or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 2015

post #30211 of 109536

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanC View Post


I think you need to let the thread know what size suit you need for your job interview. You'll get one at a good price from someone.


Quote:
 

Originally Posted by catside View Post


Good luck dude. We "depend on the kindness of strangers" at times. What suit are you looking for?


Quote:
 

Originally Posted by 330CK View Post


+1 If I have something in his size, I'll send it off for just the cost of shipping.


+1000, I hope it isn't a 36-38, because I am currently proxying a couple of beautiful Tom James Suits for another member and left about 4 on the rack. Wouldn't have minded picking up another.

 

post #30212 of 109536

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by valium View Post

check the bottom of the seat for a stamp (sometimes a sticker)...if its a BURKE its meh,if its a KNOLL then its a yay 

 

 

P1050565.JPG

 

^^^ No sticker, no stamp, no nuthin'.  IIRC it came with a stinky Sunkist-Orange cushion that I ended up throwing out.

 

UPDATE: After doing some research on the web, I am certain that my desk chair is a Burke (not Knoll facepalm.gif ) Tulip Chair.

 

http://modfrugal.com/tag/burke-chair-restoration/

 


Edited by Typhoid Jones - 3/29/12 at 10:01pm
post #30213 of 109536
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC View Post


I think you need to let the thread know what size suit you need for your job interview. You'll get one at a good price from someone.


 



Quote:
Originally Posted by catside View Post


Good luck dude. We "depend on the kindness of strangers" at times. What suit are you looking for?


 



Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CK View Post


+1 If I have something in his size, I'll send it off for just the cost of shipping.
Edit:
Looked at his profile. Apparently a 38S. Off-hand, I know I have a khaki suit in that size range. Not exactly normal business attire, but if he wants it, cost of shipping will get it. Also, should mention it will need to see a dry cleaner, as there are small, light stains.
Originally bought it for myself without trying it on. (I have the "if it doesn't fit me, it'll fit someone at SF" mentality in thrift stores). The pants fit me well...the coat not so much. Was going to scrap the jacket and just steal the pants because the fabric is just awesome.
Measurements
Chest: 20.5"
Sleeves: 24" (+1.25")
Shoulders: 18"
Length: 28.5"
Waist: 31"
Length: 28.5"
Rise: 11.5"
IMG_7938.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_7940.jpg
IMG_7941.jpg
IMG_7942.jpg


I love this community. You guys rock. Also, I should probably catalog what I've got so I could actually answer this question facepalm.gif

post #30214 of 109536

He's a 38S...possible to go back and get them?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tben View Post

Quote:


Quote:
 


Quote:
 


+1000, I hope it isn't a 36-38, because I am currently proxying a couple of beautiful Tom James Suits for another member and left about 4 on the rack. Wouldn't have minded picking up another.

 



 

post #30215 of 109536


yeah they always came in orange or yellow,hmm there was definitely a identifying plate there where the imprint is.

this is a Burke chair by the way:

 

burke-dinette.jpg

 

and if you like chairs check these out ,got these for $100 (all six)

 

IMAG0103.jpg

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoid Jones View Post

 

 

P1050565.JPG

 

^^^ No sticker, no stamp, no nuthin'.  IIRC it came with a stinky Sunkist-Orange cushions that I ended up throwing out.  Now I wish I knew something about it.  facepalm.gif

 



 

post #30216 of 109536
Leeds 11D black shell cordovan

467

I believe these are Alden for BB, color 8 shell cordovan, 10C
467 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
263 263

Press Hopsack, most likely 41, very trad 3/2 patch pockets.

467 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
263

Zegna DB with Z buttons, 54EU=44-46 US
467 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
467263263

Burberry for Saks suit 42
467 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
263263263

Brioni for Barneys, light flannel 42 R suit

467 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
263263

Brioni DB 4 season weight 42 R suit

467 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
467
263
263
263
263

My first RG, not very crazy M
263 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
467

Gitman Bro 15.5/34
263 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
263

Two kid size T&A for you know who. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
467
467

RLPL L
263

All available but I am deep in red so no lowball offers please.
post #30217 of 109536
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by catside View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Leeds 11D black shell cordovan
467
I believe these are Alden for BB, color 8 shell cordovan, 10C
467

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
263
Press Hopsack, most likely 41, very trad 3/2 patch pockets.
467 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
263
Zegna DB with Z buttons, 54EU=44-46 US
467 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
467263263
Burberry for Saks suit 42
467 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
263263263
Brioni for Barneys, light flannel 42 R
467 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
263263
Brioni DB 4 season weight 42 R
467 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
467
263
263
263
263
My first RG, not very crazy M
263 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
467
Gitman Bro 15.5/34
263 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
263
Two kid size T&A for you know who.
467 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
467
RLPL L
263
All available but I am deep in red so no lowball offers please.

 

 


I think I was just one-upped.

 

Those aldens are sexy!  Not my size confused.gif

 

You probably should have left the Zegna and Burberrys if you're planning on flipping them.  

 

Altogether, nice load.  Good going!

 

 

 

 
post #30218 of 109536
Quote:
Originally Posted by valium View Post

this is a Burke chair by the way:

350x489px-LL-0aaedc7a_burke-dinette.jpeg


Frenchy, stop confusing me! Just change your name back to Frenchy, start fighting with Man of Lint again: I pine for the olden days!
post #30219 of 109536

Oh man those are awesome. Damn me having the same neck size as you know who...
post #30220 of 109536
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter7 View Post



I think I was just one-upped.

Those aldens are sexy!  Not my size confused.gif

You probably should have left the Zegna and Burberrys if you're planning on flipping them.  

Altogether, nice load.  Good going!



Dude, it is hard (impossible) to catch you.
I like the Zegna actually. I buy stuff that I will wear and I think my pals will wear. Flipping is to bring the expenses down only as you see I have finished college many many years ago:-))
post #30221 of 109536

which part is confusing you,cant two people know stuff about stuff?
i see his timeout ends in may,maybe you will get your wish soon :) i didnt know so many people miss the guy,he did know his shit,true dat

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobizor View Post


Frenchy, stop confusing me! Just change your name back to Frenchy, start fighting with Man of Lint again: I pine for the olden days!


 

post #30222 of 109536
I wish I knew about thrifting back in school. Once I paid my rent by buying all the $1 books from the used book store in my parent's town and reselling them to the used book store in my college town. biggrin.gif

The closest I ever got to flipping was that glorious week on eBay when I lucked out and all my Criterion DVDs I hadn't opened yet went out of print.
post #30223 of 109536


how much did you get per book? im really interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by valium View Post

which part is confusing you,cant two people know stuff about stuff?
i see his timeout ends in may,maybe you will get your wish soon :) i didnt know so many people miss the guy,he did know his shit,true dat

 



 



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by noobizor View Post

I wish I knew about thrifting back in school. Once I paid my rent by buying all the $1 books from the used book store in my parent's town and reselling them to the used book store in my college town. biggrin.gif
The closest I ever got to flipping was that glorious week on eBay when I lucked out and all my Criterion DVDs I hadn't opened yet went out of print.


 

post #30224 of 109536

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndroFan View Post

He's a 38S...possible to go back and get them?

 



 


facepalm.gif Not until sometime next week. That is a shame, they are around a 37-38S, 23" sleeves. Two Brown (light and medium), one pinstripe power suit type, then a more casual pinstripe, IIRC. I am not sure they would be appropriate for an interview, however, the browns are solid colors and would probably be appropriate. Hopefully they will still be there and I have the remaining colors correct.

 

post #30225 of 109536

Quote:

Originally Posted by 330CK View Post

Oh man those are awesome. Damn me having the same neck size as you know who...

peepwall[1].gif '

 

Those are awesome!! nod[1].gif

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread