Thanks...what would you recommend?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 12/3/16 at 3:26pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1843post #27631 of 1387283/3/12 at 7:28ampost #27632 of 1387283/3/12 at 7:30amQuote:
Ace, you approve?
Havnt had much thrifting time recently :(
Edited by Brianpore - 3/3/12 at 11:56ampost #27633 of 1387283/3/12 at 7:40ampost #27634 of 1387283/3/12 at 7:50ampost #27635 of 1387283/3/12 at 8:51ampost #27636 of 1387283/3/12 at 9:05amBeen out of action for the most part with various illnesses in the family lately... did find the below lately though, nothing special, all gas money on the bay unless anyone's particularly interested:
John Molloy made in Ireland sweater, no size tag but I'd guess L... this photo sucks, it's navy with blue flecks.
Brooks Brothers USA buttondown 15.5-33
Barbour Field Tattersall shirt, tagged EUR L US M
Barbour Country Tattersalls shirt, tagged EUR L US L (don't get the sizing difference?)
Apologies for the even-crappier-than-usual pic, but one snap and I'm back laying on the couch with some hot tea and tissues.post #27637 of 1387283/3/12 at 9:08am
On the left, a pair of Dack's camel-skin oxfords. These shoes are at least 30 years old, but they're in great shape in size 14. I can't wear them, but they came with a pair of shoe trees, and they were too cool to leave behind. If you want to kick ass in a pair of supple camel shoes, let me know and they're yours for shipping, paypal fees, and the $3 that I paid for them.
On the right, a Brioni tie.post #27638 of 1387283/3/12 at 9:25am
Any plain white non-iron shirt (with collar stays). And the tie itself might not be the problem, it is that the knot is sloppy. If the Duhill won't tie right, find another one. I've found plenty of $9 ties at TJMaxx that produce better knots than my more expensive ties. Spoo always has good knots, you should be shooting for something like this:post #27639 of 1387283/3/12 at 9:29amQuote:Originally Posted by Ace_Face
Any plain white non-iron shirt (with collar stays). And the tie itself might not be the problem, it is that the knot is sloppy. If the Duhill won't tie right, find another one. I've found plenty of $9 ties at TJMaxx that produce better knots than my more expensive ties. Spoo always has good knots, you should be shooting for something like this:
Its probably the knot tie-er not the tie. I will take the blame for that. I guess I need a lesson. Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.
post #27640 of 1387283/3/12 at 11:12am^Try to use a wider ( or tie short) and more substantial tie. A Windsor or half Windsor may look better on the mannequin. Spoo's shirt collar style is of course good, make sure to use metal collar stays so you can shape them the way you want.
Family obligations will take me near a Barney's outlet once a week, next two months. Today RLPL, Isaia, Cuccinelli, Etro etc shirts were half price at 150 plus tax range, not all sizes were available at every color. Duchamp PS 40+tax, and Isaia 7folds quite a variety 100+tax range, HF ties70 range, Brioni ties 100 range. Also other Barneys stuff. There was a particular LP Storm system outerwear (cashmere), almost a peacoat, made by Jack Victor for Barneys 250 bucks at 50% off. Mrs was with me so could not do an impulse buy.
I can proxy if u need anything.post #27641 of 1387283/3/12 at 11:30am
Stoked on this Lord Forecaster Jacket I found. But alas it's a 42 R too short in the arms for me. Couldn't pass it up though b/c it was too cool and thought I could trade it here. Dual pockets on the sides. Double vented. Fleece inside. Warm. Available to trade ?Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #27642 of 1387283/3/12 at 11:40ampost #27643 of 1387283/3/12 at 12:33pmSo yesterday wasn't as good as I thought, I noticed some damage on the Oxxford and Versace that wasn't apparent until I looked at everything in daylight.
Oxxford 3-roll-2 pinstripe suit. Jacket is in marvelous condition, pants need some work.
Sleeves: 25.5” surgeon’s cuf
Length (BOC): 31.5”
Total length: 41.5”
Inseam: 29” (5.5” to let out)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Length (BOC): 32”
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ties Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
LL Bean loafers Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Cole Haan Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Also, forgot to the take new pics of the Harris tweed. Measurements are:
Length (BOC): 30.5”
Edited by 330CK - 3/3/12 at 1:00pmpost #27644 of 1387283/3/12 at 12:58pm
Hello all, long time lurker here who loves to keep up with this thread. While I was out today I came across this Willis and Geiger wool jacket. Definitely not my style, and I never buy things that are not my size and would not wear, but I know W&G has a cult following and figured I would pick it up. Is there a specific name for this type of jacket? I searched online and couldn't find anything definitive. I figured this is one of the few places to find someone who would know or care about this. I apologize for the crappy cell phone pics.post #27645 of 1387283/3/12 at 1:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by 330CK
Cole Haan Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These look like they would clean up nice with just some leather conditioner even. Also, just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt, but something about nice leather shoes on a rusty metal grate just dosnt go together...
Just an FYI, if you are a 42L and would have any interested in this sport coat let me know ASAP. It's gone in 24 hours. I can work on the price a little especially for you guys.
Hickey Freeman Presidential NWT 95% Worsted Wool & 5% Cashmere Herringbone Sport Coat - 42L
Edited by Brianpore - 3/3/12 at 2:24pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 3 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 6 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › THE EUROPEAN THRIFT BUY /SELL / TRADE / WANT THREAD 11 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway