or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2114

post #31696 of 118148
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

You have to automatically assume he is mentally insane, right. But I always give people more time to pay if they contact me.
Actually, I was thinking drugs. But maybe that's just me....
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

I had a few zingers this week too.
These are funny. My guy asked for a quote on shipping to Singapore, which I provided, he bid, then I invoiced him with the EXACT same shipping I quoted (which, BTW, was $5 less than cost) and he said shipping was too high and asked me to cancel. I did. I also blocked him. *sigh*
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdeep2001 View Post

ah thanks for the heads up! I was thinking of giving it a shot this weekend.
I've used "The Method" a few times on shirts with real MOP buttons (Zegna, Borrelli, et al.). Maybe the vinegar soak I use is too dilute or too short, but I've never really had a problem. I was concerned about this too initially, so I tried it out on a sacrificial lamb with real MOP buttons the first time. No issue. But I'm also not convinced that step does much, so I agree you can skip it.


Do I recall correctly one or more of you like to "mate" your hangers with your suits? If so, I have at least one Oxxford and one PRL wooden hanger (the thin kind; not the ones with the massive shoulders) that I'm not really doing much of anything with. PM me if interested.
post #31697 of 118148
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Actually, I was thinking drugs. But maybe that's just me....
These are funny. My guy asked for a quote on shipping to Singapore, which I provided, he bid, then I invoiced him with the EXACT same shipping I quoted (which, BTW, was $5 less than cost) and he said shipping was too high and asked me to cancel. I did. I also blocked him. *sigh*
I've used "The Method" a few times on shirts with real MOP buttons (Zegna, Borrelli, et al.). Maybe the vinegar soak I use is too dilute or too short, but I've never really had a problem. I was concerned about this too initially, so I tried it out on a sacrificial lamb with real MOP buttons the first time. No issue. But I'm also not convinced that step does much, so I agree you can skip it.
Do I recall correctly one or more of you like to "mate" your hangers with your suits? If so, I have at least one Oxxford and one PRL wooden hanger (the thin kind; not the ones with the massive shoulders) that I'm not really doing much of anything with. PM me if interested.

There's a few of us... I've posted most actively about it I think, but ick578 is looking for an Isaia hanger. I might give him mine if we ever manage to meet up, since it's for a smaller dude, but finding a large one for the Isaia suit I WILL have someday is going to be difficult ^^;

I can use the fat-shouldered Oxxford hangers, but am looking to divest myself of the thin-shouldered ones as well, in fact. Sorry!
post #31698 of 118148
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter7 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
350x233px-LL-5191d43c_DSC_0936.jpeg350x233px-LL-bcac95d1_DSC_0937.jpeg Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
20 x
350x233px-LL-263c4a45_DSC_0920.jpeg350x233px-LL-054ed155_DSC_0921.jpeg350x233px-LL-6401c5f7_DSC_0922.jpeg350x233px-LL-dc243929_DSC_0923.jpeg350x233px-LL-b9d2fd34_DSC_0925.jpeg

5 x
350x233px-LL-cd878ab6_DSC_0927.jpeg350x233px-LL-58b742dd_DSC_0928.jpeg350x233px-LL-a5ba0462_DSC_0929.jpeg

1 x
350x233px-LL-ebdd3956_DSC_0930.jpeg

5 x
350x233px-LL-06f04235_DSC_0935.jpeg350x233px-LL-32f7f03d_DSC_0933.jpeg[URL=http://cdn.styleforum.n
et/1/12/1253d5ee_DSC_0934.jpeg]350x233px-LL-1253d5ee_DSC_0934.jpeg[/URL]

Yes.  Thrifted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter7 View Post


Exactly how I felt when I realized it was half price day rotflmao.gif

205

This is unlikely to assuage Frenchy Valium's jealousy suspicions of how dm7 comes about these bargains on the reg.....

 
post #31699 of 118148

ya DM7 is on the Pier-We-Are-Having-Multiple-Wholesales-Mark-Jacobys tip

post #31700 of 118148

If anyone is interested in trying this out, I read in a book that you can use a coat of clear nail polish on shell buttons to give them a nice shine. I was thinking about trying that on the ones that I "clouded over" with the oxy method.  I haven't gotten around to it, but I thought someone else may be interested.

post #31701 of 118148
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWGP View Post

There's a few of us... I've posted most actively about it I think, but ick578 is looking for an Isaia hanger. I might give him mine if we ever manage to meet up, since it's for a smaller dude, but finding a large one for the Isaia suit I WILL have someday is going to be difficult ^^;
I can use the fat-shouldered Oxxford hangers, but am looking to divest myself of the thin-shouldered ones as well, in fact. Sorry!

I'm looking for a J Press hanger right now, can trade wishbone Brooks Bros hangers for it.
post #31702 of 118148

Just had a new ebay member leave me positive feedback before I shipped the item rolleyes.gif

post #31703 of 118148


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

A couple shoes from yesterday.
First up, a pair of old Allen Edmonds, these don't even have a model name on the insoles. Anybody seen these before?
263
Florehseim pebble grain longwings.263
Minnatonka double deer driving mocs, look to be unworn. Does this mean they are double ply deer skin?
263263
Also, three pairs of trees.


Nice haul! worship.gif

 

How much were the trees?

 

post #31704 of 118148

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post

ya DM7 is on the Pier-We-Are-Having-Multiple-Wholesales-Mark-Jacobys tip



Or just paying off some kid at the thrift to hold stuff for him. The $2,000 NWT had to raise some eyebrows here.

 

post #31705 of 118148
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylamer View Post

 



Or just paying off some kid at the thrift to hold stuff for him. The $2,000 NWT had to raise some eyebrows here.

 



It happens. Some store will just dump a bunch of inventory and write it off as a loss. 

post #31706 of 118148
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post



It happens. Some store will just dump a bunch of inventory and write it off as a loss. 

Why dont I know anyone like this devil.gif
post #31707 of 118148
Denim jackets are back in (and by a guy whose name reminds me of J-Lo's husband)? I'm sitting on a GOLD MINE from the 90's. (Srsly, I'm happy for DM7, but this is just a fashion trend I can't understand)
post #31708 of 118148
Some pics of my haul.
KITON seven fold from yesterday:
kiton002.jpg
Trafalgar Braces
braces002.jpg
Union Made steel toe boots, I couln't pass up
braces001.jpg
post #31709 of 118148

Nice collection of Dead Man's Braces

post #31710 of 118148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Face View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter7 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
350x233px-LL-5191d43c_DSC_0936.jpeg350x233px-LL-bcac95d1_DSC_0937.jpeg Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
20 x
350x233px-LL-263c4a45_DSC_0920.jpeg350x233px-LL-054ed155_DSC_0921.jpeg350x233px-LL-6401c5f7_DSC_0922.jpeg350x233px-LL-dc243929_DSC_0923.jpeg350x233px-LL-b9d2fd34_DSC_0925.jpeg

5 x
350x233px-LL-cd878ab6_DSC_0927.jpeg350x233px-LL-58b742dd_DSC_0928.jpeg350x233px-LL-a5ba0462_DSC_0929.jpeg

1 x
350x233px-LL-ebdd3956_DSC_0930.jpeg

5 x
350x233px-LL-06f04235_DSC_0935.jpeg350x233px-LL-32f7f03d_DSC_0933.jpeg[URL=http://cdn.styleforum.n
et/1/12/1253d5ee_DSC_0934.jpeg]350x233px-LL-1253d5ee_DSC_0934.jpeg[/URL]

Yes.  Thrifted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter7 View Post


Exactly how I felt when I realized it was half price day rotflmao.gif

205

This is unlikely to assuage Frenchy Valium's jealousy suspicions of how dm7 comes about these bargains on the reg.....

nod[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread