Thanks! I'm new to this, sorry. Now I need to come up with a price. Anyone have that label chart so I could possibly date it?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 8:29 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Today at 7:13 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on Today at 12:12 am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1846post #27676 of 1387283/3/12 at 6:40pmpost #27677 of 1387283/3/12 at 7:03pmMy first strong day in a long long time. I have never thrifted any of these brands before:
- Alden Shell Longwings (975/Barrie Last) Sz 10 1/2 B/D (will post before and after pix...they need a little TLC)
- Biella Collezinoni for Trillion cashmere sweater (tagged EU 54 / light blue)
- Loro Piana sweater (tagged EU 50 - this one only 75% cashmere/ a bit darker than the one above)
- Nieman Marcus merino wool sweater (made in Scotland, about the size as the Biella /gray)
- Kenneth Gordon Button Down (keeping for myself)
Also found a pair of AE Stockbridge in 11 1/5 D that look like they wear worn one or two times then tossed in the closet. Actual size wise, they look close to the Alden's so I think they may have come from the same guy.
My wife also found a couple cool made in Italy scarves.
Edited by jkidd41011 - 3/4/12 at 9:27ampost #27678 of 1387283/3/12 at 7:07pmCrap. Wife was really excited when I told her I found a women's apc trench for her. But lookin at the apc site, I may have been mistaken. Once I get home I will post more pics. Btw it's tagged 40, does that help solve the mystery of the androgynous trench?post #27679 of 1387283/3/12 at 7:08pmpost #27680 of 1387283/3/12 at 7:10pmpost #27681 of 1387283/3/12 at 7:16pmQuote:
40, you say? Now I want something I didn't previously want. I hate when that happens.post #27682 of 1387283/3/12 at 7:17pmQuote:
Don't worry, Brianpore, I got you covered: picked up a 36 S Burberry trench this weekendpost #27683 of 1387283/3/12 at 7:28pmpost #27684 of 1387283/3/12 at 8:12pmpost #27685 of 1387283/3/12 at 8:21pm
GQ weighs in. Apparently, the Style Guy says that on jackets, it can go either way. In addition, I could swear that I had bought some clothes in France that buttoned on the opposite side although they were definitely for men.
However, the French also label women's clothing from 36 to 56 or so, not 2, 4, 6, 8 … as we do in the Anglo-Saxon world.
So my vote's for F — a 40 is at the small end of the women's clothing table I'm looking at right now. Translates as about a size 6.post #27686 of 1387283/3/12 at 8:23pmpost #27687 of 1387283/3/12 at 8:26pmpost #27688 of 1387283/3/12 at 8:28pmpost #27689 of 1387283/3/12 at 8:34pm
Took a fairly long trip to hit a few stores yesterday, didn't find much but this pretty cool looking Aquascutum Sc (No size tag, 18.5 S/S, 25 sleeve, 30 BOC)Aquascutum SC (Click to show)
But, decided to stop in a place just a couple of miles from the house on the way back, and found theseTwins? (Click to show)
The lighter pair is pretty mint, just a few scuffs, the darker in very good condition too. Obviously must be from the same donor.....
Unfortunately of course, not my size , they are small and narrow- lighter ones are 8 AA/B, darker ones 8 A/C. I can almost squeeze into the 8A/C,(usually wear 8.5-9), but it aint really gonna happen.They appear to be part of the Alden footbalance system (ortho), both have padded heel inserts and are on the truflare last.
From what Ive found on the Alden website, I think they were the same color to begin with (they are both marked style 639)- interesting if that's the case.
Probably throw these on the bay & let them sit since they probably are not very in- demand due to size, unusual style & last etc., unless someone is interested.
Had a pretty good day today actually- found several nice items in my size, I'll take and post some pics up tomorrow.
Edited by highlifeman - 3/3/12 at 8:54pmpost #27690 of 1387283/3/12 at 8:36pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Flint Water and Fat 1%er Michael Moore 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 25 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 31 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 34 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 34 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 35 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 39 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 40 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 42 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding