or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1797

post #26941 of 102697
had a good couple of trips yesterday and today. found in my size a solid navy Zegna mainline suit, and a Zegna Su Misura tropical wool black blazer with shiny chrome-looking buttons. i also grabbed something you 40L-42L dudes might be interested in:

Polo Ralph Lauren blue label, sport coat, Polo II model. Corneliani tag, tagged size 42L,heavyweight 100% flax. 3/2, dual vents, etc. available.

also: in the first picture it looks like a solid worsted wool orphan, but it's actually a heavily textured (see second picture) flax. definitely not an orphan.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
LcQnq.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
pH0IQ.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
SKCs2.jpg

i would have crapped myself in the store (or at least pulled a Klobber) if this coat had been my size.
Edited by mexicutioner - 2/24/12 at 3:20pm
post #26942 of 102697

Quote:

Originally Posted by Typhoid Jones View Post

 

 

2. Brooks Brothers (probably by Alden) black leather tassel loafers size 9 1/2 D.

 

P1050080.JPG

 

Both are in EXCELLENT condition... I don't get why people throw this stuff out.  Really?!?  -M-


15169798.jpg

post #26943 of 102697

15170319.jpg\

 

(Ok, I promise I'll stop...but it's true and happens all too often)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

Quote:


15169798.jpg



 

post #26944 of 102697
It's been a while since I went thrifting, but was able to find some decent items....

2 Loro Piana Cord Pants
Loro PIana Cotton Sweater (Available)
Prada Polo
2979eeed.jpg
ad291111.jpg
b0900218.jpg
post #26945 of 102697
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty long legs View Post

I hear yah. Awesome finds. Could only be better if they were your size.

Actually, it would be significantly better if they were in my size. Just sayin'...
post #26946 of 102697
44R (56EU). This is a 3 roll 2. Charcoal grey. Canvassed. There is NO white spot on the left. It's just my crappy cam.
P1010102.jpg

P1010103.jpg
I could be corrected, but since there is no pants waist #, this is a genuine sportcoat:
P1010104.jpg
The only neg is that the top button is cracked. The button looks like it could be easily found at a fabric shop. Basic black button with middle divot. Or get one from your extra buttons that come with your new suits.
P1010105.jpg
Edited by Shiny - 2/25/12 at 6:33am
post #26947 of 102697
I had an Interesting find today. A Vincent Nicolosi of NYC bespoke suit made with a solid navy herringbone Dormeuil fabric. It's a size 42R. This thing has tons of handwork and working cuffs. There was also a solid navy Anderson and Sheppard from the same donor that I didn't buy because of shine.

IMG_7198-1.jpg

th_IMG_7209.jpg th_IMG_7210.jpg th_IMG_7211.jpg
post #26948 of 102697

Ok, so I know this is a bit off topic, but I value the opinions and experience of the users in this thread. I received a return request for a suit I sold on ebay last week. The buyer claims that the jacket the wrong size. I had it listed as a 44R the measurements are as follows:

Chest - 48" (24" armpit to armpit)

Waist - 46"

Sleeve - 24"

Shoulder Width - 20.5"

Jacket Length - 31"

I employ the measuring method found on AAAC which stated the suit size is almost always 4" less then the measured size. The buyer is claiming that his tailor is telling him it is at least a size 47R, but that my measurements were correct. Buyer claims to have worked for HF and RL and that the suits are all 2" difference between chest size and measurement, and that RLPL is often only 1" difference. The tailor told him he could not alter it to a 44R and he is returning it.

 

Am I measuring correctly? Or am I just being lied to?

post #26949 of 102697
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Ok, so I know this is a bit off topic, but I value the opinions and experience of the users in this thread. I received a return request for a suit I sold on ebay last week. The buyer claims that the jacket the wrong size. I had it listed as a 44R the measurements are as follows:
Chest - 48" (24" armpit to armpit)
Waist - 46"
Sleeve - 24"
Shoulder Width - 20.5"
Jacket Length - 31"
I employ the measuring method found on AAAC which stated the suit size is almost always 4" less then the measured size. The buyer is claiming that his tailor is telling him it is at least a size 47R, but that my measurements were correct. Buyer claims to have worked for HF and RL and that the suits are all 2" difference between chest size and measurement, and that RLPL is often only 1" difference. The tailor told him he could not alter it to a 44R and he is returning it.

Am I measuring correctly? Or am I just being lied to?

By your measurements, I probably would have put it as a 46. BTW what size were the pants?
post #26950 of 102697
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Ok, so I know this is a bit off topic, but I value the opinions and experience of the users in this thread. I received a return request for a suit I sold on ebay last week. The buyer claims that the jacket the wrong size. I had it listed as a 44R the measurements are as follows:
Chest - 48" (24" armpit to armpit)
Waist - 46"
Sleeve - 24"
Shoulder Width - 20.5"
Jacket Length - 31"
I employ the measuring method found on AAAC which stated the suit size is almost always 4" less then the measured size. The buyer is claiming that his tailor is telling him it is at least a size 47R, but that my measurements were correct. Buyer claims to have worked for HF and RL and that the suits are all 2" difference between chest size and measurement, and that RLPL is often only 1" difference. The tailor told him he could not alter it to a 44R and he is returning it.

Am I measuring correctly? Or am I just being lied to?

No need to over-analyze, you posted the suit size and measurements. If your measurements are correct (buyer indicated this), the buyer should gracefully accept he should not have purchased the suit and suck it or get it tailored down. At the end of the day, go by measurements not size tags and the buyer should know that. If the suit had no size tag but you inferred one, buyer should still rely on measurements. Bottom line. One mans 44 is anothers 42 and anothers 46...

However, you have little choice here. Buyer could hit you with a SNAD and you would have to do the refund. In 0.1% of these cases, Paypal could decide in your favor, but it will be a drawn out ugly process and your eBay feedback will be hit with neg. Just tell him to return the suit and block the buyer from ever bidding on your items again. This buyer ID should go in the block list, I have absolutely no time or tolerance for people that make mistakes and refuse to take it like a man. Buyer is at fault, not you.
post #26951 of 102697
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Ok, so I know this is a bit off topic, but I value the opinions and experience of the users in this thread. I received a return request for a suit I sold on ebay last week. The buyer claims that the jacket the wrong size. I had it listed as a 44R the measurements are as follows:
Chest - 48" (24" armpit to armpit)
Waist - 46"
Sleeve - 24"
Shoulder Width - 20.5"
Jacket Length - 31"
I employ the measuring method found on AAAC which stated the suit size is almost always 4" less then the measured size. The buyer is claiming that his tailor is telling him it is at least a size 47R, but that my measurements were correct. Buyer claims to have worked for HF and RL and that the suits are all 2" difference between chest size and measurement, and that RLPL is often only 1" difference. The tailor told him he could not alter it to a 44R and he is returning it.

Am I measuring correctly? Or am I just being lied to?


The jacket measures out more closely to a standard 46R. Having said that, all manufacturers are not consistent in their labeling as far as sizes go, which is why in any ebay auction you should give the measurements and use those as the controlling measurement - not what is on the tag. So long as the buyer is 1) made aware of the specific measurements, and 2) made aware to rely on the measurements and not the listed size, then you should have no problems (assuming you measured correctly in the first place).
post #26952 of 102697
I should also add that in all of my ebay listings I put for the buyer to double check, and go by the measurements. Maybe it could have been a 46 portly? But 48" seems awfully drapey for a 44 coat.
post #26953 of 102697
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcl View Post


By your measurements, I probably would have put it as a 46. BTW what size were the pants?

Because of the broad shoulder measurement?

40/27 - could let out 3" on the waist and 1.5" on the length.

 

 

post #26954 of 102697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobber View Post


No need to over-analyze, you posted the suit size and measurements. If your measurements are correct (buyer indicated this), the buyer should gracefully accept he should not have purchased the suit and suck it or get it tailored down. At the end of the day, go by measurements not size tags and the buyer should know that. If the suit had no size tag but you inferred one, buyer should still rely on measurements. Bottom line. One mans 44 is anothers 42 and anothers 46...
However, you have little choice here. Buyer could hit you with a SNAD and you would have to do the refund. In 0.1% of these cases, Paypal could decide in your favor, but it will be a drawn out ugly process and your eBay feedback will be hit with neg. Just tell him to return the suit and block the buyer from ever bidding on your items again. This buyer ID should go in the block list, I have absolutely no time or tolerance for people that make mistakes and refuse to take it like a man. Buyer is at fault, not you.



I don't usually put up a fight on returns, to save my feedback. He already left great feedback for me, that's why I was a little surprised at the return request. I guess I will be adding yet another statement in my nearly endless terms and conditions section. No big deal, Its a fairly nice suit and I should have no problem reselling it. 

 

post #26955 of 102697
Quote:
Originally Posted by amadar View Post


The jacket measures out more closely to a standard 46R. Having said that, all manufacturers are not consistent in their labeling as far as sizes go, which is why in any ebay auction you should give the measurements and use those as the controlling measurement - not what is on the tag. So long as the buyer is 1) made aware of the specific measurements, and 2) made aware to rely on the measurements and not the listed size, then you should have no problems (assuming you measured correctly in the first place).



This jacket was untagged. I stated it in the listing as such and gave the measurements posted.

 

So is the standard 4" difference on AAAC no good? Should I go with 2" from now on?

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread