or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1838

post #27556 of 115115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post

(apparently they let non-SFers onto this particular GW).

Wait...what?!

Great haul, and they are my size. I would love to have that Carroll & Co. Chester Barrie, but as stated earlier, there will be more, and more, and more. We all get frustrated by what we miss (hey, I'm in the same town as mainy!), but most of us have more clothes than we know what to do with as it is. Put in the thrifting time. Things will come your way.
post #27557 of 115115
To this,
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyakku View Post

everyone would be posting where they got their finds for everyone in the region to come by and pick a store clean.

This:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicutioner View Post

facepalm.gif
PSA to everyone: be selective (think "PM") when sharing location-specific info or when offering to hook people up on a large scale. the recipients of your publicly-broadcasted info might not "pay it forward" or even contribute to this thread. (i had to learn this the hard way).

What he said.

In simpler terms, a lot of us are building trading relationships. Passing tips for fave haunts is nothin' but a PM thang, currency in building them. You give to get and vice versa.
post #27558 of 115115
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Picked up a few SCs this week.



Daaaammn. But I'm assuming none of these are 38/40 S, yes?

post #27559 of 115115
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Tom James St Patty's Sport Coat, ticket pocket, altered working cuffs (need to be made working again).

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

$(KGrHqVHJBcE9!KYNfvEBPUB96(Glg~~60_57.JPG

 

 

Abboud Windowpane

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

$(KGrHqN,!hcE8mPMNCQqBPUCQrN8l!~~60_57.JPG

 

 

Super Bold Harris Tweed by Nordstrom

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

$(KGrHqMOKjsE851RuN+UBPUDGk)Pcg~~60_57.JPG

 

 

 

These 3 are super badass! What size is that HT?


 

 

post #27560 of 115115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLjon View Post



Daaaammn. But I'm assuming none of these are 38/40 S, yes?



You have assumed correctly my friend, some 40, but none are S.

 

post #27561 of 115115
Quote:
Originally Posted by catside View Post


Since you guys did not break into a fistfight in the store and shared the jackets nicely you obviously did not violate the thrifting code. Two is more than one.
BTW you are lucky to get there before the lurker mass flippers (or flipping mass lurkers) get there.


Are there really lurkers on this forum who just go where the scent is fresh and pick the racks clean? Or is everyone just really paranoid?

post #27562 of 115115
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC View Post


Wait...what?!
Great haul, and they are my size. I would love to have that Carroll & Co. Chester Barrie, but as stated earlier, there will be more, and more, and more. We all get frustrated by what we miss (hey, I'm in the same town as mainy!), but most of us have more clothes than we know what to do with as it is. Put in the thrifting time. Things will come your way.


THIS.

 

Thrift clothing is a river... it's never the same but it's always there. 

post #27563 of 115115
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

 

These 3 are super badass! What size is that HT?


 

 


Thanks G.

The three in that order are

TJ - 44R,

Abboud - 42R 

HT - 48R
 

 

post #27564 of 115115
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post



THIS.

 

Thrift clothing is a river... it's never the same but it's always there. 



I like that, sometimes it is dried up, and sometimes you drown.

 


Edited by capnwes - 3/2/12 at 8:02am
post #27565 of 115115
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC View Post


(hey, I'm in the same town as many!)


 

My condolences!

post #27566 of 115115
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post


Thanks G.

The three in that order are

TJ - 44R,

Abboud - 42R 

HT - 48R
 

 

 

ffffuuuu.gif Oh well...

 

 

post #27567 of 115115
Yesterdays finds I'll post pics next time I have some findings:
A Brioni linen shirt that is cut like a Levis type III jacket. very strange.
Oxxford garment bag
a vintage with tags Banana Republic hat
1 Turnbull & Asser shirt
pairly worn Allen Edmond Park Avenues my size
TJ Maxx find- Southwick for Ships blue staple tie $12
post #27568 of 115115
As previewed: Loro Piana, navy cashmere, v-neck sweater. Tagged size 52 (pretty obviously a 42 US). NWT, Bergdorf's. Excuse the bad pictures.

1881fbc9.jpg

f9317bba.jpg
post #27569 of 115115
Quote:
Originally Posted by LooknGr8 View Post

To this,
This:
What he said.
In simpler terms, a lot of us are building trading relationships. Passing tips for fave haunts is nothin' but a PM thang, currency in building them. You give to get and vice versa.

This is all I mean. This makes a lot more sense than doing that.
Quote:
Are there really lurkers on this forum who just go where the scent is fresh and pick the racks clean? Or is everyone just really paranoid?

In another spot a few blocks down from this GW there are MULTIPLE people that camp out there with laptops checking their tags and posting shit on ebay from the store. I don't mind what flippers do, it's a free country and if they want to make money that's cool, but making it easier for people that don't even want to wear clothes is just stupid.

I'm not gonna keep mucking up the thread with this nonsense, once I start seeing people post the addresses of their favorite spots, including larger retailers, then I'll come around to that perspective, agreed?
post #27570 of 115115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Preacher View Post

Oxxford garment bag
 


TheWGP is going to see this and be all like:

 

excited-o.gif

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread