or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1885

post #28261 of 137595

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samuel Smith View Post

so I don't read the thread last night and this is what happens :X just so happens im a 36x32. YES PLEASE ......reading past few pages to see if they are still avail...


Sent him a PM, they aren't available. baldy[1].gif

post #28262 of 137595
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

Quote:


Sent him a PM, they aren't available. baldy%5B1%5D.gif

baldy[1].giffacepalm.gifffffuuuu.gifcloud.gifbutbut.gifuhoh.gifcry.gif

.......

deadhorse-a.gif
post #28263 of 137595

Thrift fit!  Doing my best upr_crust impression today.  

 

Suit: Vintage Brooks Bros "346" 3/2 three piece suit (from circa 1970s, back when 346 was actually a good line).  This thing is BALL-ER.  Flannel, super heavy and ridiculously soft.  Elegant.  I don't typically have trad inclinations, but this thing rules.  The vest may be too short - I honestly don't know, as this is the first three piece I've ever owned - but everything else about it feels like it fits right.

Shirt: Brooks Bros slim fit

Tie: Ben Silver

Shoes: Allen Edmonds Park Avenue

 

100% thrifted.

 

20120309_113028.jpg

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

20120309_113146.jpg

20120309_113055.jpg

20120309_113420.jpg

 

 


Edited by AndroFan - 3/9/12 at 9:23am
post #28264 of 137595
^^ Great suit, AndroFan! I have a few Brooks Brothers 346 flannel suits from that same era, including a three piece, and they are among my favorites.
post #28265 of 137595
I stopped in Marshall's today just to see if any Kiton suits had been marked down to $200. Not found.

A thought occurred to me while I was there, however. When you come across a tie or shirt by Donald Trump, do you immediately think of Man of Lint?
post #28266 of 137595

damn - the middle right ones were calling out to me.... among others! someone jumped on that quickly then.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

Quote:


Sent him a PM, they aren't available. baldy%5B1%5D.gif



 

post #28267 of 137595

hahahahah the other day I saw a picture of Donald Trump, and thought to myself, "Hey it's Man of Lint!"
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post

I stopped in Marshall's today just to see if any Kiton suits had been marked down to $200. Not found.
A thought occurred to me while I was there, however. When you come across a tie or shirt by Donald Trump, do you immediately think of Man of Lint?


 

post #28268 of 137595
Quote:
Originally Posted by catside View Post

Too many PMs, too little time perhaps. I wish those pants were a size larger. But of course I do not need them.

True enough.
I got 8 or 9 PMs within about 30 minutes of posting.
Between them, I figured the pants would all be taken so I was trying to work trades/sales and be equitable to those who responded in order.
But I did try to respond to all who messaged. Sorry if I missed you.

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to be fair to those looking to trade/buy without simply opening it up to the highest bidder, else they'd go straight to the bay.

Thanks,
O
post #28269 of 137595
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroFan View Post

Thrift fit!  Doing my best upr_crust impression today.  

 

Suit: Vintage Brooks Bros "346" 3/2 three piece suit (from circa 1970s, back when 346 was actually a good line).  This thing is BALL-ER.  Flannel, super heavy and ridiculously soft.  Elegant.  I don't typically have trad inclinations, but this thing rules.  The vest may be too short - I honestly don't know, as this is the first three piece I've ever owned - but everything else about it feels like it fits right.

Shirt: Brooks Bros slim fit

Tie: Ben Silver

Shoes: Allen Edmonds Park Avenue

 

100% thrifted.

 

20120309_113028.jpg

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

20120309_113146.jpg

20120309_113055.jpg

20120309_113420.jpg

 

 



Great fit! The lapels might be getting a little wide, but your shoulders are pretty wide too. The waistcoat is not at all too short. Looks just right. 

post #28270 of 137595
^Hey Andro,
What's wrong with right shoulder? Invest in a steam Rowenta and some linen ironing cloth dude.
post #28271 of 137595
One store today.... it went, shall we say, well. This is why we thrift. ^^;

All available.

NWT Bills Khakis jeans size 38:
466

vintage Harris Tweed interesting pattern - untagged for size, but pit to pit is 24. 3 roll 2:
466

Chester Barrie for Barneys suit, size 40 - only downside: unvented & pleated. It is, however, available.
466

466

I'm a little :FU: right now because I also had a Pal Zileri jacket, tweed-ish feeling, that was wool & silk and about my size - and I laid it down for a minute and managed to COMPLETELY FORGET TO BUY IT - nobody else took it, it's probably still there on the rack where I laid it, I just didn't take it to the register. baldy[1].gif It was only like 3 bucks, too.

There was also an unvented Zegna suit, which I didn't get because they wanted $30 for it - I may be proxying it for someone, but if he backs out I'd be happy to proxy at cost+ship for someone else. smile.gif Size 54 IT (or was it 56?) hrmm.

Anyway, shirts & sweaters were 100% bare, and the color indicates this was put out last week, so I'm wondering if one of you other guys beat me there to some stuff? wink.gif ick578 do tell more about that suit you found! smile.gif
post #28272 of 137595
Went to one of my every other time stops today and it was packed. All of the clothes were a quarter. Place was pretty much cleaned out, but lots of suits left. And there were two awesome Yale Co-op suits dated from the late 60's I think. Problem is I had no cash on me. ffffuuuu.gif None. And it was a $5 minimum CC purchase. I ransacked my car and managed to find .09 cents musicboohoo[1].gif . Ah well.

At another stop I did find some Royal Tweed Custom grade captoes and some awesome Polo braces in what feels like a calvary twill.
post #28273 of 137595
Yale coop used a variety of makers, some of them sucked. Not a big loss unless you have an emotional connection to GCY.
post #28274 of 137595
Any 42x24.5's out there? Just saw some gorgeous Samuelsohn flannels. I was heartbroken to see a Golden Fleece navy blazer riddled with moth holes. Put it back next to the Andover Shop blazer in the same condition.
post #28275 of 137595
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty long legs View Post

Any 42x24.5's out there? Just saw some gorgeous Samuelsohn flannels. I was heartbroken to see a Golden Fleece navy blazer riddled with moth holes. Put it back next to the Andover Shop blazer in the same condition.



Samuelsohn makes capris now?

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread