or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1906

post #28576 of 121473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post



PS - pnutpug, send me all your $5 RLPL, Brioni, Kiton suits and jackets that have holes. I'll front you the cash fistbump.gif

Actually, I just shipped a Brioni sport coat with a small hole on a sleeve (which I missed in my excitement of scoring Brioni for five bucks) to my guy who sells the stuff I find for a split--I don't have the patience to take the pictures and deal with buyers/flakes. If you're truly interested, let me know and I can put you in touch with the man who has the goods, and we can make something work for all three of us.

I'm going to say that, judging from responses from folks with more experience flipping than myself, I was mistaken. If there are really folks out there who'd pay $100-plus for an orphan with an obvious hole, then someone should fill the need.
post #28577 of 121473
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post

Actually, I just shipped a Brioni sport coat with a small hole on a sleeve (which I missed in my excitement of scoring Brioni for five bucks) to my guy who sells the stuff I find for a split--I don't have the patience to take the pictures and deal with buyers/flakes. If you're truly interested, let me know and I can put you in touch with the man who has the goods, and we can make something work for all three of us.
I'm going to say that, judging from responses from folks with more experience flipping than myself, I was mistaken. If there are really folks out there who'd pay $100-plus for an orphan with an obvious hole, then someone should fill the need.

So you're saying I can feed my quality yet slightly damaged clothing items to Spoo and he'll cut me in?
post #28578 of 121473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post

So you're saying I can feed my quality yet slightly damaged clothing items to Spoo and he'll cut me in?

 

You can feed your slightly damaged quality items to Brianpore and he'll cut you in mwink[1].gif (not to step on the great one's toes or anything).

post #28579 of 121473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post

So you're saying I can feed my quality yet slightly damaged clothing items to Spoo and he'll cut me in?

I'm not in Spoo's league. Not even close.
post #28580 of 121473

Wow. A whole hour and a half without a comment. ??? Hmmmmmmm. Uhhhh. I found a wool Rooster tie yesterday. cool.gif

IMG_8176.JPG

post #28581 of 121473
Either we're all re-focusing on jobs, the admonitions against posting inferior goods are taking hold, or this thread is facing the same fate as the original trading post (i.e., its denizens defecting elsewhere). I like none of those options.
post #28582 of 121473

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46n2 View Post

Wow. A whole hour and a half without a comment. ??? 


Everyone's out thrifting!

post #28583 of 121473

MIssed one today! In my lunch hour I was back in the charity shops and came across a Nino Cerruti lambswool plaid jacket, really loud! And double breasted. Made in Italy. Being a beginner, I didn't know the name. Is there any demand for this kind of jacket? Looks like something from the sixties or seventies. It was £9.95. Should I take a punt?

 

Cheers

post #28584 of 121473
Pass if you are not going to wear it happily. Also read the first few hundred pages which will be immensely helpful.
post #28585 of 121473
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUNGELIZARD View Post

MIssed one today! In my lunch hour I was back in the charity shops and came across a Nino Cerruti lambswool plaid jacket, really loud! And double breasted. Made in Italy. Being a beginner, I didn't know the name. Is there any demand for this kind of jacket? Looks like something from the sixties or seventies. It was £9.95. Should I take a punt?

 

Cheers



ebb22674_not-sure-if-serious.jpg

post #28586 of 121473
Quote:
Originally Posted by catside View Post

Pass if you are not going to wear it happily. Also read the first few hundred pages which will be immensely helpful.



Cheers catside. It's my bedtime reading! There's only so much you can take in all at once, thoughdozingoff.gif

 

post #28587 of 121473

pair of zanellas size 36, 7/10 condition $2.99

post #28588 of 121473

37 or 43 pleats?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post

pair of zanellas size 36, 7/10 condition $2.99



 

post #28589 of 121473

Spring training baseball time in AZ, can't beat a day at the ballpark. But I did go to the Sally next to me and picked up two pairs of shoes for a trade. Had seen them last week but at a 13D, passed:

 

AE Strands in black 13D, in great shape, still have original heels, small scuff/scrape on toe, but very fixable:

 

IMAG0718.jpgIMAG0725.jpg

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

IMAG0720.jpgIMAG0721.jpgIMAG0723.jpgIMAG0724.jpg

Second pair, 13M, burgundy penny loafer, new heels, well made, don't know maker, footbed says "Genuine Handsewn, Made in U.S.A", any ideas on maker? Edited these are made by FRYE.

 

IMAG0726.jpgIMAG0728.jpg

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

IMAG0727.jpgIMAG0729.jpg

Lastly, a pair of Hickey Freeman customized clothes grey dress slacks 34x31½ cuffed 1½", fell like new without tag, still had some sort of item number inside:

 

IMAG0732.jpgIMAG0730.jpg

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

IMAG0731.jpgIMAG0734.jpgIMAG0735.jpg

 

 

 


Edited by lastdonb - 3/13/12 at 8:58pm
post #28590 of 121473
Found 2 items today a NWT Zegna tie nothing crazy but nice pick up. Also a DSQUARED2 denim jacket. I need some help for SW&D guys on this one. I am not sure that it was a good pick, but it seems that I have heard of the brand on the board. First is is Mens or Womens? Size 50 Made in Italy
DSQUARED2001.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread