Thanks! I'm new to this, sorry. Now I need to come up with a price. Anyone have that label chart so I could possibly date it?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 10:14 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 11/28/15 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 11/2/15 at 2:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Last edited: Today
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1846
Styleforum Top Picks
- Alden Shell Longwings (975/Barrie Last) Sz 10 1/2 B/D (will post before and after pix...they need a little TLC)
- Biella Collezinoni for Trillion cashmere sweater (tagged EU 54 / light blue)
- Loro Piana sweater (tagged EU 50 - this one only 75% cashmere/ a bit darker than the one above)
- Nieman Marcus merino wool sweater (made in Scotland, about the size as the Biella /gray)
- Kenneth Gordon Button Down (keeping for myself)
Also found a pair of AE Stockbridge in 11 1/5 D that look like they wear worn one or two times then tossed in the closet. Actual size wise, they look close to the Alden's so I think they may have come from the same guy.
My wife also found a couple cool made in Italy scarves.
Edited by jkidd41011 - 3/4/12 at 9:27am
40, you say? Now I want something I didn't previously want. I hate when that happens.
Don't worry, Brianpore, I got you covered: picked up a 36 S Burberry trench this weekend
GQ weighs in. Apparently, the Style Guy says that on jackets, it can go either way. In addition, I could swear that I had bought some clothes in France that buttoned on the opposite side although they were definitely for men.
However, the French also label women's clothing from 36 to 56 or so, not 2, 4, 6, 8 … as we do in the Anglo-Saxon world.
So my vote's for F — a 40 is at the small end of the women's clothing table I'm looking at right now. Translates as about a size 6.
Took a fairly long trip to hit a few stores yesterday, didn't find much but this pretty cool looking Aquascutum Sc (No size tag, 18.5 S/S, 25 sleeve, 30 BOC)Aquascutum SC (Click to show)
But, decided to stop in a place just a couple of miles from the house on the way back, and found theseTwins? (Click to show)
The lighter pair is pretty mint, just a few scuffs, the darker in very good condition too. Obviously must be from the same donor.....
Unfortunately of course, not my size , they are small and narrow- lighter ones are 8 AA/B, darker ones 8 A/C. I can almost squeeze into the 8A/C,(usually wear 8.5-9), but it aint really gonna happen.They appear to be part of the Alden footbalance system (ortho), both have padded heel inserts and are on the truflare last.
From what Ive found on the Alden website, I think they were the same color to begin with (they are both marked style 639)- interesting if that's the case.
Probably throw these on the bay & let them sit since they probably are not very in- demand due to size, unusual style & last etc., unless someone is interested.
Had a pretty good day today actually- found several nice items in my size, I'll take and post some pics up tomorrow.
Edited by highlifeman - 3/3/12 at 8:54pm
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NEW ENGLAND SHIRT COMPANY ULTIMATE CHAMBRAY -- MADE IN THE USA -- ... 4 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories