or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2078

post #31156 of 114935

any Zegna Sport fans? this has a beautiful feel, micro-houndstooth pattern, and killer buttons. Large and available.

 

IMG_0434.jpg

 

 

Seersucker anyone?left one of these behind, proxy available (they wanted $40). 42R if i remember correctly, and seemingly in good condition.

 

Brooks Bros Seersucker, Milano Fit

post #31157 of 114935
MAINY - I can help with shipping... whats up? PM if you like, but ask here if you can for public education...smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by elev8rz View Post


Seersucker anyone?left one of these behind, proxy available (they wanted $40). 42R if i remember correctly, and seemingly in good condition.

Brooks Bros Seersucker, Milano Fit

40R and yeah! Is it the suit or the SC?
post #31158 of 114935
post #31159 of 114935

IDK how that is real, but the size helps...even small for a 36
 

 

 

post #31160 of 114935

It had 2400+ views (not sure how many were after the auction ended though).

post #31161 of 114935

another chubby inducing find,listening to some Tammy Wynette paired with Polk A,damn sounds good.

 

IMAG0349.jpg

 

IMAG0351.jpg

post #31162 of 114935


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

 
40R and yeah! Is it the suit or the SC?


It's the full suit, my friend. I'll make it back there Monday at the latest to check it out. PM me your usual measurements to make sure it's a fit.

 

post #31163 of 114935

 

Zegna Brown sportcoat - $50
Valentino Suit - $20
Armani black and white houndstooth sportcoat - $20
Hugo Boss Suit - $75
Canali Green sportcoat - $50
 
All from one place here in Toronto.

 

post #31164 of 114935

Went on an all day spree with toscano_adottato today.  A few notables.  

 

First off, can I get some help authenticating this Stefano Ricci tie?  What threw me for a loop is the somewhat gaudy gold lettering in the name, and the fact that there's no content label at all.  Otherwise, it seems pretty good quality.  It's definitely printed silk, and the silk has some weight to it.  I didn't/wouldn't think Ricci ties are popular enough to be faked, but stranger things have happened.  Anyone feel free to chime in.

 

102_1493.JPG

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

102_1488.JPG

102_1489.JPG

 

 

Shirts:  Recent HF, Zegna, Zegna.  All my size icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif.  Had to leave 3-4 other similar recent Zegnas behind due to serious collar/pit stain action going on.  The striped one has a little bit that should come out with an Oxy, but the purple one is pretty much good to go.  

 

102_1495.JPG

 

 

Hickey Freeman Bespoke jacket.  Don't think this is an orphan based on the jacket pattern and the buttons.  Might be wrong.

 

102_1491.JPG

102_1492.JPG

 

 

Oh, and this one that some of you guise may have heard of.  First time I've seen toscano get really excited about a find in awhile, haha.  I handed it off to him since it's his size.  

 

20120407_185642.jpg

 

Insanely thick and large buttons.  Several were cracked though, but it's worth it to replace them on this bad boy.


Edited by AndroFan - 4/7/12 at 8:59pm
post #31165 of 114935
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

MAINY - I can help with shipping... whats up? PM if you like, but ask here if you can for public education...smile.gif

So, I shipped something express to germany, and the tracking just says this: Addressee requests own pick-up - Item being held, addressee being notified.

It's been 4 days now... the buyer told me they got the item and are happy with it but I'm pissed because I paid a ton of money extra for express and have no proof of delivery. Have you ever had this happen? I guess I'm going to have to go to the PO and bitch about it...
post #31166 of 114935
Today

Harris Tweed. 42S
523 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
234

Hickey Freeman. 43L
523 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
234

Angelo Nardelli. 44R. Has cool metal buttons. Anyone know anything about this label?
523 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
234
234
Also had this little guy in the pocket...
234

Giorgio Armani. 38R
523 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
234

AE (9D), J&M (10D), Tods (9)
234

Corneliani. 16/41. Very cool detail pattern in the fabric. White contrast collar/french cuffs.
234 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
234

Also picked up a couple of shirts and wooden hangers (as you can see nod[1].gif).
post #31167 of 114935
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainy View Post

So, I shipped something express to germany, and the tracking just says this: Addressee requests own pick-up - Item being held, addressee being notified.
It's been 4 days now... the buyer told me they got the item and are happy with it but I'm pissed because I paid a ton of money extra for express and have no proof of delivery. Have you ever had this happen? I guess I'm going to have to go to the PO and bitch about it...

That is a new one, certainly. Never heard of that before. Although, you can file a non receipt claim for the insurance provided by Express mail without proof of delivery. Thats an instant win. Just saying.
post #31168 of 114935

That Armani is actually kind of cool and in my size.

post #31169 of 114935
So, hit up an old haunt before coming back from vacation. My first time in a thrift store in years, felt good to be back laugh.gif

Came back with a few questions...

Awesome corduroy pants embroidered with ducks - construction is top notch, but the only label I see is the one below. Any clue? Damn shame these are too big on me, I love them.
bd8c13a4.jpg
7f1b4429.jpg

Then, this great Gitman Bros. plaid short sleeved shirt in XXL:
0c6c20e3.jpg

Last, a gorgeous Brooks Brothers recent tweed jacket, but I never saw a comp label like this one - was it MTM?
2be00461.jpg

Also a pair of articulated shoe trees by Johnston & Murphy, gold knobs, $4.99.

Everything is available (except the trees)
post #31170 of 114935
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroFan View Post

Oh, and this one that some of you guise may have heard of.  First time I've seen toscano get really excited about a find in awhile, haha.  I handed it off to him since it's his size.  

 

20120407_185642.jpg

 

Insanely thick and large buttons.  Several were cracked though, but it's worth it to replace them on this bad boy.


Wow!! wow.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread