or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1976

post #29626 of 114833

Found a Hilditch and Key shirt, fine dark purple and white stripes, 17" collar (my size), great shape, less than $10. SCORE.

 

Got it home, buttoned it up -- fit great!

 

Then I realized that the sleeves weren't bunching up a couple inches north of my wrists, but were in fact that short.

 

Anyone a 17/32 or so? If not, I guess I'll be wearing this one as a casual shirt with the sleeves rolled up. :)

 

Oh, and is anyone (I estimate) a 15.5-16 with the initials T.G. or T.A.? Some guy donated a whole bunch of H+K bespoke shirts with his monogram on them.

post #29627 of 114833

Found this really nice Woolrich tweed shirt. I'm still debating whether to keep it or sell it on Ebay. It's essentially new with tags. I'm not a big fan of getting stuff dry cleaned, but I've been wanting a nice wool shirt. Came close a couple of weeks ago with a classic Pendleton shirt, but when I tried it on, it became apparent that it had shrunk. Anyone a medium with 25" arms?

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

shirt

 

post #29628 of 114833
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post



What are those?

Florsheim Imperial Long wings in SHELL Cordovan. Just to make up for his mistaken purchase last week.
004.jpg
post #29629 of 114833

maybe...how are you taking your arm measurements? Shoulder to sleeve cuff?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Found this really nice Woolrich tweed shirt. I'm still debating whether to keep it or sell it on Ebay. It's essentially new with tags. I'm not a big fan of getting stuff dry cleaned, but I've been wanting a nice wool shirt. Came close a couple of weeks ago with a classic Pendleton shirt, but when I tried it on, it became apparent that it had shrunk. Anyone a medium with 25" arms?

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 



 

post #29630 of 114833

That was the Pendleton shirt. I was being sarcastic. I have 32.5" sleeves, these came to a little past my elbows. I didn't buy that shirt.

 

The Woolrich shirt is a straight large (probably a vintage size, as most newer shirts, I am a medium) and fits me perfectly.

post #29631 of 114833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Found this really nice Woolrich tweed shirt. I'm still debating whether to keep it or sell it on Ebay. It's essentially new with tags. I'm not a big fan of getting stuff dry cleaned, but I've been wanting a nice wool shirt. Came close a couple of weeks ago with a classic Pendleton shirt, but when I tried it on, it became apparent that it had shrunk. Anyone a medium with 25" arms?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
350x261px-LL-e9aaaec9_8521A7B8.jpeg

i'd keep it.

Woolrich makes nice stuff (for the most part) but the only things that sell well on ebay are WWM and, sometimes, Woolrich John Rich & Bros. If it fits well and you like it, keeping it will probably be better than the 10 or so bucks you'd make of ebay.
post #29632 of 114833

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

That was the Pendleton shirt. I was being sarcastic. I have 32.5" sleeves, these came to a little past my elbows. I didn't buy that shirt.

 

The Woolrich shirt is a straight large (probably a vintage size, as most newer shirts, I am a medium) and fits me perfectly.


ah my mistake. sarcasm is occasionally lost on me.

 

On another note, found some Red Wing Boots Size 9D. They look to be hardly worn, if at all. Not sure if they are authenic or not as I can't find them online... Do you guys know any tell tale signs of fakes? They have some numbers on them 58041 & 206

 

IMG_20120323_065745.jpg

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

IMG_20120323_065721.jpg

 

IMG_20120323_065921.jpg

IMG_20120323_065930.jpg

 

 

post #29633 of 114833

I'd be extremely surprised if Red Wings were faked.  Someone smarter than myself can chime in though. 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdeep2001 View Post

Quote:


ah my mistake. sarcasm is occasionally lost on me.

 

On another note, found some Red Wing Boots Size 9D. They look to be hardly worn, if at all. Not sure if they are authenic or not as I can't find them online... Do you guys know any tell tale signs of fakes? They have some numbers on them 58041 & 206

 

IMG_20120323_065745.jpg

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

IMG_20120323_065721.jpg

 

IMG_20120323_065921.jpg

IMG_20120323_065930.jpg

 

 



 

post #29634 of 114833
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

MONTHLY THRIFT THREAD COMPLAINT LIST
USPS policies
selling pants
ebay/paypal monopoly

whats next/

High gas prices? biggrin.gif
post #29635 of 114833
Made a run on my lunch break, picked up these Armani sunglasses:

263

Nothing spectacular but I found a perfect fitting J Crew chino blazer for the spring here and a UK made wool cardigan for fall. Passed on an ugly blue and red Pringle Sport sweater and one other decent sweater I can't remember at the moment, both size 44.

Going to have to hit some thrifts this weekend since it appears Nataku is out of town and not beating me to everything... wink.gif
post #29636 of 114833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikethelights View Post

Going to have to hit some thrifts this weekend since it appears Nataku is out of town and not beating me to everything... wink.gif

biggrin.gif

Good luck!


Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmac7 View Post

High gas prices? biggrin.gif

Speaking of which, we landed in SoCal yesterday and I couldn't believe the gas prices. $4.45 for regular! Yikes! That's almost $1 more per gallon than back home.
post #29637 of 114833

Big thanks for highlifeman for some cheap Allen Edmonds in my size!!!! A little elbow grease and as good as new.

 

Photobucket

 

Before, Middle & After Pictures (Click to show)

 

 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
 
post #29638 of 114833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Big thanks for highlifeman for some cheap Allen Edmonds in my size!!!! A little elbow grease and as good as new. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Did you just use a suede eraser/brush or something else?
post #29639 of 114833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikethelights View Post

Going to have to hit some thrifts this weekend since it appears Nataku is out of town and not beating me to everything... wink.gif

You still have to fight off Dahl wink.gif
post #29640 of 114833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larson McCord View Post

Did you just use a suede eraser/brush or something else?

Just a suede eraser/brush. Nothing else, no chemicals.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread