JK. That store has decent stuff, but you'd better be buying for you. Or get it on sale. I've picked up a few things there. But it's not worth going out of my way for. $5 for trees is not out of the question for me -- if they're the right tree (hardwood or cedar; fully rounded back; spring loaded)post #31720 of 1387284/13/12 at 1:13pmFound my first decent turntable today, a Bang and Olufsen Beogram 5000. It works great; I just need to get a 7-pin DIN to RCA adapter.
It was part of the Beosystem 5000. They had the tape deck and CD player too, but they were marked "AS IS" so I passed. The CD player clearly had some damage but maybe I'll go back for the tape deck, which was $30. No receiver or remote
Edited by ChetB - 4/13/12 at 2:03pmpost #31721 of 1387284/13/12 at 2:01pm
not sure if its the place, I will edit if its not, but I figure people around here like a deal: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BARBA-NAPOLI-STUNNING-DRESS-SHIRT-42-16-5-MADE-IN-ITALY-/150796159947?pt=US_Men_s_Dress_Shirts&hash=item231c26cbcb
I would buy it, but I hardly need all the shirts I already havepost #31722 of 1387284/13/12 at 2:10pm
Guise, I think I found PIERS's ebay account!
All the and "Brioni" and "Valentino" you could ever want!!post #31723 of 1387284/13/12 at 2:22pmpost #31724 of 1387284/13/12 at 2:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by AndroFan
Guise, I think I found PIERS's ebay account!
All the and "Brioni" and "Valentino" you could ever want!!
Nah, his account was something different... and the stuff he was selling looked legit. He had good ratings too.post #31725 of 1387284/13/12 at 2:49pm
Wait, really? Wow, I thought consensus was it was a scam. Wasn't he promising hundreds of Kiton suits for ~$100 each? Doesn't Kiton only even make a few thousand suits a year? How is it possibly legit?
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Nonnative Trooper Jacket sz 1 3 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 43 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Naked and famous denim 4 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for high quality dress shoes 6 minutes ago
- › NIB $1500 SANTONI DRESS CROCODILE LOAFERS, SZ 10 US, 9 EU—MADE IN... 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding