Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 3:08 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 3/26/17 at 7:37am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1902post #28516 of 1387283/12/12 at 6:00pmpost #28517 of 1387283/12/12 at 6:03pmpost #28518 of 1387283/12/12 at 6:12pm
Ermenegildo Zegna ‘High Performance’ Suit – Navy, 2-Button, Pleated PantsE Zegna Navy Suit 46R Sizes (Click to show)
Jacket (2 button, pick-stitching , quality all-over)
Chest – 23.5in.
Length – 34in.
Shoulder Width – 21in.
Sleeve Length – 24in. with 1.5” to let out.
Pants (Double Pleated, Cuff, 1” to let out and keep cuffs)
Waist – 18in.
Inseam – 31in.
Handmade Sippy’s SC – (Gray Glen Plaid with subtle Red check, 2-Button) Photos Added 3.12.12Sippys Size + New Pics (Click to show)
Chest – 24.5in
Sleeve Length – 24.5in
Length – 31.25in.
E Zegna Shirt (MOP Buttons, Purple/Navy/Red Check, Button down collar)Size (Click to show)
Neck – 16in
Sleeve – 36.5in
Pit-to-Pit – 36in
Brooks Brothers DB SC -Size (Click to show)
Sleeve Length - 25"
Shoulder Width @ Top Seam to Seam - 19"
Chest Width - 21.5"
Probably keeping the Harris Tweed for myself and find a chance to wear it one last time this season!
Old Post with Pics (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Samuel Smith
Changed it up a bit yesterday and found a new spot which will now be incorporated to the usual run :)
Ermenegildo Zegna High Performance Navy Suit (Along the Lines of 46R)- Pleated Pants - Pristine Condition, quality everywhere - I can see why these are so popular, AVAILABLE, can get Measurements if needed
Ermenegildo Zegna XL Shirt - Really annoyed this wasnt a L - condition to be verified :D crisp, AVAILABLE
Light brown Harris Tweed Blazer - 43R - Slight damage near the Harris Tweed Badge (see picture)Harris Tweed (Click to show)
Navy DB Brooks Brothers SC - Picked this up because I thought it would interest someone. Fits like 40-42R.DB Brooks Brothers SC (Click to show)
Most Intriguing Thrift - Handmade SC Marco Polo Super 140's by Sippys of Hong Kong - Specially made for Allen Tate Jr.. Amazing craft and quality everywhere - bigger in the stomach than chest probably 48R.
My First Zanella's :) Must be around 40waist nice light grey tight windowpane. quality all over and perfect condition
I will post measurements later today. Thanks!
edited E Zegna shirt.post #28519 of 1387283/12/12 at 6:14pmpost #28520 of 1387283/12/12 at 6:22pm
Got this Hickey Freeman suit on ebay. Now I'm putting back on ebay. 42r.post #28521 of 1387283/12/12 at 6:23pmpost #28522 of 1387283/12/12 at 6:41pmpost #28523 of 1387283/12/12 at 6:45pmpost #28524 of 1387283/12/12 at 6:52pmpost #28525 of 1387283/12/12 at 7:15pm
So today I go to one store. I was flipping through suits and sportcoats, seeing nothing but the usual Stafford, Cricketeer, and Jos A Bank. Finally, I get to the LAST sportcoat on the rack, which appears very nice. I open to look at the label and BAM...
Side vented, appears recent... By the pattern, I knew it was definitely a suit jacket, but the pants weren't with it. I look over the jacket a little closer, AND
I tell myself, "okay, only a couple small holes, easily reweavable. If I find the pants its still totally worth it." I frantically flipped through the pants rack, and ahead I see some gray nailhead pants in the same color. SCORE. I head over to the pants, and as I'm getting closer I see the purple label with cursive writing. FINALLY my luck has turned around. Then I actually read the writing on the label...
Talk about wanting to punch Ron Cherskin. I would like to take baseball bat to Mr. Flussers knee caps.
Obviously, I searched the whole store and never found the pants. Still, it felt wrong to pass on a $5 RLPL jacket, so I picked it up. Maybe there's some guy out there with gray nailhead RLPL pants that has been waiting for this jacket to come along...post #28526 of 1387283/12/12 at 7:31pmpost #28527 of 1387283/12/12 at 7:37pmpost #28528 of 1387283/12/12 at 7:37pm
Went to one of my regular stores today on sale day! Looks like everything had been picked out already except for this Christian Dior tie. Fabric woven in Italy! Available is anybody wants it.post #28529 of 1387283/12/12 at 7:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by CuffLinks28
Went to one of my regular stores today on sale day! Looks like everything had been picked out already except for this Christian Dior tie. Fabric woven in Italy! Available is anybody wants it.
This is a joke, right?post #28530 of 1387283/12/12 at 7:39pmQuote:
Yes and no. The old stuff is fab--I have a flannel suit found at GW that's the bomb, as well made as any mainline BB these days. I couldn't sell it for squirrel doo-doo, but, fortunately, it fits and is a staple in cool weather. Ebay fools notwithstanding, any 346 is a tough flip, even on AAAC, even the vintage stuff that's the equivalent of, I daresay, RLPL (yes, I think that a fair amount of old-school 346 is that good). There are too many label whores and too few aficionados. Vintage JAB is another example. It is well-made and thoughtful--and utterly worthless. I sob most every time I see it when it's not my size, I rejoice when it fits. That is, should be, the magic of thrifting: Finding unique stuff that works for you. Finding stuff to flip is only a bonus.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 8 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 10 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...